Story Poster
Photo by Colt Barber
Baylor Football

BREAKING: Linebacker Artis, receiver Preciado leave Baylor program

July 16, 2018

Related: Baylor releases first depth chart | Josh Malin noted as starting LT

FRISCO, Texas - When Baylor opens fall camp next month on August 27, they will be without linebacker DeMarco Artis and wide receiver Rajah Preciado, SicEm365 has learned and confirmed. 

A Baylor official confirmed the departure of both and that both players left on good terms. Artis and Preciado were left off of Baylor's roster at Big 12 Media Days that was released on Monday morning.

Get your ultimate premium Baylor fall camp coverage for $1.00!

A 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker from Sanford, Florida, Artis played six games Baylor's RUSH position as a true freshman, collecting one tackle with a QB hurry.

Following the season Artis was moved to the middle linebacker position and was in line to potentially redshirt as a sophmore to regain a year of eligibility. A 2017 prospect, Artis picked the Bears over Florida State and Oregon. 

Preciado (5-10, 185) also went through a position change, moving from safety to wide receiver during the spring. As a sophomore, Preciado played in 11 games totaling 13 tackles with 1.0 tackles for loss. Preciado signed with the Bears in 2016 out College Station (TX) High school.

Baylor, who added Navarro College linebacker Jacob Copeland to their roster for 2018, currently sits at 84 scholarship with fall camp approaching. 

Baylor's 2018 Season Scholarship Breakdown 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Linebacker Artis, receiver Preciado leave Baylor program

23,796 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DaveyBear
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two guys we didn't evaluate properly. Wish them well and hope we use their spots wisely
Loaded4Bear
bularry said:

Two guys we didn't evaluate properly. Wish them well and hope we use their spots wisely
"Didn't evaluate properly"? LOL! Is that a euphemism for lack of coaching? According to the article, Artis had offers from Florida State and Oregon.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
BluesBear
Too funny. Now they "weren't evaluated correctly"...

Wow
ZatchZell
bularry said:

What kind of bull crap is this?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Preciado was offered by Bennett.
hodedofome
I really hope Artis isn't leaving because he was gonna redshirt this year. That'd be a diva like move.

Preciado, I liked him. Could he not cut it on defense? And I guess we are loaded at WR for the time being...
GhettoHEBear
Looks like the staff is making room for some good new recruits.
Baylor Mafioso
BearTooth
Wasn't Artis one of the surprise "whale" recruits from that first class?
bularry
ZatchZell said:

bularry said:

Bull crap? We recruited Artis to rush the passer but moved to MLB this spring. What do you call that?
RealLarryDon
Artis should have been booted after the TCU game.
bularry
Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

"Didn't evaluate properly"? LOL! Is that a euphemism for lack of coaching? According to the article, Artis had offers from Florida State and Oregon.

Wasn't evaluated correctly is 100% coaching/ recruiting. Is that not obvious? Are you dense?
Loaded4Bear
bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Wasn't evaluated correctly is 100% coaching/ recruiting. Is that not obvious? Are you dense?
Really no need to be defensive (No pun intended). I asked you a simple question and you answered it. Thank you.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
bularry
Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Really no need to be defensive (No pun intended). I asked you a simple question and you answered it. Thank you.
my bad, didn't know your question was genuine.
BearTooth
Does this mean two more schollies for the next class?
BUBear24
BearTooth said:

Does this mean two more schollies for the next class?

Yes
Grizz Air
Anybody know why they left? Couldn't make it up the depth chart??? Why? Why? Why?

Also, I really likes Preciado as a person.
BoonDockSaint
EVERY program has attrition where players leave and go elsewhere

This doesnt always have to do with coaching or evaluation of recruits

Case in point

Lache Seastrunk
HuMcK
BoonDockSaint said:

Case in point

Lache Seastrunk

I'm confident Artis isnt leaving Baylor for the same reason that Seastrunk left Oregon.
BUBear24
HuMcK said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Case in point

Lache Seastrunk

I'm confident Artis isnt leaving Baylor for the same reason that Seastrunk left Oregon.

Playing time.
ZatchZell
bularry said:

ZatchZell said:

bularry said:

Bull crap? We recruited Artis to rush the passer but moved to MLB this spring. What do you call that?
apologies, i thought you meant we over recruited them.
DaveyBear
Demarco was not going to play this year. Period.

Don't know about the other guy.

Wish em well and don't be disappointed. We need to be the least controversial team this side of the Mississippi river. They will get picked up elsewhere...probably not D1 though (pure speculation on my part).
JaMycal Hasty through 9/22
Rush 29 att 182 yds 6.3 ypc
Rec 9 rec 80 yds 8.9 ypc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.