Football
Sponsored by

Urban Meyer knowingly employed a serial woman beater and lied about it

22,799 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
Nick Nolte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BylrFan
When do the rumors about Rhule heading to Ohio State start?
boognish_bear
BylrFan said:

Looking at that list of Vegas favorites to replace Urban he's not on there fwiw.

I don't see him leaving here a month before the season starts and leaving all his coaches behind.

I think OSU will go internal interim or a one year rental like we did with Grobe. Maybe a Les Miles or Mack Brown.
boognish_bear
BylrFan
boognish_bear said:

BylrFan said:

Looking at that list of Vegas favorites to replace Urban he's not on there fwiw.

I don't see him leaving here a month before the season starts and leaving all his coaches behind.

I think OSU will go internal interim or a one year rental like we did with Grobe. Maybe a Les Miles or Mack Brown.

Was rhule on the favorites to become Baylor's next coach back in January? I could see that happening regarding your last paragraph
boognish_bear
Just wait until OSU hears that the B1G will be withholding 25% of their revenue until they demonstrate they can behave.

Hell...they have a HC covering up domestic abuse and a scandal involving the wrestling team doctor sexually abusing male athletes.

I know the NCAA and the Ohio Rangers will surely be investigating them.
GoldenBear007
If it's all true, I hope he's gone. It's about time one of the blue blood schools face some consequences.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Is Stoops bored of staying home yet?
Malbec
So now BT has added domestic violence to her list of victimhoods?
RegentCoverup
Kudos to Ohio State, I think they did the right thing.
Some Utah fans warned me he was a sneaky little liar. Always believed them.
ESPN is getting crucified for this, because they fired Brett McMurphy, who broke the story.

ESPN was the last major network to carry this on their website.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
boognish_bear
Amarillobear
Well, Brenda Tracy must be beside herself with anger. Didn't she get paid to speak to OSU? I would bet money that she is in the process of flying to Columbus on her broom to get her picture on TV.

Paula Lavigne and Mark Schlarabach surely are in the process of writing a book and making up a lot of details to cash in on this story. Come on it's OSU and they can make a lot of money from the competitor schools by publishing a book full of dirt. All they ever have to say is a "source" told this this or told them that. It doesn't have to be true to sell copies as long as they use the magic work of "source".
I am a Baylor letterman, a Baylor graduate and I love Baylor.
syme
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ESPN is getting crucified for this, because they fired Brett McMurphy, who broke the story.

Just watch. Ohio State's gonna get nothing but praise for "setting the standard", while we implement 105 recommendations and there's still calls to shut down the football program.
Smashmouth
Urban has been a drug abuser for years... listen to his wife's 911 call when he was at Florida. .I'm too lazy to post the link but somebody probably can
boognish_bear
Looking at those contract stipulations it looks like they might be able to fire him for cause
SFLBear
syme said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Just watch. Ohio State's gonna get nothing but praise for "setting the standard", while we implement 105 recommendations and there's still calls to shut down the football program.
That's called image control. We don't know how to do that. We let ESPN control our image - it was gift wrapped by our BOR.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

I believe Rhule will campaign hard for the job if there is an opening to be filled after the season whether the opening occurs now or after the season. If Ohio State makes a move now and intends to fill the position before the season however, I do not believe Rhule will pull a Chad Morriss and hence will not even inquire about the position.
He lost to UTSA and Liberty

tOSU will run to that
PartyBear
No. My assumption here is that TOSU will not try to fill the position until after the season if they fire Meyer. I also think we will win at least 6. If he tried to parlay a win over KU into the Colts job, he will really run hard with a 6 or more win season for a blue blood in the BiG gig. I just really don't think Rhule sees himself as a long term Baylor HC like even hired gun Briles had begun to see himself ironically.
Malbec
Amarillobear said:

Well, Brenda Tracy must be beside herself with anger. Didn't she get paid to speak to OSU? I would bet money that she is in the process of flying to Columbus on her broom to get her picture on TV.

Paula Lavigne and Mark Schlarabach surely are in the process of writing a book and making up a lot of details to cash in on this story. Come on it's OSU and they can make a lot of money from the competitor schools by publishing a book full of dirt. All they ever have to say is a "source" told this this or told them that. It doesn't have to be true to sell copies as long as they use the magic work of "source".
And Paula and Mark can get Buckeye365 posters to quote their new book as fact.
xiledinok
Brenda received a check to sell Ohio State. It helped that she had gotten bucked at Baylor, where there was less situational awareness than a homeless camp dealing with her sideshow.
It will take 20 years to get to real discussion because there's only financial incentive to spend time doing crusades like Brenda does these days.
Stay clear unless you are writing the check. Watch, listen, thank and move on to your daily business.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

Brenda received a check to sell Ohio State. It helped that she had gotten bucked at Baylor, where there was less situational awareness than a homeless camp dealing with her sideshow.
It will take 20 years to get to real discussion because there's only financial incentive to spend time doing crusades like Brenda does these days.
Stay clear unless you are writing the check. Watch, listen, thank and move on to your daily business.
You'd think with all that money she's getting paid, she could get some professional attire.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

You'd think with all that money she's getting paid, she could get some professional attire.

Or give a portion of her checks to a local group.
I have not run across any printed information these paid speakers provide to their audience. Do they actually exist?
I have never seen a printed pamphlet provided by Brenda.
Derp
It was classic. I think it was around 1pm they finally had a story on their website while the rest of the country and been discussing for hours. Server in Bristol must have been down
NoBSU
boognish_bear said:

Is the assistant's wife a student at Ohio State. If not why would Meyer have an obligation to report to Title IX Coordinator. If nothing happened on campus, then not Clery. BrooksBearLives, do you agree?

I'm not saying Ohio State don't have a reason. Just saying I am not sure it is a Title IX failure to report unless she was taking a class.

BUGWBBear
If Meyer gets cut loose, will Grobe get asked out of retirement again to play temporary coach?
PartyBear
They already named the OC the acting HC. I imagine they will remove the acting part of the title if Meyer is fired. He is a young guy kind of like the OU HC already part of the system. Would likely be a plug and play move similar again to the OU move last year. So I'm not sure if they will go on a search for a Hc if Meyer is fired.

Incidentally he was the OC at Temple in 12.
Mitch Blood Green
PartyBear said:

I said on the other thread and I'll say it on this one as well. Contrary to the prevailing view that big state schools are not held to the same standards as smaller private schools, Ohio State will have to make a move because they are a big state school and actually have to hold themselves up to a higher standard because of that. I would not be shocked if the Regents at Ohio State have to make a move at this point. Again as a state school they have a BOR that really does have accountability for their actions. If I'm not mistaken, the HC has lied about the extent of his knowledge of his assistant coaches problems with women or his wife. Now there is documentation proving he has lied. That is the revelation that has come out today that has stirred this up. This is a problem if he has lied to the AD and administration.

I say he dosen't get fired. I hate that I'm gonna say this as I believe domestic violence is wrong. Is it his job to know that his employee is a bum?

I read that the wife sent the email to other wives.

Right now, I have over 400 unread work emails. Lots of them I've intentionally ignored because I have an email deal that they're unimportant like travel confirmations and auto receipts for expense reports.

Furthermore, if I am told you smacked around your wife and you said you didn't, what is my responsibility? If I see it, high. If it's he said/she said and I don't have proof?
BUBear24
BUGWBBear said:

If Meyer gets cut loose, will Grobe get asked out of retirement again to play temporary coach?
They'll call Stoops first and foremost before anyone.
PartyBear
Tommie it isn't that he should have known his employee is a bum it's that he did know that and has lied about knowing it.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

Tommie it isn't that he should have known his employee is a bum it's that he did know that and has lied about knowing it.
Are you responsible for everything your spouse knows? Should you be fired for things your wife knows?
REX
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Are you responsible for everything your spouse knows? Should you be fired for things your wife knows?

Urban better get with Hillary's people and scrub all of his emails
School and personal
Doc Holliday
REX said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Urban better get with Hillary's people and scrub all of his emails
School and personal
Lol, he's probably already smashed hard drives with hammers (Hillary actually did this).
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Urban won't be left wondering why he has a stigma if things go badly.

Lmao, mixing politics and football. And you wonder why the football fans nationally hate our former regime,
bexar country
Good night now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.