Football
Sponsored by

Urban Meyer knowingly employed a serial woman beater and lied about it

22,779 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BylrFan said:

When do the rumors about Rhule heading to Ohio State start?
Earlier in the thread they already started.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

They already named the OC the acting HC. I imagine they will remove the acting part of the title if Meyer is fired. He is a young guy kind of like the OU HC already part of the system. Would likely be a plug and play move similar again to the OU move last year. So I'm not sure if they will go on a search for a Hc if Meyer is fired.

Incidentally he was the OC at Temple in 12.
They could still hire a year long interim. Baylor named PB as acting or interim (forget which term they used) and then brought in Grobe.
cowboycwr
I find it interesting the tone of several people who posted that Urban would not be fired and now that he has been placed on leave their tone has changed a little.
Surf Oso
cowboycwr said:

I find it interesting the tone of several people who posted that Urban would not be fired and now that he has been placed on leave their tone has changed a little.
He's on double secret probation. I still don't think he gets canned.

That being said, the radio here in Austin sure is worried about a Tom Herman departure
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Aberzombie1892
It would be unfortunate if after firing Meyer (if it occurs), Ohio State came and hired Campbell away from ISU.
Jacques Strap
Does Urban know that the Italians are hiring?
Russell Gym
Jacques Strap said:

Does Urban know that the Italians are hiring?

Viva Italia
Willie
boognish_bear said:

This is the number one trending story on twitter....and suddenly Herby can't be found for a comment. He said nothing about it last week and has made no comments today. Shocker.

NoBSU
Uh, Urban is toast now with the Project Veritas Florida players videos.

Stick a fork in him especially if he has similar injuries at Ohio State. Transfers talk, etc.
DieUniversitaet
Let's go poaching!
PartyBear
Does that guy who has been their QB since what seems like 2012 still have any eligibility?
NoBSU
https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/
xiledinok
Aaron Hernandez is blowing up here soon.
xiledinok
Willie said:

boognish_bear said:

This is the number one trending story on twitter....and suddenly Herby can't be found for a comment. He said nothing about it last week and has made no comments today. Shocker.

Worldwide just got bent over on the money. Big 10 football blows. Here comes over sell of Harbaugh to the country.
boognish_bear
Willie said:

boognish_bear said:

Apparently he made an appearance on SportsCenter and it looks like he was telling people to tap the brakes and not just assume that urban is guilty. Hmmm.... not sure what he means....the media never jumps to conclusions do they?

Timbear
Now Herbstreit wants everyone to just chill and let all the facts be known before judging Meyer. I don't remember him being so objective when he was discussing Briles.
twwdc
It will take 6 months for herby to get his sphincter loose
boognish_bear
OTL and friends

NoBSU
boognish_bear said:

OTL and friends

Finebaum is like that weasel dude at church or work that is all friendly to your face then slams you when your back is turned. When I see him on camera, I am reminded of a certain animal depiction in one Disney film:

BUBear24
NoBSU said:

boognish_bear said:

OTL and friends

Finebaum is like that weasel dude at church or work that is all friendly to your face then slams you when your back is turned. When I see him on camera, I am reminded of a certain animal depiction in one Disney film:

I like to think we found his spirit animal way down in the deep dark crevices of the sea...
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

Jacques Strap
Eball
ok...what exactly are we to do with guys who are accused of beating their wife or girlfriend but never convicted...never charged with a crime? They are to never work again? If not coaching then what job can the get? are we saying that some jobs are ok for wife beaters but some are not?
He is denying he did it but I know there are texts and photos that make look like it got physical but once again what can and can't you do? Mixon is playing pro ball even though he is on video punching and breaking a girls jaw so? what are the rules exactly?
BylrFan
MilliVanilli
There will be some justice if Meyer goes down as hard as Briles did, will lend credance to the idea no one is too big to fail if they acted beyond the boundaries of decency.

Who woulda' thunk that the two coaches vying for the coveted 4th playoff spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff would be out of football four short years later.

Russell Gym
Eball said:

ok...what exactly are we to do with guys who are accused of beating their wife or girlfriend but never convicted...never charged with a crime? They are to never work again? If not coaching then what job can the get? are we saying that some jobs are ok for wife beaters but some are not?
He is denying he did it but I know there are texts and photos that make look like it got physical but once again what can and can't you do? Mixon is playing pro ball even though he is on video punching and breaking a girls jaw so? what are the rules exactly?

Do The Right Thing.
Eball
Which is what ?
SFLBear
MilliVanilli said:

There will be some justice if Meyer goes down as hard as Briles did, will lend credance to the idea no one is too big to fail if they acted beyond the boundaries of decency.

Who woulda' thunk that the two coaches vying for the coveted 4th playoff spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff would be out of football four short years later.

Why does it feel you are proud of this?
boognish_bear

JXL
boognish_bear said:

OTL and friends

That's because Meyer isn't in the SEC.
boognish_bear
OSU beat writer trying to give Urban some cover

boognish_bear
Malbec
BUBear24 said:

NoBSU said:

boognish_bear said:

OTL and friends

I like to think we found his spirit animal way down in the deep dark crevices of the sea...
I saw someone wearing that on their head in some protest march.
Russell Gym
Eball said:

Which is what ?

If you need a set of rules as an adult for doing the right thing, it's probably not going to be done anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.