Football
Sponsored by

Urban Meyer knowingly employed a serial woman beater and lied about it

22,688 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DioNoZeus said:

Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

robby44 said:

SFLBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

There will be some justice if Meyer goes down as hard as Briles did, will lend credance to the idea no one is too big to fail if they acted beyond the boundaries of decency.

Who woulda' thunk that the two coaches vying for the coveted 4th playoff spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff would be out of football four short years later.

Why does it feel you are proud of this?

Because haters want to hate
Well, MV acts "beyond the boundaries of decency" all the time here, so there's that.
Yes, it's so indecent to live in reality. What a burden for your cyber life to endure that.

You are a really strange, insecure dude. How many different screen names are you going to use?
If I understood an Ashley post correctly, another mod used tge banhammer on the other. So, you can't exactly blame RD2 for changing to this name if the previous name was banned. Since they know the identity, I assume mods are fine with it but the 80s name is toast.
boognish_bear

MilliVanilli
Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

robby44 said:

SFLBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

There will be some justice if Meyer goes down as hard as Briles did, will lend credance to the idea no one is too big to fail if they acted beyond the boundaries of decency.

Who woulda' thunk that the two coaches vying for the coveted 4th playoff spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff would be out of football four short years later.

Well, MV acts "beyond the boundaries of decency" all the time here, so there's that.
Yes, it's so indecent to live in reality. What a burden for your cyber life to endure that.

Ah, Jim Ward's alternate screen handle, but with the same obsession with Milli Vanilli.
Loaded4Bear
DioNoZeus said:

Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

robby44 said:

SFLBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

You are a really strange, insecure dude. How many different screen names are you going to use?
I am many things (some good and some bad), Zeus, but insecure is not one of them. For the record, I have one screen name.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
Loaded4Bear
MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

robby44 said:

SFLBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Ah, Jim Ward's alternate screen handle, but with the same obsession with Milli Vanilli.
You can call me Jim. You can call me Tim. You can call me Fred. You can call me Pedro if you would like.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
BaylorRocks
Malbec
Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

robby44 said:

SFLBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

You can call me Jim. You can call me Tim. You can call me Fred. You can call me Pedro if you would like.
But ya duz-int has to call me Johnson.
xiledinok
Ohio State already fired a national championship coach. They have shown more balls in the past than the robe touchers types want schools to show.

ESPN probably wants to keep Urban around because they know he will keep Ohio State competitive and bring the most important thing to them and college athletics- tv viewers.

In the end, best make everyone money and not be appear to be a mooch.

What's the latest? Brenda condemning Ohio State fans for living vicariously through their football coaching staff?

For #setthexpectations, advocate lady Brenda never gets out in front with her message. She is just yelling behind the front line media.
RioRata
zunooreo said:

Bump
boognish_bear
It's Friday....what news will we get?
Eastside Bear
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

According to the article, the moms of Zach and Courtney are both saying that Courtney has been plotting this for a long time.
gobbeldygook
Eastside Bear said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

According to the article, the moms of Zach and Courtney are both saying that Courtney has been plotting this for a long time.
I've read that both of them urged her not to report. There is much hearsay surrounding this issue. But we do know that there is 10 years worth of evidence. Meyer knew what he was dealing with and chose to keep an abuser on staff. For Baylor's sake, I hope he's shown the door or takes a settlement and resigns.
cowboycwr
gobbeldygook said:

Eastside Bear said:

I've read that both of them urged her not to report. There is much hearsay surrounding this issue. But we do know that there is 10 years worth of evidence. Meyer knew what he was dealing with and chose to keep an abuser on staff. For Baylor's sake, I hope he's shown the door or takes a settlement and resigns.
Settlement??? Wait if he is guilty why would the university pay him to go away???????
gobbeldygook
cowboycwr said:

gobbeldygook said:

Eastside Bear said:

Settlement??? Wait if he is guilty why would the university pay him to go away???????
According to his statement he reported to the proper person, though I think most observers consider this to be a falsehood. Even if this is true, he could still be offered a buyout based on appearances and resign. There are numerous parallels to the Briles situation.
boognish_bear
Eastside Bear said:

cowboycwr
I have no idea how this connection happened but I got an espn alert on my phone that "Texas coach Tom Herman denies report that he had role in publicizing alleged abuse be ex Ohio state assistant...."
NoBSU
cowboycwr said:

gobbeldygook said:

Eastside Bear said:

LMAO
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
$2,000 worth of sexy toys? He's gonna have himself a busy weekend

boognish_bear
BaylorOkie
McMurphy is all in on this one.
PartyBear
I'm not sure why the video taped sex with a staffer made in the lounge at the stadium is not getting as much play as the sex toy purchases. Although $2000 worth of sex toys seems like would be uhaul full of them.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
It feels like OSU is going to find a way to hang on to Urban. All this latest stuff will just make the PR hit a little tougher... but I think they will fade it
GhettoHEBear
boognish_bear said:

It feels like OSU is going to find a way to hang on to Urban. All this latest stuff will just make the PR hit a little tougher... but I think they will fade it
State school. There was never any doubt.
Baylor Mafioso
PartyBear
The thing is a flagship state school system and its Board is far more accountable to the public than a BOR like Baylor's. Baylor's is accountable to no one unfortunately unless some do things that push things to the point that DOJ or DA's office get involved.
Eball
I am guessing that he is gone and he resigns and takes a buy out. I don't think he has to or that OSU has to x him...the stuff is gross and insensitive but now with the sensitivity to these type issues I just think they move on.
boognish_bear
BaylorOkie
boognish_bear
tOSU stealing a play out of the BU playbook and going with the verbal report of findings....

RegentCoverup
A lot of state universities do that.

Btw, most aren't aware of it, but state universities tend to be protected from lawsuits by order of law.

Private universities may not have to report the same info via FOIA, but the State U's get protection that most people wouldn't dream of....
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
RioRata
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

A lot of state universities do that.

Btw, most aren't aware of it, but state universities tend to be protected from lawsuits by order of law.

Private universities may not have to report the same info via FOIA, but the State U's get protection that most people wouldn't dream of....

Yep. Tech used state law to screw The Pirate out of lots of $$$.
Doc Holliday
Eball said:

ok...what exactly are we to do with guys who are accused of beating their wife or girlfriend but never convicted...never charged with a crime? They are to never work again? If not coaching then what job can the get? are we saying that some jobs are ok for wife beaters but some are not?
He is denying he did it but I know there are texts and photos that make look like it got physical but once again what can and can't you do? Mixon is playing pro ball even though he is on video punching and breaking a girls jaw so? what are the rules exactly?
Now you're asking the right questions.

The answer is whatever the media tells the public to believe.

The media controls the narrative, interest, witch hunts etc.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

Eball said:

ok...what exactly are we to do with guys who are accused of beating their wife or girlfriend but never convicted...never charged with a crime? They are to never work again? If not coaching then what job can the get? are we saying that some jobs are ok for wife beaters but some are not?
He is denying he did it but I know there are texts and photos that make look like it got physical but once again what can and can't you do? Mixon is playing pro ball even though he is on video punching and breaking a girls jaw so? what are the rules exactly?
Now you're asking the right questions.

The answer is whatever the media tells the public to believe.

The media controls the narrative, interest, witch hunts etc.

Sean Hannity? Is that you?
No one gives a rat's ass what the media thinks. Maybe in the sticks w ma and pa but 75 percent of the country doesn't.
Take Joe Mixon. Media cried and was angry. He played. Why? Those who write the checks wanted him to play.
Urban ain't going down because of his jackoff abusing assistant coach. The sponsors like him.
Take Bill O'Reily. Popular but not among those writing a check.
Best not be unpopular with the bosses.
cowboycwr
3 game suspension. That's it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.