Football
Sponsored by

UNT ANNOUNCES FOOTBALL SERIES WITH BAYLOR

10,219 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krieg
Aberzombie1892
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Home and home? What the hell Ian?? Er Rhoades??

Seriously you play teams like this at home. What happened to the non conf enhancements?
This topic is a little complicated. On one hand, Baylor needs to satisfy the at least 1 P5 per season rule, while, on the other hand, due to the nature of the Big 12's recruiting footprint, Baylor needs to play against teams near major recruiting areas throughout Texas for exposure to potential recruits. So, here, it's fine for Baylor to play a home and home with a G5 in the Dallas metroplex as long as Baylor scheduling this team would not prevent Baylor from playing a P5 that same season.

An SEC program wouldn't do this, but, at the same time, the SEC has 7 of the top 10 recruiting states in its footprint*, so it's not as if the SEC's and the Big 12's positions on this issue are similar.

*https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763032-ranking-the-10-states-with-the-most-talent-in-college-football-right-now#slide1
Timbear
Baylor plays 9 P5 games in conf compared to SEC's 8. That leaves 4 games each year for the SEC to play pansies. They might play 1 P5 non conf game giving them maybe 9. Some posters want Baylor to play 10 or 11 P5 games, which is crazy.
bear2be2
Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

UNT would have beaten us last year.
Are you talking about 2017 or 2018?

Either
Clowns gonna clown.

North Texas, a four-loss Conference USA team that beat UTEP, Old Dominion and UTSA by three and got blown out by a coachless Utah State team in its bowl game, would not have beaten us last season. But given that you predicted two wins ... and then three ... and then four ... and then five ... and then six ... for us last season, I'm not surprised in the least that you would think otherwise. You are, after all, pretty much always wrong.
REX
bear2be2 said:

Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

Either
Clowns gonna clown.

North Texas, a four-loss Conference USA team that beat UTEP, Old Dominion and UTSA by three and got blown out by a coachless Utah State team in its bowl game, would not have beaten us last season. But given that you predicted two wins ... and then three ... and then four ... and then five ... and then six ... for us last season, I'm not surprised in the least that you would think otherwise. You are, after all, pretty much always wrong.

What about 2017
MeanGreenATX
Y'all gonna be really mad when UNT comes in and stomps Baylor in both venues. Good luck, losers.
BUBear24
MeanGreenATX said:

Y'all gonna be really mad when UNT comes in and stomps Baylor in both venues. Good luck, losers.

When you lose Seth no one is going to give a **** about y'all
GoMeanGreen
whitetrash said:

GoMeanGreen said:

I think y'all are forgetting about what happened last time y'all came to Denton.

#GOMEANGREEN

http://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/recap?gameId=232490249
No, we remember exactly. Which is why our punters are now trained assassins.

It should be a fun game!
Bear8084
MeanGreenATX said:

Doc Holliday
MeanGreenATX said:

BylrFan
coldhardtruth said:

I don't remember all the outrage about playing a non-P5 team at home when we played Rice a few years ago.

It's not about playing cupcakes, it's more of having to travel to a non P5 game.
GoMeanGreen
BylrFan said:

coldhardtruth said:

I don't remember all the outrage about playing a non-P5 team at home when we played Rice a few years ago.

It's not about playing cupcakes, it's more of having to travel to a non P5 game.
Don't worry! Y'all wont even be considered P5 ones the real teams leave the Big 12 and the conference leftovers scramble.
Aberzombie1892
Timbear said:

Baylor plays 9 P5 games in conf compared to SEC's 8. That leaves 4 games each year for the SEC to play pansies. They might play 1 P5 non conf game giving them maybe 9. Some posters want Baylor to play 10 or 11 P5 games, which is crazy.
Baylor is supposed to play at least 10 (9 conference games plus 1 OOC P5), and that is a by-product of the Big 12 only having 10 teams.

As for the Rice, UNT, and SMU games, that's fine as Baylor needs the exposure in the Dallas and Houston metroplexes.
coldhardtruth
But we played Rice in Houston a few years ago. The famous "Refrain from Shooting Lasers Onto the Field" game.
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
BaylorHistory
Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

Either
They lost to a coachless Utah State team 52-13 in their bowl game so let's calm down a bit.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
BaylorHistory
GoMeanGreen said:

BylrFan said:

coldhardtruth said:

Don't worry! Y'all wont even be considered P5 ones the real teams leave the Big 12 and the conference leftovers scramble.
I think G5 teams are real. Don't sell yourself so short especially after that fun win in Fayetteville.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
#GMG
BU will most certainly not be in the Big12 in a decade. This very well may be a conference game when this one rolls around.

But, you're welcome for the invitation.

#GMG
Wichitabear
Uh, I will. My son attends UNT.
Wichitabear
Yes, that was bad but their QB was out the whole game hurt except for the first play. UNT has made some good progress this year. Of course who can predict that many years away what will happen
Bear8084
#GMG said:

BU will most certainly not be in the Big12 in a decade. This very well may be a conference game when this one rolls around.

But, you're welcome for the invitation.

#GMG

Lol! I didn't know UNT had so many uppity, ignorant trolls.
ColomboLQ
Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

Either
2017 yes. 2018 no.
Wichitabear
Yeah I wasn't impressed with GMG's comment either.
Yogi
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
ScottS
We will destroy UNT.
BearlyBeloved
Aberzombie1892 said:

Baylor is supposed to play at least 10 (9 conference games plus 1 OOC P5), and that is a by-product of the Big 12 only having 10 teams.

As for the Rice, UNT, and SMU games, that's fine as Baylor needs the exposure in the Dallas and Houston metroplexes.
Don't we need exposure in San Antonio? We could change our series with Incarnate Word to home-and-home. Their stadium was recently upgraded to hold 6,000 fans.

We might even break their attendance record -- 6,498 for their 2016 game against Houston Baptist.

Aberzombie1892
BearlyBeloved said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Don't we need exposure in San Antonio? We could change our series with Incarnate Word to home-and-home. Their stadium was recently upgraded to hold 6,000 fans.

We might even break their attendance record -- 6,498 for their 2016 game against Houston Baptist.
That's funny.

Baylor does need exposure in San Antonio - hence why it played UTSA at UTSA in 2018.
historian
I seem to remember there was a good sized crowd at the Alamo Dome including a sizable Baylor contingent (I certainly did my part!).

I also thought it interesting the Baylor had three indoor games in 2018. It was good for the players to experience that and I hope it becomes a regular occurrence--especially in post season.
Wichitabear
Lolol yes, so nice and hot!
BearlyBeloved
Aberzombie1892 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

That's funny.

Baylor does need exposure in San Antonio - hence why it played UTSA at UTSA in 2018.

How about getting that kind of exposure in Abilene? We could also go home-and-home with Abilene Christian.

Krieg
ColomboLQ said:

Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

Either
2017 yes. 2018 no.

Which week in 2018? We were horrible for a while but would've won easily at the end.

As for this series, 1 for 1 with them is a complete joke. The competition level likely won't be much more than an FCS team and we can get them to come here without a return date. If we can't afford to pay them to come we may have other issues that caused this scheduling...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.