Football
Sponsored by

If you believe in Art...

37,593 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Forest Bueller
Dman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Wow, the fact that Art is merely being interviewed certainly has the resident boo birds energized today.
Wrong.

The fact that so many of you losers, still, 2+ years later, clinging to the robe of a disgraced coach who ran a program which allowed "very bad things" to taint the reputation of Baylor are stroking each other into orgasmic orbit makes me feel "dirty".

Again. The hypocrisy. If Briles "allowed very bad things to happen". So did the BoR...campus wide...before Briles ever knew where Waco was on a map. But you praise your friends on the BoR regularly for doing such a great job.

Two. You have a pen!s complex. Is it because of your age, obesity, and the fact that you probably haven't seen yours in years? See...it's easy to go gutter,...it's just not called for.
xiledinok
Okay, Lady Linda, no rogue regents, Baylor versus the offensive coordinator at Southern Piss.
Which old regents want to remind everyone why the entire college football world thought we were moochies taking bowl money and producing nothing in revenue sports? I cannot sale Gale Galloway as a big time great football regent at Baylor.
Not exactly a visionary. We built a golf course that didn't sale beer and alcohol and had to get rid of the unprofitable course before we decided to build the football stadium under former regents.
Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Talk about repeat the same old same old

All those words and not one name or specific act

Tell us the names and what they did !

Yep. It's repeating. The Truth doesn't change depending on the messenger and if it fits a specific narrative. It's constant.

You want examples and names? Why? It won't matter to you. You apply different standards of proof depending on who's delivering the message and if it fits your narrative. You will be given examples but then want witness statements, exact times of days, and barometric pressure on the day it happened...or it didn't happen. You used to say we couldn't know what happened in those meetings because we weren't there. Then an actual BoR who member was there gave examples of the BoRs failures and mismanagement and their agenda. Nope you..that one didn't count. You spent days discrediting him. You have examples from staff who were there and involved, fro9m depositions and legal proceedings. All more substantive than the media allegations and FoF written by and for the BoR you were so fond of quoting.

So..no..you don't want specifics. You will simply attempt to discredit. You want only what fits your narrative.

So you got nothing. Like I thought.
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Yep. It's repeating. The Truth doesn't change depending on the messenger and if it fits a specific narrative. It's constant.

You want examples and names? Why? It won't matter to you. You apply different standards of proof depending on who's delivering the message and if it fits your narrative. You will be given examples but then want witness statements, exact times of days, and barometric pressure on the day it happened...or it didn't happen. You used to say we couldn't know what happened in those meetings because we weren't there. Then an actual BoR who member was there gave examples of the BoRs failures and mismanagement and their agenda. Nope you..that one didn't count. You spent days discrediting him. You have examples from staff who were there and involved, fro9m depositions and legal proceedings. All more substantive than the media allegations and FoF written by and for the BoR you were so fond of quoting.

So..no..you don't want specifics. You will simply attempt to discredit. You want only what fits your narrative.

You've been given plenty of examples. You just choose to ignore.

What I've got is credibility. You lost any appearance of that on this topic years ago.

Keyser Soze
Man up and admit you have nothing
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Man up and admit your bias, your agenda driven, and the paychecks. You've been given examples for years by BoR members themselves, depositions, testimony under oath...none of it was good enough.

The question was asked earlier. Where do you hide until these threads when it's time to come shilling? Your is SO predictable.

DioNoZeus
Keyser Soze said:

I can't wait for the self proclaimed big timer who literally spends his day stalking Milli (despite insisting he has him on ignore), Thee, and X from thread to thread to enlighten us with the dirty details of the BOR malfeasance.
Thee University
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Wow, the fact that Art is merely being interviewed certainly has the resident boo birds energized today.
Wrong.

The fact that so many of you losers, still, 2+ years later, clinging to the robe of a disgraced coach who ran a program which allowed "very bad things" to taint the reputation of Baylor are stroking each other into orgasmic orbit makes me feel "dirty".

He's going to get a job. Relax. He will be back and you guys can circle up and flail away on each other in a specially built room here on 365. A mini Baylor Bubble constantly oiled down, padded and discreet. Briles Boys Heaven. I know who the pivot man is!
We don't believe the BULL**** narrative that the BOR are feeding us Thee.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You give me a smoking gun and I will. I will NEVER buy into an accusation that has no proof.
That is obvious. You don't want to believe.

I know a number of the regents. Not well but enough to know they are top notch individuals. Enough to know they love Baylor football. Enough to know they love BU winning. More than anything though.........enough to know that they are going to make the best decisions to protect Baylor. Enough to know they will not lie though.

I've known a number of NCAA and pro head coaches and assistant coaches. I can tell you without a doubt that there are more stand up and honest business leaders who make decisions that benefit businesses and universities over coaches who are largely hired guns out to line their pockets. They have zero allegiance to schools.

There is no doubt the Baylor BOR made some mistakes. The most glaring was that they should have fired Ian first for not going his job and then Art even earlier due to the FACT that there were problems rearing their heads way before Art earned the axe.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Keyser Soze
Wow one more non-answer from Dred

When you refuse to answer others question don't stomp your feet and demand answers to questions.

PS - YOU GOT NOTHING
DioNoZeus
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Man up and admit your bias, your agenda driven, and the paychecks. You've been given examples for years by BoR members themselves, depositions, testimony under oath...none of it was good enough.

The question was asked earlier. Where do you hide until these threads when it's time to come shilling? Your is SO predictable.

The guy is active on the pay and free side in numerous threads. I'm sorry you're too preoccupied with your X/Milli/Thee fetish to notice.
xiledinok
They like to post about x and trailers. I like to post about Art and __________.

Best thing I heard all day was that Southern Miss was worried because UAB had brought back their program and was drilling USM. Maybe it's because I laugh at Sports Management Degrees but you would have thought it was time to fire the head coach with their solution at OC. "Coach, the coach at Wink has more confidence than you."
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

When you refuse to answer others question don't stomp your feet and demand answers to questions.

PS - YOU GOT NOTHING

Wow. One more dodge and duck from the Shill on the payroll. You've been given examples over and over. Do you deny quoting and using media articles and allegations and FoF that was written by the BoR for the BoR. Yet discounting and discrediting testimony under oath, depositions under oath, and examples given by actual BoR members? Do you deny a double standard? Easy question.

PS. All you have...is a reputation as a bought and paid for shill. One well earned.
rileyroo
Here is what I believe:

1) Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies.

2) BU failed some women and didn't want the facts to come out (so they opened the university pocket books and bought their silence). For that, I say shame on our University.

3) Art was not a bad man and took for the fall for many of the university failures. He is not completely blameless, but the hysteria about him was over the top.

4) BU took chances on athletes, but the same thing is done by all universities.

The saddest part of all of this is that we will probably never know the truth. The media posted outrageous statements over and over and the public bought it. We are forever labeled as the "rape" university. Where are all of the gang rapists? Why haven't they been prosecuted?

If anything good came out of this, it is that BU finally realized that they are a major university and cannot pretend to be a vacation bible school anymore. We have real problems.

It is too bad that Briles and company cannot ever tell their story without being dragged throught the mud again. I hope he gets to coach again because I believe in second chances and I truly believe that we didn't hear the whole story. I refuse to judge someone without knowing the facts in their entirety. I would want the same if I was accused of something so egregious.
Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

PS - YOU GOT NOTHING

Wow. One more dodge and duck from the Shill on the payroll. You've been given examples over and over. Do you deny quoting and using media articles and allegations and FoF that was written by the BoR for the BoR. Yet discounting and discrediting testimony under oath, depositions under oath, and examples given by actual BoR members? Do you deny a double standard? Easy question.

PS. All you have...is a reputation as a bought and paid for shill. One well earned.

You got nothing
SATXBear
Dman said:

SATXBear said:

Dman said:

SATXBear said:

Dman said:

Any good attorney will have already told the BoR about their personal exposure. All that's needed is enough information to pierce the veil.

Control of the information was IMPERATIVE to protect themselves personally. Therein lies the BIGGEST reason none of this was done through an outside independent investigation not controlled by the BOR. It's also the reason they claim PH was legal..and therefore client/attorney confidentiality applied. They have done everything exactly right..through careful legal guidance, to minimize PERSONAL exposure.

DMan writes some of the best fiction in Texas. He needs to publish his book.

If you don't think the BoR is actively do their best to control their personal liability and exposure. You're a fool and would be in the minority'. If you don't think this BoR would have been replaced had they answered to anyone but themselves..you're beyond just a everyday fool.

Now you resort to name calling...lol. Judging by the length of your posts, you are the obsessed fool. Hope you enjoy entertaining yourself.

Yawn. Sit this one out. Let the adults with actual experience with serving on BoRs at high levels handle this.

Your credibility as a professional is in question sir.
Reverend
Dman: These turkeys can't take it. Losers are losers.
Thee University
rileyroo said:

I refuse to judge someone without knowing the facts in their entirety.
Really?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
rileyroo
Yes, really.

Grizz Air
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/2/4/18210674/art-briles-baylor-interview-job
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Thee University
rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

1) Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies.

2) BU failed some women and didn't want the facts to come out (so they opened the university pocket books and bought their silence). For that, I say shame on our University.

3) Art was not a bad man and took for the fall for many of the university failures. He is not completely blameless, but the hysteria about him was over the top.

The saddest part of all of this is that we will probably never know the truth. The media posted outrageous statements over and over and the public bought it. We are forever labeled as the "rape" university. Where are all of the gang rapists? Why haven't they been prosecuted?

If anything good came out of this, it is that BU finally realized that they are a major university and cannot pretend to be a vacation bible school anymore. We have real problems.

It is too bad that Briles and company cannot ever tell their story without being dragged throught the mud again. I hope he gets to coach again because I believe in second chances and I truly believe that we didn't hear the whole story. I refuse to judge someone without knowing the facts in their entirety. I would want the same if I was accused of something so egregious.
Well congratulations poindexter. You judged without FACTS in their entirety. Thanks for telling us what you believe.

#1. Blame Ian instead of the BOR.
#2. That is a wild-@$$ed guess on your part. Who failed the women? Who bought silence?
#3. Art was a bad man for not doing his entire job and bringing in a cancerous element to his team. He built it. He drove it until it overheated, pulled to the side of the road with a strange smoke wafting out from underneath the Yugo, hopped out of the green and gold car and into the burnt orange Cadillac. Unfortunately for him the Caddy never had any intention of taking him to Austin.
#4 Great. Blame it all on the other schools. Baylor has made a few mistakes over the years but for the most part either vetted the bad apples out prior to arrival or let them go after one or two strikes.

We have a chance to shed the "rape U" image you mentioned above. We are working on it but it appears we earned a great deal of it.

My point you ask? You did a lot of judging without knowing the facts in their entirety.
SATXBear
Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

Well congratulations poindexter. You judged without FACTS in their entirety. Thanks for telling us what you believe.

#2. That is a wild-@$$ed guess on your part. Who failed the women? Who bought silence?
#3. Art was a bad man for not doing his entire job and bringing in a cancerous element to his team. He built it. He drove it until it overheated, pulled to the side of the road with a strange smoke wafting out from underneath the Yugo, hopped out of the green and gold car and into the burnt orange Cadillac. Unfortunately for him the Caddy never had any intention of taking him to Austin.
#4 Great. Blame it all on the other schools. Baylor has made a few mistakes over the years but for the most part either vetted the bad apples out prior to arrival or let them go after one or two strikes.

We have a chance to shed the "rape U" image you mentioned above. We are working on it but it appears we earned a great deal of it.

My point you ask? You did a lot of judging without knowing the facts in their entirety.

His items 1 and 2 are utter nonsenses and is something repeated frequently on this free board.

Not only is it judging, but also lunacy.
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Wrong.

Again. The hypocrisy. If Briles "allowed very bad things to happen". So did the BoR...campus wide...before Briles ever knew where Waco was on a map. But you praise your friends on the BoR regularly for doing such a great job.

Two. You have a pen!s complex. Is it because of your age, obesity, and the fact that you probably haven't seen yours in years? See...it's easy to go gutter,...it's just not called for.
I didn't think you had it in you!

You got it all wrong though. I have a complex *****.

I'll put my % of body fat up against yours any day.
YoakDaddy
SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

His items 1 and 2 are utter nonsenses and is something repeated frequently on this free board.

Not lunacy; truth. Riley's #1 and #2 are true. 1) There was a Baylor commissioned study done by Margolis-Healy in 2014 specifically outlining our T9 deficiencies and non-compliance. That's why Patty Crawford was hired. The BOFR dang sure knew. 2) There were women coming out of the shadows to report SA claims with one going as far back as 1997. You bet the checkbook was open.
Malbec
Thee University said:

You sure about that?

Quote:

Dr. Linda Livingstone in an interview at The Chronicle's offices on Monday:

"What happened will always be a part of who we are at Baylor. It will always be a part of our story. It will always be a part of what influences and informs the decisions that we make."

xiledinok
When is the thread "if you do not believe in Art" getting started?
Poor Hopson, he's going to get fired. Didn't have the smarts to run Art's interview by his administration and left them clueless.

Did Southern Mississippi pull Hopson out of some tall grass in the sticks and hire him? He has no common sense.

Ian really screwed Briles. It was probably the first time anyone associated with the robe didn't kiss his Junior Samples bumpkin butt.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

Thee University said:

You sure about that?

Quote:

Dr. Linda Livingstone in an interview at The Chronicle's offices on Monday:

"What happened will always be a part of who we are at Baylor. It will always be a part of our story. It will always be a part of what influences and informs the decisions that we make."

Unfortunately, it will take generations to forget it. All because the coach had to show up at Rice and his kids and clan tanked a season while everyone was paying attention to them.
Prairie_Bear
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

What I've got is credibility.

Eh, you sure about that? Don't conflate blue stars from your echo chamber into actual influence. You, Milli, thee, and X post WAY too much and don't realize how many times readers roll their eyes at y'all. Be adults and quit spending your day looking down at your phone for internet pillow fights, it's embarrassing.
SATXBear
YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

Not lunacy; truth. Riley's #1 and #2 are true. 1) There was a Baylor commissioned study done by Margolis-Healy in 2014 specifically outlining our T9 deficiencies and non-compliance. That's why Patty Crawford was hired. The BOFR dang sure knew. 2) There were women coming out of the shadows to report SA claims with one going as far back as 1997. You bet the checkbook was open.

And that is why Starr was fired. He refused to implement title 9 reform. PH report helped expose more problems, so people got fired. No cover up.
YoakDaddy
SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

And that is why Starr was fired. He refused to implement title 9 reform. PH report helped expose more problems, so people got fired. No cover up.

No shlt, Sherlock. Old news. To Riley's point, "Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies." that you said was false is definitely true as I noted above with the regents knowing about T9 non-compliance through the 2014 Margolis-Healy report. Compliance was not a top priority (it was a Tier2 priority according to depos) and they didn't hold Starr accountable for 2 years until they fired him. Yeah, the verbal PH presentation identified even more.
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

No shlt, Sherlock. Old news. To Riley's point, "Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies." that you said was false is definitely true as I noted above with the regents knowing about T9 non-compliance through the 2014 Margolis-Healy report. Compliance was not a top priority (it was a Tier2 priority according to depos) and they didn't hold Starr accountable for 2 years until they fired him. Yeah, the verbal PH presentation identified even more.

Margolis-Healy 2014
Hire full time T9 Patty Crawford 2014
Hired PH 2015
Presentation of findings bt PH mid May 2016
Massive Changes started end of May 2016

Agree with most of what you said, but saying they cleaned house to hide their inadequacies is where you go off the rails and join the team CAB conspiracy crowd. The clearly admitted wide spread systemic failures in May of 2016. The only thing to support such a position is the self servings statements of people that have been fired or sued Baylor.

YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

Margolis-Healy 2014
Hire full time T9 Patty Crawford 2014
Hired PH 2015
Presentation of findings bt PH mid May 2016
Massive Changes started end of May 2016

Agree with most of what you said, but saying they cleaned house to hide their inadequacies is where you go off the rails and join the team CAB conspiracy crowd. The clearly admitted wide spread systemic failures in May of 2016. The only thing to support such a position is the self servings statements of people that have been fired or sued Baylor.

I'm not saying they cleaned house because it's clear only part of the house was cleaned (athletics and Starr). I should've been more clear. Livingstone stated as much in the recent article with Jackson and Holmes still being employed. We know that 1 retired, 2 skated to "sabbatical" before they retire, and others, including the ones I've named are still there. We know our house isn't clean yet; only partially. I was responding to SATX's assertion that the bor didn't know of the non-compliances because they clearly did with the Margolis-Healy report and that's why Crawford was hired. I wasn't as clear where I should've been.
57Bear

Margolis Healy
September 2014

"Athletics Department staff with whom we spoke had received no training regarding Title IX or VAWA requirements, or their responsibilities if a student-athlete or other member of the community were to report sexual harassment/violence, dating violence or stalking to them."
Keyser Soze
Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...

Art Briles April 2011

Chuckroast
Keyser Soze said:

Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...

Art Briles April 2011

Egad - like no coach has ever privately said that before about certain minor infractions.

That means he must also tolerate sexual assaults by his players.
Keyser Soze
Not at all ...... but it does make the "we didn't know to report" line look foolish when all the excuse making is made for other things

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.