Football
Sponsored by

K Starr financially supports Oakman's defense & maintains SamU's innocence

29,355 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thee University
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

Eball, answer the question! Do you believe Baylor students should be kicked out of school for having sex and/or getting drunk?
I did answer the question, asked you one as well that you have ignored...look it has been a while since I have been a student...as far as I know BU still has a conduct policy and becasue we are a private Christian University it has some biblical standards contained therein if I am wrong please let me know. That was really what I was wanting to know to begin with. Have we changed our standards? Do we still require students to adhere to them? Do students have to sign off on same? If we have them and students decide to come here and sign off on them then why should it surprise you or any one else that if they violate them they will be subject to discipline up to and including possible expulsion?

I am not sure why it is so important for you that we acknowledge Baylor students drink and hook up just like college students everywhere of course they do but that still does not change the fact that when they do they are violating a conduct policy they said they would abide by when the came to Baylor.

I am glad we don't make our principles optional.
Stranger
Eball said:

Timbear said:

Eball, answer the question! Do you believe Baylor students should be kicked out of school for having sex and/or getting drunk?
I did answer the question, asked you one as well that you have ignored...look it has been a while since I have been a student...as far as I know BU still has a conduct policy and becasue we are a private Christian University it has some biblical standards contained therein if I am wrong please let me know. That was really what I was wanting to know to begin with. Have we changed our standards? Do we still require students to adhere to them? Do students have to sign off on same? If we have them and students decide to come here and sign off on them then why should it surprise you or any one else that if they violate them they will be subject to discipline up to and including possible expulsion?

I am not sure why it is so important for you that we acknowledge Baylor students drink and hook up just like college students everywhere of course they do but that still does not change the fact that when they do they are violating a conduct policy they said they would abide by when the came to Baylor.

I am glad we don't make our principals optional.

principles
I'm a Bearbacker
Eball
Stranger said:

Eball said:

Timbear said:

I am glad we don't make our principals optional.

principles
Dang auto correct...
Bubear2020
I actually am a student and I do think adults should hold college students more accountable to their actions. I think the attendance policy, dry campus, and tobacco free are great starts along with disciplinary action for violating those rules. I also think that if adults further along in life would step up and call students out there would not be such a big respect issue in our country and that's not just college but all the way down. Why are adults scared to correct college kids?? Not tell us we're doing bad from the sideline and judge but actively be involved in helping us become better people. College is a tough stage of life and adults could help the problem be intervening not just judging. This does not mean college students aren't responsible for their actions it does mean that we don't know everything and are still trying to figure out life on our own.
I know judging from the sidelines may be easy for you because it seems you might do it every Saturday because you hate our coach but we won't go there.
Malbec
Bubear2020 said:

I actually am a student and I do think adults should hold college students more accountable to their actions. I think the attendance policy, dry campus, and tobacco free are great starts along with disciplinary action for violating those rules. I also think that if adults further along in life would step up and call students out there would not be such a big respect issue in our country and that's not just college but all the way down. Why are adults scared to correct college kids?? Not tell us we're doing bad from the sideline and judge but actively be involved in helping us become better people. College is a tough stage of life and adults could help the problem be intervening not just judging. This does not mean college students aren't responsible for their actions it does mean that we don't know everything and are still trying to figure out life on our own.
I know judging from the sidelines may be easy for you because it seems you might do it every Saturday because you hate our coach but we won't go there.
You are preaching to the wrong congregation. You need to direct this spiel to those adults that are actually IN academia. They are the ones there to hold you accountable while you are in school. The rest of us will show you the ropes after you graduate. You can count on it.
REX
Bubear2020 said:

You have a bright future in politics!!!
Keyser Soze
Malbec said:

Bubear2020 said:

You are preaching to the wrong congregation. You need to direct this spiel to those adults that are actually IN academia. They are the ones there to hold you accountable while you are in school. The rest of us will show you the ropes after you graduate. You can count on it.

Funny, I have always felt coddled around here and that people are careful not to disagree with me as they may hurt my feelings.

xiledinok
Bubear2020 said:

Good luck getting guys like Rex to understand college and the fact the high paid employees are responsible.
They will disagree but there top dog is no longer viable anywhere actual football is played with more than 20 players on the field. They played a pr and political game and ended up getting laid out on their stomachs.
Timbear
We all know and are proud and appreciate that Baylor has biblical standards for personal conduct. The vast majority of men on this forum had premarital sex with their girlfriend while at Baylor, and many men and women Baylor grads got drunk at a frat or sorority party, even though they knew Baylor's standards. The standards are great. My question to Bubear2020 is , are you as a student prepared to report the behavior of some of your fellow students to the admin, and have them expelled? I doubt it. So, Bubear2020, Baylor has established standards which we all want. So, the best thing you can do is live up to them yourself, and not worry about somebody else.
Dman
The BIGGEST issue was the hypocrisy to which standards are applied. This BoR would not still be in authority, if they held themselves to the same standards they held others. Their failures were beyond acceptable by anyone's measurements. Yet..they survived the double standard, ALL OF THEM, because they write the rules. No other reason.

They had a choice to all hold hands in one voice and say:. "We are Baylor, there were mistakes, but not to the degree the media is hyping..they will be fixed. We will and must do better, and as a family we will address this together. We will be transparent and create the gold standard for our football program and our university at large."

This whole thing would have been over in months.

Instead: "we are Baylor, we demand TOTAL accountability for all the failures...except those we committed..and this double standard will be applied with as little transparency as poasible.".

They created a double standard, divided the university, literally fed the media narrative, and covered their own asses.

Glass houses are a *****.
Malbec
Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

Bubear2020 said:

Funny, I have always felt coddled around here and that people are careful not to disagree with me as they may hurt my feelings.

"If you pric k us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?". - Bill

Keyser Soze

"If you pric k me, do I not leak?" Data
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Bubear2020 said:

Not everyone can be a man of retirement age that bitterly trolls a college fan message board in a 4-year rage against the school that justly sent his son into the unemployment line.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

The BIGGEST issue was the hypocrisy to which standards are applied. This BoR would not still be in authority, if they held themselves to the same standards they held others. Their failures were beyond acceptable by anyone's measurements. Yet..they survived the double standard, ALL OF THEM, because they write the rules. No other reason.

They had a choice to all hold hands in one voice and say:. "We are Baylor, there were mistakes, but not to the degree the media is hyping..they will be fixed. We will and must do better, and as a family we will address this together. We will be transparent and create the gold standard for our football program and our university at large."

This whole thing would have been over in months.

Instead: "we are Baylor, we demand TOTAL accountability for all the failures...except those we committed..and this double standard will be applied with as little transparency as poasible.".

They created a double standard, divided the university, literally fed the media narrative, and covered their own asses.

Glass houses are a *****.
And yet you wouldn't give a damn about the BOR had they not justly terminated a football coach you worship.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

We all know and are proud and appreciate that Baylor has biblical standards for personal conduct. The vast majority of men on this forum had premarital sex with their girlfriend while at Baylor, and many men and women Baylor grads got drunk at a frat or sorority party, even though they knew Baylor's standards. The standards are great. My question to Bubear2020 is , are you as a student prepared to report the behavior of some of your fellow students to the admin, and have them expelled? I doubt it. So, Bubear2020, Baylor has established standards which we all want. So, the best thing you can do is live up to them yourself, and not worry about somebody else.
Translation: In Timbear's world you're either a tattletale, snitch or prude if you desire accountability and personal ethics.
REX
MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

Bubear2020 said:

Not everyone can be a man of retirement age that bitterly trolls a college fan message board in a 4-year rage against the school that justly sent his son into the unemployment line.

15 years away from retirement
My son has never been unemployed but thanks for the concern. Not sure how much his bu degree helps him!!
MilliVanilli
REX said:

MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

Bubear2020 said:

15 years away from retirement
My son has never been unemployed but thanks for the concern. Not sure how much his bu degree helps him!!
Adorable troll, here for no other reason but to be bitter that he was invested in a justly exiled staff.

His BU degree is fine, his association with the disgraced is the only thing that could mar him.
Bubear2020
Someone mentioned I have a bright future in politics and I'm about to blow that up. Oh well!
It takes a village. Everyone wants the people just directly in contact to help promote the right thing. That's not right though. Thats why kids aren't gonna behave better. We all stand around and say "their parents should've taught them better. Or we look at politicians who we know are crooked or coworkers cheating on spouses and let it go because 'somebody else will help them out'. This country was at its greatest when you were almost as afraid of your friends parents as your own. Also there's a bunch of biblical principles to working together to live in a way that honors and please God.
I'd challenge you if you see a college aged man doing something in public that is completely out of line to challenge him on it. Don't let him make advances on a female or be overly pushy or start a fight or whatever the case might be.
It's time for men in this country to step up and the boys to sit down. We have way to many 30-70 year old boys running around and not near enough men in that same age demographic. It's time to grow up and take the bull by the horns.
Bubear2020
I wouldn't turn them in if it wasn't illegal because I believe in grace but you bet your butt I wouldn't let them get off clean. I'd sit and talk with them about it and let them know why that behavior wasn't the right thing
Timbear
That's good 2020. Let me know how preaching to your fellow students about what THEY are doing wrong works out for you.
Bubear2020
There's a difference between caring connection and preaching. It works pretty good actually.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

That's good 2020. Let me know how preaching to your fellow students about what THEY are doing wrong works out for you.
Let us know how trolling a Baylor forum as a Caber is working out for your agenda.
boognish_bear
historian
Why should Baylor University treat immorality (sexual or otherwise) as acceptable in any way? Does any true Baylor alumnus or supporter really want Baylor to be just like Texas, A&M, and most other schools in the country? I thought one of the reasons we went to Baylor was because it was different. It's a place that is openly founded on Biblical principles and tries to act upon those principles. That certainly is one reason I went there.
Timbear
Nobody wants Baylor to lower it's biblical standards of morality. Keeping those standards, however, comes from within, not from signing a form. If the BOR is going to require a form to be signed, then the administration should be prepared to expel students who violate those standards. Also, all homosexuals and lesbians would need to be expelled immediately. Can you imagine the National outcry against Baylor if that happened? Well, they violate our standards, right? We've got a lot of high and mighty talk about standards which I agree with, but no one discusses tangible consequences because , even though it's sincere, it can only be talk. The form is pointless.
Redbrickbear
Timbear said:

Nobody wants Baylor to lower it's biblical standards of morality. Keeping those standards, however, comes from within, not from signing a form. If the BOR is going to require a form to be signed, then the administration should be prepared to expel students who violate those standards. Also, all homosexuals and lesbians would need to be expelled immediately. Can you imagine the National outcry against Baylor if that happened? Well, they violate our standards, right? We've got a lot of high and mighty talk about standards which I agree with, but no one discusses tangible consequences because , even though it's sincere, it can only be talk. The form is pointless.
Yep.

Baylor has homosexual students that not only engage in that activity but have had meetings with university leaders and apparently have had good talks with them about chartering a student club.

Not to mention all the Regent's little royal spawn that have engaged in underage drinking, drug use, and Heterosexual sex outside of marriage.......yet none of their kids have ever been kicked out.

The Regents seems to have a very screwed up idea of what upholding "our community standards" means.

Our leaders really are some disgusting hypocrites.
historian
I hope Baylor never allows an LGBT...XYZ club on campus. That would be foolish and disastrous. It is very important to uphold Biblical standards. It is one thing to accept the reality of homosexuals on campus and I have mixed feelings about automatic expulsion, but it is another thing entirely to openly embrace a culture of evil and perversion. If that were to happen, then Baylor should remove all references to God on the campus and in their public statements because it would be a lie. God hates all sin, including hypocrisy.

Thankfully, God also loves us sinners. That should always be the emphasis: Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead so that all might be saved. See John 3:16.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
historian said:

I hope Baylor never allows an LGBT...XYZ club on campus. That would be foolish and disastrous. It is very important to uphold Biblical standards. It is one thing to accept the reality of homosexuals on campus and I have mixed feelings about automatic expulsion, but it is another thing entirely to openly embrace a culture of evil and perversion. If that were to happen, then Baylor should remove all references to God on the campus and in their public statements because it would be a lie. God hates all sin, including hypocrisy.

Thankfully, God also loves us sinners. That should always be the emphasis: Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead so that all might be saved. See John 3:16.
With all the money Baylor claims to be raking in these days, maybe we can just construct a Sodom and Gomorrah Building.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
applemacg4
Bubear2020 said:

"The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible."
-Woodrow Wilson.

I assure you that there are people who adhere to this, even at Baylor. Probably even a majority of them. At state schools it's probably impossible to find anyone in authority who does not agree with it.

You ask why the adults aren't there to correct the behavior of college students? Because you are the subject of an experiment envisioned by a subset of adults specifically designed not to correct that behavior.
Bears2Cane
historian said:

"a culture of evil and perversion." LGBTQ youth and young adults harm themselves/commit suicide because shortsighted people like you continuously make troubling statements like this.

It seems as though historian is obsessed with what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom. God doesn't sanction your hatred of this group of people. Just love others and hate your own sin before flinging judgment at a group of young adults behind a computer screen.
historian
If I'm obsessed with anything, I hope it is with following Christ's standards.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:18-27

It is a sad truth that homosexuals are prone to suicide. I think that is probably because their conscience's are bothering them and they are too selfish and prideful to turn from their sin. It is our duty to pray for them and show them love and kindness, not hatred. The problem is that too many Christians have trouble doing this out of their own pride and selfishness. None of this relieves us of the obligation to be honest about sin. Lies do not serve any good and honorable purpose.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

historian said:

With all the money Baylor claims to be raking in these days, maybe we can just construct a Sodom and Gomorrah Building.
Is there a free buffet inside?
xiledinok
Does anyone believe the pro sports team didn't research their potential employee?

There's a narrative about one false claim while other websites documented 6 other issues. He built his reputation and wasn't good enough to overcome it.
Stutzbearcat
Bears2Canes said:

historian said:

"a culture of evil and perversion." LGBTQ youth and young adults harm themselves/commit suicide because shortsighted people like you continuously make troubling statements like this.

It seems as though historian is obsessed with what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom. God doesn't sanction your hatred of this group of people. Just love others and hate your own sin before flinging judgment at a group of young adults behind a computer screen.
You have created God in your own image,,,,
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Pretty sure God isn't wild about the idea of *gasp* FOOTBALL. Guys physically hurting each other for a game!? Not very Christian-like...right?

So let's dispense with the zealotry.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.