Football
Sponsored by

K Starr financially supports Oakman's defense & maintains SamU's innocence

29,356 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thee University
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny Bear said:

bularry said:

Johnny Bear said:

bularry said:

Johnny Bear said:

PartyBear said:

A couple of points. Starr's not doing what he was supposed to in terms of Title IX is why we had the mess in the first place with football and all the lawsuits. In short we never will know but Starr could very well have cost Baylor at least one national title run in football this decade.

Secondly what saved the Big XII 9 years ago was Texas deciding it was more profitable to stay in the Big XII. It had nothing to do with Starr. Just to show how irrelevant Starr was to that, several schools left the Big XII despite Starr's moves. His legal threats were irrelevant.

In short I'm not fond of Starr. He was ultimately a disaster for the school.
Wrong.

At a minimum, Starr's wise decision to not sign away BU's right to sue when A&M jumped to the SEC (that multiple other B12 schools in a similar situation with us were inexplicably willing to do) slowed the whole implosion that was about to happen down enough for the conference to get its act together and come up with the proper plan and incentive to keep UT and OU on board and ultimately save the B12 at that point in time. I shudder to think what might have happened if Livingstone had been our President at that time. His legal mind was far from "irrelevant" at that time and we benefitted accordingly.

I don't think this is true

Empty lawsuit threats didn't do anything
It wasn't a "lawsuit threat". It was a refusal to waive our legal rights simply because it appeared to be the PC thing to do. Stop reading Texags.

Don't be an ass. Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it true. We, BU, didn't do anything that furthered the Big12 by "refusing rights" than I did by farting.

But if it makes you feel good, keep believing a fantasy
Like I said, stop reading Texags.

I'm sure there are facts I don't know, but my info comes from Baylor attorneys
EvilTroyAndAbed
Johnny Bear said:

PartyBear said:

Did he raise that much money? Money was pouring in because his presidency coincided with a football program he inherited that was raking in money and donations, which as I mentioned his legacy is the burning down of the rain maker.
The "rain maker" got burned down not because of Starr, but because of a largely manufactured "scandal" that could've been handled vastly different by a BOR that immediately bent over and grabbed its ankles. There were all kinds of ways to deal with that situation that didn't involve burning the program to the ground and killing the goose that laid the golden egg (note how differently Tennessee, Florida State and especially Michigan State handled similar if not even worse "scandals" and none of them involved nuking their programs or anything remotely close to that). I'll give you that Starr could've done a better job with dealing with the overly expanded Title IX obligations, but I completely understand and agree with his position that everything related to that issue had become ridiculous as far as colleges being expected to be a virtual judge, jury and executioner for issues that should be dealt with exclusively through the criminal and civil justice systems (thank you President Obummer!). In any event, laying all of that or even most of it at Starr's feet is way off base.
I get it now. Johnny is not happy with the gender of our current president. Makes sense.
beerman
Didn't Starr recommend the hiring of Pepper Hamilton? Ultimately, that decision alone, if true, might be the single worst decision ever made by a modern-day college president (both financially and for the university's credibility).
Johnny Bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Johnny Bear said:

PartyBear said:

Did he raise that much money? Money was pouring in because his presidency coincided with a football program he inherited that was raking in money and donations, which as I mentioned his legacy is the burning down of the rain maker.
The "rain maker" got burned down not because of Starr, but because of a largely manufactured "scandal" that could've been handled vastly different by a BOR that immediately bent over and grabbed its ankles. There were all kinds of ways to deal with that situation that didn't involve burning the program to the ground and killing the goose that laid the golden egg (note how differently Tennessee, Florida State and especially Michigan State handled similar if not even worse "scandals" and none of them involved nuking their programs or anything remotely close to that). I'll give you that Starr could've done a better job with dealing with the overly expanded Title IX obligations, but I completely understand and agree with his position that everything related to that issue had become ridiculous as far as colleges being expected to be a virtual judge, jury and executioner for issues that should be dealt with exclusively through the criminal and civil justice systems (thank you President Obummer!). In any event, laying all of that or even most of it at Starr's feet is way off base.
I get it now. Johnny is not happy with the gender of our current president. Makes sense.
(If actually serious) What an utterly stupid post.
Robert Wilson
beerman said:

Didn't Starr recommend the hiring of Pepper Hamilton? Ultimately, that decision alone, if true, might be the single worst decision ever made by a modern-day college president (both financially and for the university's credibility).

Agree. They should've hired a defense firm. Hiring PH to run an expose to our naive and panicky BOR was a horrendous idea.
Stan Mikita
Robert Wilson said:

beerman said:

Agree. They should've hired a defense firm. Hiring PH to run an expose to our naive and panicky BOR was a horrendous idea.
I heard that God would have allowed our Baylor Board of Regents to grasp risk management concepts and apply risk management controls. God would have been ok with that. I guess someone forgot to tell the Baylor Regents, both during the fiasco and apparently dating back to years ago. Also, the PR effort was hideous.
Aliceinbubbleland
beerman said:

I don't know why he did that but I'd like to believe he did it because he thought they would do a thorough and proper investigation and let the facts fall where they may with a public report.

I will say in the weeks after the problems became public Starr did not help himself in the terrible seated interview from his living room. That was painful.
Eball
Aliceinbubbleland said:

beerman said:

I don't know why he did that but I'd like to believe he did it because he thought they would do a thorough and proper investigation and let the facts fall where they may with a public report.

I will say in the weeks after the problems became public Starr did not help himself in the terrible seated interview from his living room. That was painful.
No question or argument here that his interviews were painful...truly not sure what he was trying to accomplish. I blame it on truly not understanding where all this was actually going or how it would play out. Starr had a ton of support among alums and to some degree probably thought he could win in a war with the BOR or fight them to a draw....remember there was an ongoing power struggle that predated this mess. Among other mistakes the BOR tried to use this scandal to oust Starr which may have worked on some levels but was bad for the University and football.

It the BOR had taken a hands off approach and allowed Starr/administration to work with PH and handle things it likely would not have gotten as out of control. BOR trying to control the narrative was a mistake. Either you keep everything internal or release everything complete transparency, going part way was a disaster for everyone the BOR, Starr and all others.

Nothing about this situation was normal or usual...we all like to believe that folks in leadership were all trying to do the right things but sadly we all know that most everyone was looking out for themselves and how they would come out of the scandal.
Robert Wilson
Bubear2020
You do realize President Livingston's and her husband were division 1 athletes at school that is in our conference? I think your issue is you think she would've been pushed over as a female. Whatever your reasoning.

Also she has a great business mind and legal mind but is also smart to where she delegates issues to people whose time would be better dedicated to the issue and whose role at the university is for situations like that. She has a lot more on her plate than D1 athletics. Starr would forget that he was president of the university and not a figure head. There's a difference between those two and President Livingstone walks in a way to maintain a great balance. Case A ( President livingstone is what she is called not Linda and definitely not like Starr who wanted to be called Uncle Kenn
Aliceinbubbleland
She'll have to do something to be judged. So far I've read we've hired her and nothing more. I'm pretty sure she was hired with marching orders from the BOR to get rid of prior embarrassments but academically I'm not sure where progress has been made.

As for fundraising, we don't need any new buildings. Money could be better spent in faculty recruitment and cut down on administrative overhead.
DustyM
Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

I think people here know my position about the BOR. But Starr had a large role. Other presidents of major universities managed to implement the system. Starr should have as well. Having a law degree and being a former federal judge makes his direlection even more unconscionable.

As to stars I rarely star anyone. I sure as hell don't star myself. Is there not a way to see who makes stars?
That's a fallacy. Very few universities had fully implemented the OCR guidance prior to the Baylor "scandal." In fact, it was very difficult for institutions to even find administrators to lead these departments because there simply were hardly any with experience since the guidance didn't exist before 2011 and the number of institutions that had implemented full-time staff was miniscule. Universities were building these departments "on the fly" with people who had to try and understand the guidance as they built.
It is not a fallacy. Your second sentence states very few universities had fully implemented the OCR guidance prior to the Baylor scandal. Perhaps true. Starr however did not even make an attempt to implement anything. His dereliction was unconscionable, even if he did not have a law degree and was not a former federal judge.
I understand that you are a Clintonista, but you are just wrong. Even Keyser will tell you so. Baylor did have some level of T9 protocol in place, even if they still operated it under 1950s puritanical standards. The problem was that Baylor was just like the vast majority of colleges in America, but when the breeze met the excrement, it was Baylor that was soaking in the media hot tub. There were literally more than 100 universities under federal investigation for T9 irregularities at the time it all broke loose on Baylor, and BU was not one of those. Even if you believe that Starr had some philosophical legal differences with the OCR guidance (as many did and still do), he did no less than most every other university president in the nation, including those at state institutions with more at stake in the federal funding lottery.

While it may be true that it took a media firestorm of epic proportions for Baylor to step up its game in this part of T9 direction, they had not completely ignored it before, and were on par with the vast majority of institutions in the country. So, if you want to say that Starr was not a pacesetter when it came to toeing the line of the recent OCR guidance, that would be a fair statement. However, to suggest that somehow he was a "derelict" administrator when compared to just about every other college president and chancellor in the nation is just nonsense. It's just more piling on by those who simply never liked the guy.

Agree. Yes Baylor was behind on T9, but they certainly looked more like than dislike other Universities.

Prior to Pepper, they had other audits and recommendations. The result was the hiring of Patti Crawford as Baylor's first full time T9 coordinator in Nov 2014 (previously the job was handled by Judicial Affairs). Crawford's staff was undersized and I think she was overwhelmed by the job - but all that was a learn as go basis.

Patty Crawford was "overwhelmed", I am sure she was. OVERWHELMED by Ramsower and his minions blocking every investigation that had anything to do with sexual assault and rape. Good try spin doctor, most of us know your full of it. just like the rest of y'all that keep pushing your BS.
Keyser Soze
DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

I think people here know my position about the BOR. But Starr had a large role. Other presidents of major universities managed to implement the system. Starr should have as well. Having a law degree and being a former federal judge makes his direlection even more unconscionable.

As to stars I rarely star anyone. I sure as hell don't star myself. Is there not a way to see who makes stars?
That's a fallacy. Very few universities had fully implemented the OCR guidance prior to the Baylor "scandal." In fact, it was very difficult for institutions to even find administrators to lead these departments because there simply were hardly any with experience since the guidance didn't exist before 2011 and the number of institutions that had implemented full-time staff was miniscule. Universities were building these departments "on the fly" with people who had to try and understand the guidance as they built.
It is not a fallacy. Your second sentence states very few universities had fully implemented the OCR guidance prior to the Baylor scandal. Perhaps true. Starr however did not even make an attempt to implement anything. His dereliction was unconscionable, even if he did not have a law degree and was not a former federal judge.
I understand that you are a Clintonista, but you are just wrong. Even Keyser will tell you so. Baylor did have some level of T9 protocol in place, even if they still operated it under 1950s puritanical standards. The problem was that Baylor was just like the vast majority of colleges in America, but when the breeze met the excrement, it was Baylor that was soaking in the media hot tub. There were literally more than 100 universities under federal investigation for T9 irregularities at the time it all broke loose on Baylor, and BU was not one of those. Even if you believe that Starr had some philosophical legal differences with the OCR guidance (as many did and still do), he did no less than most every other university president in the nation, including those at state institutions with more at stake in the federal funding lottery.

While it may be true that it took a media firestorm of epic proportions for Baylor to step up its game in this part of T9 direction, they had not completely ignored it before, and were on par with the vast majority of institutions in the country. So, if you want to say that Starr was not a pacesetter when it came to toeing the line of the recent OCR guidance, that would be a fair statement. However, to suggest that somehow he was a "derelict" administrator when compared to just about every other college president and chancellor in the nation is just nonsense. It's just more piling on by those who simply never liked the guy.

Agree. Yes Baylor was behind on T9, but they certainly looked more like than dislike other Universities.

Prior to Pepper, they had other audits and recommendations. The result was the hiring of Patti Crawford as Baylor's first full time T9 coordinator in Nov 2014 (previously the job was handled by Judicial Affairs). Crawford's staff was undersized and I think she was overwhelmed by the job - but all that was a learn as go basis.

Patty Crawford was "overwhelmed", I am sure she was. OVERWHELMED by Ramsower and his minions blocking every investigation that had anything to do with sexual assault and rape. Good try spin doctor, most of us know your full of it. just like the rest of y'all that keep pushing your BS.

BS like Art didn't report stuff to Judicial Affairs? or there were 17 Baylor Co-Eds that made allegations against 19 football players? Or that assistant coaches were sent out to meet a victims mom?

Also, if you are going to counter a point I make, don't blatantly make **** up. Ramsower is a creep - you can point out the stuff he actually did if making him look bad is you goal.

Osodecentx
boognish_bear said:

Several quotes from Starr in here about both cases

Starr helped raise money for Oakman's legal defense

By TOMMY WITHERSPOON

Ken Starr, who was fired as Baylor University president after presiding over what investigators called a "fundamental failure" in the way the school handled sexual assault allegations, raised money to help former Baylor football player Shawn Oakman fight a rape charge.

Throughout his career, Starr has served as a federal appellate judge, a special prosecutor, a U.S. solicitor general, a defense attorney, a clerk for a chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, a law school dean and president and chancellor of Baylor University.

Starr's extensive experience has allowed him to view the criminal justice system from multiple vantage points. His stint as a dogged special counsel led to the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton, and his two years clerking for former Chief Justice Warren E. Burger opened Starr's eyes to flaws in the system and the potentials for wrongful convictions, he said.

"I believe fervently in the right of all defendants to have a fair trial," Starr said. "In our country's system of justice, far too many innocent individuals are wrongly convicted of crimes they did not commit."

Starr said he and his wife, Alice, played host to a gathering at their home to raise money for Oakman's legal defense fund. Starr said he could not remember the date of the gathering, but said it was before Oakman's first two attorneys withdrew and he was given two court-appointed attorneys, a court-appointed investigator and access to county funds to pay for consultants and expert witnesses.

Starr declined to say who attended the event, only that it involved a "goodly number of concerned friends." He also declined to say how much money it raised for Oakman's defense. He did, however, say the money was not used to pay Alan Bennett or Jessi Freud, Oakman's court-appointed attorneys.

A jury in Waco's 19th State District Court acquitted Oakman last month of sexually assaulting a Baylor graduate student with whom he had a previous sexual relationship. The woman, who said her memory was "spotty" because she was drunk, testified Oakman raped her in April 2016 at his off-campus duplex after a night of drinking at two Waco bars.

Related
Oakman, who transferred to Baylor from Penn State University, ended his career as Baylor's all-time sack leader and was considered a sure NFL draft pick before his arrest. He is the third defensive end from Baylor to be tried for sexually assaulting fellow Baylor students.

Tevin Elliott is serving 20 years in prison after four women said he sexually assaulted them. Sam Ukwuachu also was convicted of sexual assault and placed on probation by a 54th State District Court jury. His conviction was overturned by Waco's 10th Court of Appeals, but that reversal later was overturned by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

The high court ruled the 10th Court was wrong in overturning Ukwuachu's conviction and returned it to the 10th Court to consider two other points of appeal that the Waco intermediate appellate court did not consider. His appeal is pending.

Ukwuachu's trial focused a glaring spotlight on Baylor's shortcomings in dealing with sexual assault and Title IX-related accusations, led to the ouster of Starr and football coach Art Briles, the resignation of athletics director Ian McCaw and sparked an NCAA investigation.

Starr said he decided to help raise money for Oakman's defense after one of Oakman's first attorneys, Michelle Tuegel, told Starr that Oakman's family didn't have the money to "retain much-needed experts to help Shawn prove his innocence."

Also, donors wanted to help Oakman because of a "widely shared belief that Sam Ukwuachu did not mount an adequate defense," Starr said. When asked who shared that belief, Starr said, "lots of people, especially lawyers."

"We responded to this compelling need because our community had done little or nothing to assist or support Sam Ukwuachu, who many of us felt had been wrongly convicted," Starr said. "I did not want another injustice to be done. Alice and I therefore hosted a gathering at our home where a volunteer lawyer reviewed the records in Sam's case, especially cellphone records, which fully corroborated Sam's explanation that he was entirely innocent of the serious charges brought against him. Our financial support in Shawn's case was limited to retaining those much-needed experts who could help prove Shawn's innocence, not compensating the defense lawyers."

Neither Starr nor Bennett would divulge the name of the attorney who attended the fundraiser. Bennett was appointed to represent Oakman after Tuegel and Russ Hunt withdrew because they had not been paid. Bennett said that after he was appointed, the attorney who was at Starr's home sent him the funds that had been raised and he deposited them in his office trust account.

Paying experts

The funds were used to pay an investigator, two expert witnesses and another consulting expert who did not testify, Bennett said. He and Freud were paid by the county as court-appointed attorneys. Bennett presented time forms to the county Friday that would pay him $17,240 for 200 hours of out-of-court preparation time at $75 an hour and 28 hours of in-court time at $80 an hour, pending approval by Judge Ralph Strother.

Freud said Tuesday she has not turned in her time forms but that she spent fewer hours on the case because she was appointed after Bennett.

"Shawn is deeply grateful to those who generously donated their time and resources, significantly contributing to his ability to prove his innocence," Bennett said. "Though it is theoretically true that an accused person bears no burden at trial and enjoys the presumption of innocence, the reality is otherwise. Very few accused persons who rest on the presumption alone are acquitted, even though the courts instruct jurors that this is a sufficient basis for acquittal.

"Because of the generosity of those who contributed, we were able to go above and beyond the norm, offer affirmative evidence of innocence, and secure an acquittal. Sadly, Shawn's case also demonstrates the continuing gap between indigent accused persons and those with resources available to vigorously contest the allegations against them. It raises the question of whether there truly is equal justice under the law for indigent accused persons. This is an ongoing concern that needs to be meaningfully addressed by the Texas Legislature," Bennett said.

Starr, who said he has not met Ukwuachu, intervened on Elliott's behalf, allowing him back in school in 2011 by helping lift an academic misconduct suspension, The Wall Street Journal reported in 2016. Three sexual assault allegations against Elliott came after he was reinstated at Baylor.

Starr acknowledged that he stood up for Elliott to get him back in school, but declined to discuss his reasons, saying the topic is the possible subject of the NCAA investigation.

"I collaborated closely with Ian McCaw on all issues affecting the welfare and future of Baylor student-athletes," Starr said.

McLennan County District Attorney Barry Johnson said he agrees with Starr that all defendants have a right to a fair trial and said he has no problem with Starr's fundraising efforts. He declined comment when asked why he thinks Starr sided with Oakman and Ukwuachu over their accusers, who also were Baylor students.

"If he is saying our victims were not worthy of belief, I do disagree with that completely," Johnson said. "It was my decision to go forward with the (Oakman) case, and I would have instructed the lawyers not to go forward with the case if they were frivolous charges or charges that should not be pursued. In my opinion, it should have been pursued. The evidence we had was such that I told the lawyers to proceed to trial, and the 12 jurors heard both sides of it and made the decision for a not-guilty on behalf of the defendant. I do take exception to anybody saying we went to trial on false charges or frivolous charges, because that is just incorrect."

Prosecutors offered Oakman deferred probation in exchange for a guilty plea several months before the trial. Oakman turned it down, saying he wanted his day in court to prove his innocence.
Good for Ken. 12 good and true citizens said not guilty

Shouldn't we be happy that the system worked?
Osodecentx
Keyser Soze said:

BS like Art didn't report stuff to Judicial Affairs? or there were 17 Baylor Co-Eds that made allegations against 19 football players? Or that assistant coaches were sent out to meet a victims mom?

Also, if you are going to counter a point I make, don't blatantly make **** up. Ramsower is a creep - you can point out the stuff he actually did if making him look bad is you goal.

I don't know.

Release the documents and settle the question.
DustyM
Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Also, if you are going to counter a point I make, don't blatantly make **** up. Ramsower is a creep - you can point out the stuff he actually did if making him look bad is you

Mr. Spin Doctor, you and I had this discussion more than two years ago. At that time I told you that JA, SA, Baylor PD and Ramsower were all covering up everything including RAPE and sexual assaults.

Back at that time, you told me I was wrong and misreading the entire situation. Now that lawsuits have been filed naming Ramsower and his underlings as the ones covering up those crimes, how can you spin it. How can you blame it on Patty Crawford or anyone associated with the football staff. Depositions, swore testimony, lawsuits, and your still trying to spin it.

Here you are implying that Art Briles covered up rape by not reporting it to Judicial Affairs. Baylor's attorneys have already covered that, maybe you should accept that. By the way, It has already come out that the administration, including Judicial Affairs was not informing the football staff, nice try, shameful on your part, but nice try anyway.

As for Ramsower, he was following orders of the BOR. There is no need for me to make Ramsower look like a creep. Everyone that every attended Baylor knows what and who he is. They know what he and the BOR did. What bothers me is why you keep trying to spin it. I don't have to make anything up, its all there for everyone to see.

My only question is why you would sell your soul, honor or integrity while continuing to push this narrative. You doing this is shameful, just plain shameful. It is a total dishonor to the victims of the Baylor scandal. What is worse your still pushing the FOOTBALL players only. Seriously, there has been testimony and depositions stating that Baylor students, graduate assistants, faculty, and even a few administrators were all involved in praying on the coeds.

Your shameful spin doctor, just shameful.
Keyser Soze
DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Also, if you are going to counter a point I make, don't blatantly make **** up. Ramsower is a creep - you can point out the stuff he actually did if making him look bad is you

Mr. Spin Doctor, you and I had this discussion more than two years ago. At that time I told you that JA, SA, Baylor PD and Ramsower were all covering up everything including RAPE and sexual assaults. And you are still wrong

Back at that time, you told me I was wrong and misreading the entire situation. Now that lawsuits have been filed naming Ramsower and his underlings as the ones covering up those crimes, how can you spin it. How can you blame it on Patty Crawford or anyone associated with the football staff. Depositions, swore testimony, lawsuits, and your still trying to spin it. You should actually read those lawsuits

Here you are implying that Art Briles covered up rape by not reporting it to Judicial Affairs. Wow, talk about jamming words in my mouth for things I did not say. Baylor's attorneys have already covered that, maybe you should accept that. No one who DIRECTLY reported to Briles was turned away - check - you should read that closely By the way, It has already come out that the administration, including Judicial Affairs was not informing the football staff Of What? nice try, shameful on your part, but nice try anyway.

As for Ramsower, he was following orders of the BOR. There is no need for me to make Ramsower look like a creep. Everyone that every attended Baylor knows what and who he is. They know what he and the BOR did. I generally get crickets when I ask for specifics on this. What bothers me is why you keep trying to spin it. I don't have to make anything up yet you just did, its all there for everyone to see.

My only question is why you would sell your soul, honor or integrity like those who called alleged victims money grubbing *****s ? Why didn't you call them out? while continuing to push this narrative. You doing this is shameful, just plain shameful. It is a total dishonor to the victims of the Baylor scandal. What is worse your still pushing the FOOTBALL players only Just no. What a blatant lie. You clearly are paying very little attention to what I have said. Seriously, there has been testimony and depositions stating that Baylor students, graduate assistants, faculty, and even a few administrators were all involved in praying on the coeds. Again, No one has ever said it is just football.

^bold

The funniest part of all this is that you save your big (and largely inaccurate) Keyser call out for a post for a reply in which I agree with Malbec.

Let me be very clear - no one, admin or football, covered up rape.

DustyM
Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Mr. Spin Doctor, you and I had this discussion more than two years ago. At that time I told you that JA, SA, Baylor PD and Ramsower were all covering up everything including RAPE and sexual assaults. And you are still wrong

Back at that time, you told me I was wrong and misreading the entire situation. Now that lawsuits have been filed naming Ramsower and his underlings as the ones covering up those crimes, how can you spin it. How can you blame it on Patty Crawford or anyone associated with the football staff. Depositions, swore testimony, lawsuits, and your still trying to spin it. You should actually read those lawsuits

Here you are implying that Art Briles covered up rape by not reporting it to Judicial Affairs. Wow, talk about jamming words in my mouth for things I did not say. Baylor's attorneys have already covered that, maybe you should accept that. No one who DIRECTLY reported to Briles was turned away - check - you should read that closely By the way, It has already come out that the administration, including Judicial Affairs was not informing the football staff Of What? nice try, shameful on your part, but nice try anyway.

As for Ramsower, he was following orders of the BOR. There is no need for me to make Ramsower look like a creep. Everyone that every attended Baylor knows what and who he is. They know what he and the BOR did. I generally get crickets when I ask for specifics on this. What bothers me is why you keep trying to spin it. I don't have to make anything up yet you just did, its all there for everyone to see.

My only question is why you would sell your soul, honor or integrity like those who called alleged victims money grubbing *****s ? Why didn't you call them out? while continuing to push this narrative. You doing this is shameful, just plain shameful. It is a total dishonor to the victims of the Baylor scandal. What is worse your still pushing the FOOTBALL players only Just no. What a blatant lie. You clearly are paying very little attention to what I have said. Seriously, there has been testimony and depositions stating that Baylor students, graduate assistants, faculty, and even a few administrators were all involved in praying on the coeds. Again, No one has ever said it is just football.

^bold

The funniest part of all this is that you save your big (and largely inaccurate) Keyser call out for a post for a reply in which I agree with Malbec.

BS, at least you got one part is right. Football didn't cover up rape. But, your beloved and beholden admin had been doing it for 20 plus years. If admin had not been doing it, why is Baylor getting sued.

I responded to your post because you stated that Crawford was overwhelmed. Once again part of your implied crap.

Crawford has gone on record, including suing Baylor, because Ramsower was blocking all of sexual assault cases. But I guess Ramsower isn't part of the administration.

Shameful, you have sold your soul for a dollar. YOU sir, should be ashamed of yourself. SHAMEFUL.
Keyser Soze
DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

^bold

BS, at least you got one part is right. Football didn't cover up rape. But, your beloved and beholden admin had been doing it for 20 plus years. If admin had not been doing it, why is Baylor getting sued.

I responded to your post because you stated that Crawford was overwhelmed. Once again part of your implied crap.

Crawford has gone on record, including suing Baylor, because Ramsower was blocking all of sexual assault cases. But I guess Ramsower isn't part of the administration.

Shameful, you have sold your soul for a dollar. YOU sir, should be ashamed of yourself. SHAMEFUL.

Baylor has strongly denied much of what Crawford said.

https://www.baylor.edu/thefacts/doc.php/275685.pdf

Title IX investigator Lyons said they impeded her investigations. Do you know the specific behind that claim? She said they required her to have an escort when interviewing football players for her safety. That was the big interference.

Sold soul for a dollar? *** are you talking about - I have zero financial interest to anyone or any organization even remotely tangent to this mess.

Redbrickbear
Robert Wilson said:

beerman said:

The BOR emotional based decisions will haunt us for a long time.

They interfere in campus matters when they want.....then if they things go bad they blame underlings and claim that they don't have responsibility.

They really are the worst type of corporate/country club social climbers.
Osodecentx
Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

^bold

Title IX investigator Lyons said they impeded her investigations. Do you know the specific behind that claim? She said they required her to have an escort when interviewing football players for her safety. That was the big interference.

Sold soul for a dollar? *** are you talking about - I have zero financial interest to anyone or any organization even remotely tangent to this mess.

Release the documents. I hope the cases go to trial.
Keyser Soze
Osodecentx said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

^bold

Release the documents. I hope the cases go to trial.
That would interest me too
Malbec
Quote:

No ****? Why are their denials more credible than others'?
Keyser Soze
Malbec said:

Quote:

No ****? Why are their denials more credible than others'?

In regards to testimony versus testimony (ie Ramsower vs Crawford) nothing.

Many of Crawford's complains were that she was not supported. Those are somewhat refuted by a steady stream of salary, staff, and budget increases which are very tangible. Do you think that fabricated? Many would know if it was - very hard to pull that off.

Do you know if her deposition ever was released? That would be most interesting reading.

xiledinok
Keyser, these guys consider you a threat. Congrats, they are the 98 pound mental weaklings.
Keep the facts straight.

Clearly, there's a few guys who never went to Baylor or live in a bubble.
PacificBear
beerman said:

Starr hired PH to expose the BOR and protect the football program. BOR won.
DustyM
Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

^bold

And we are supposed to believe what came out of Baylor, especially regarding anything to do with this disaster. REALLY.

Spin in Doc, next we know, you'll be standing behind a table spinning a record back and forth with a headset on, dancing to the jive. SPIN IT DOC, go for it.
Keyser Soze
DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

DustyM said:

Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

^bold

And we are supposed to believe what came out of Baylor, especially regarding anything to do with this disaster. REALLY.

Spin in Doc, next we know, you'll be standing behind a table spinning a record back and forth with a headset on, dancing to the jive. SPIN IT DOC, go for it.

Stop whining like a little kid. If what Baylor has out there is incorrect give us the information that proves it. I don't think you can, and I certainly don't think you will.

Or, if if you have nothing, are kinda lazy, and simply believe the self serving rumors of former employees ..... feel free to just insult me.

Bubear2020
If you would read the whole give light campaign you would read that everything you just said is included on top of the improvements that are NEEDED to some on campus buildings.
Robert Wilson
Redbrickbear said:

Robert Wilson said:

beerman said:

The BOR emotional based decisions will haunt us for a long time.

They interfere in campus matters when they want.....then if they things go bad they blame underlings and claim that they don't have responsibility.

They really are the worst type of corporate/country club social climbers.
Agree. From where I sit, this has appeared to be spot on for quite some time.
MaduroUTMB
PartyBear said:

A couple of points. Starr's not doing what he was supposed to in terms of Title IX is why we had the mess in the first place with football and all the lawsuits. In short we never will know but Starr could very well have cost Baylor at least one national title run in football this decade.

Secondly what saved the Big XII 9 years ago was Texas deciding it was more profitable to stay in the Big XII. It had nothing to do with Starr. Just to show how irrelevant Starr was to that, several schools left the Big XII despite Starr's moves. His legal threats were irrelevant.

I don't think that Starr's VERY loose interpretation of the T IX DCL helped Baylor at all, but the problems with Baylor PD and JA were a lot deeper and older than Ken Starr.

Baylor's Student Code of Conduct and unconditional enforcement of the prohibition against drinking and drug use put them into a fundamental conflict of interest when it came to enforcing or even taking reports of sexual assault. Girls at Baylor knew that, and correctly guessed that the risk of being punished for drinking/drug use and having their complaint ignored outweighed the likelihood of Baylor PD or JA catching a rapist. Effectively, Baylor's policy was that "If you can get a drink or some weed into her, you can have your way with her unless we actually catch you in flagrante delicto."

That policy predated Starr by decades, and his failure to axe the folks responsible or just leave whenever it becamse apparent that the Regents liked it that way is the real mark of shame against him. Of course, Livingstone hasn't been able to pull those weeds either, which reinforces my belief that the roots go VERY deep.
Eball
MaduroUTMB said:

PartyBear said:

I don't think that Starr's VERY loose interpretation of the T IX DCL helped Baylor at all, but the problems with Baylor PD and JA were a lot deeper and older than Ken Starr.

Baylor's Student Code of Conduct and unconditional enforcement of the prohibition against drinking and drug use put them into a fundamental conflict of interest when it came to enforcing or even taking reports of sexual assault. Girls at Baylor knew that, and correctly guessed that the risk of being punished for drinking/drug use and having their complaint ignored outweighed the likelihood of Baylor PD or JA catching a rapist. Effectively, Baylor's policy was that "If you can get a drink or some weed into her, you can have your way with her unless we actually catch you in flagrante delicto."

That policy predated Starr by decades, and his failure to axe the folks responsible or just leave whenever it becamse apparent that the Regents liked it that way is the real mark of shame against him. Of course, Livingstone hasn't been able to pull those weeds either, which reinforces my belief that the roots go VERY deep.
so let me just make sure I understand...having morals and a standard of conduct are weeds in need of pulling? I am not trying to pick a fight just understand what you are saying?
Keyser Soze
You were doing really good until you threw out that "liked it that way". A ridiculous statement. They were clueless which is significant.

That aside, part of the reforms was full amnesty for any such conduct code violations for both victims and witnesses.
MaduroUTMB
Keyser Soze said:

You were doing really good until you threw out that "liked it that way". A ridiculous statement. They were clueless which is significant.

That aside, part of the reforms was full amnesty for any such conduct code violations for both victims and witnesses

How many decades of cluelessness do they get a mulligan on before it becomes willful? 2?
57Bear
Keyser Soze said:

... They were clueless which is significant. ...
Can you give us information that proves that they were clueless?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.