Football
Sponsored by

Latest from Mac Engel on Briles

16,857 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jumpinjoe
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TL; DR

I didn't believe anything that jackass wrote in May 2016, and I don't believe anything he writes today. The worthless POS.
BUbearinARK
DanaDane said:

TL; DR

I didn't believe anything that jackass wrote in May 2016, and I don't believe anything he writes today. The worthless POS.
Dilly, dilly.

Engel is a toad.
Beardog0075
Engel will say or do anything to keep the story alive!
57Bear

... We have to at least say that former Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman, who had been accused of sexual assault a few months after he graduated from BU in April 2016, was found not guilty by a jury in 2019. While I would never have recruited Oakman when he transferred from Penn State because he was covered in red flags, it does not mean he is guilty of rape. ...

Larry Johnson, one of the holdovers from Paterno's staff, reached out to Baylor assistant head coach Brian Norwood, who coached defensive backs at Penn State from 2001-07.
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/07/02/life-after-penn-state-for-shawn-oakman/

Does that qualify as "recruited"?

Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

What I think is hilarious is how many of the 365 Bubble Club thought Engel was the antichrist for a couple of years. Now that Engel is changing his tune he is all of the sudden a great sportswriter????

The damage was done. His repair job is a band aid on a gaping ax wound.

Nobody is saying he's a great sportswriter. Do you even know how to read? Engel has never changed his mind as to whether or not Briles should be fired. No band-aid is needed. He actually unpacked the entirety of the scandal and talked to folks from all angles and came to the same conclusion; whereas, in his piece, he's admonishing his peers for their lack of doing the same.
The bigger question is do you understand English? Surely you are not enough of a blithering idiot that you took anything I type on here as literal?!?!?! Wait, if it fits your pitiful stance then yes you do. Good grief!

Great sportswriter. Even my dog knows what I was saying.

The concerns and damage is not that Briles deserved to be fired and indeed literally fired himself. You guys started forming your patented circle jerk once Engel started showing a shred of painting your sad sack savior as sort of innocent or sort of a potential scapegoat.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
witchmo said:

Thee University said:

What I think is hilarious is how many of the 365 Bubble Club thought Engel was the antichrist for a couple of years. Now that Engel is changing his tune he is all of the sudden a great sportswriter????

Thee, there isn't any way to close this wound...it'll take a ton of grafting in multiple procedures and then it will have to heal from the inside out.
Witch, I hear you and agree with your wound assessment.

I'll be last to heal as I am firmly planted on the outside. Outside is where I belong and where I have purposely placed myself. If I am proven wrong concerning my assessment and stance here on 365 and BFs I will profusely apologize to everyone I have offended or ruffled green & gold feathers and then disappear from everything Baylor forever.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Michibear
DanaDane said:

TL; DR

Engel helped light the match that burned down our house. He doesn't get to say, "Oops. We all screwed up." Mac can go toast himself.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Nobody is saying he's a great sportswriter. Do you even know how to read? Engel has never changed his mind as to whether or not Briles should be fired. No band-aid is needed. He actually unpacked the entirety of the scandal and talked to folks from all angles and came to the same conclusion; whereas, in his piece, he's admonishing his peers for their lack of doing the same.
The bigger question is do you understand English? Surely you are not enough of a blithering idiot that you took anything I type on here as literal?!?!?! Wait, if it fits your pitiful stance then yes you do. Good grief!

Great sportswriter. Even my dog knows what I was saying.

The concerns and damage is not that Briles deserved to be fired and indeed literally fired himself. You guys started forming your patented circle jerk once Engel started showing a shred of painting your sad sack savior as sort of innocent or sort of a potential scapegoat.

I'm shocked you received a degree from BU seeing as how you evidently can't comprehend what you're reading. That CTE must be a bltch as you age. Nobody said he was a great sportswriter or was changing his tune.
drahthaar
Michibear said:

DanaDane said:

TL; DR

Engel helped light the match that burned down our house. He doesn't get to say, "Oops. We all screwed up." Mac can go toast himself.

He not only lit a match, he provided lighter fluid. Now he thinks he's going to bring a fire extinguisher?
historian
More like a water pistol to fight the Chicago fire (or Hindenburg or whatever metaphor you prefer).
TexasScientist
At least something closer to the truth is beginning to be published.
Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

I'm shocked you received a degree from BU seeing as how you evidently can't comprehend what you're reading. That CTE must be a bltch as you age. Nobody said he was a great sportswriter or was changing his tune.
You're shocked? I'm shocked.

Being a sad CABer I did not expect you to understand anything that even suggests your worship toy might have screwed up. Engel played a large number of you Bubble Brigade Boys. He continues to do so even today.

You are like a tiny, featherless bird in the Baylor nest. You and your kind strain your necks skyward waiting for your mama to drop a worm into your mockingbird mouths. In your haste to gobble up all of the supposedly positives you sometimes swallow a turd or two. No matter. You smack your beaks and keep swallowing it down.

What degree taught you this type of mindless, robotic behavior?

Hero worship.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Being a sad CABer I did not expect you to understand anything that even suggests your worship toy might have screwed up. Engel played a large number of you Bubble Brigade Boys. He continues to do so even today.

You are like a tiny, featherless bird in the Baylor nest. You and your kind strain your necks skyward waiting for your mama to drop a worm into your mockingbird mouths. In your haste to gobble up all of the supposedly positives you sometimes swallow a turd or two. No matter. You smack your beaks and keep swallowing it down.

Hero worship.

The thread is about Engel's piece. Your obsession with Briles continues. Those years of getting beat by UH must have really stung. Adios mofo.
Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Hero worship.

The thread is about Engel's piece. Your obsession with Briles continues. Those years of getting beat by UH must have really stung. Adios mofo.
Says who?

This thread leads to a variety of pathways that we each are free to go down. You can't control it so you cry like a good CABer has been doing for 3+ years now.

Step out of the Bubble. Embrace reality. Embrace Engel. Embrace English comprehension. You will thank me one day!

UH? I seem to recall a little WR they had that couldn't quite crack the starting lineup and became a Raider. What was his name?
xiledinok
They love embracing embarrassing ego driven, strange, odd acting, double talking, arrogant, hard headed, acts black but is white, hip-hopping, childish, dishonest and pure ghetto.
They love the Eminem of football coaches. I think his hood name is Junior Samples.
Doc Holliday
Xil and Thee:

Are you guys aware of a smoking gun as a pure 100% undeniable fact that nobody else is aware of?
Forest Bueller
Doc Holliday said:

Xil and Thee:

Are you guys aware of a smoking gun as a pure 100% undeniable fact that nobody else is aware of?
Thee has already stated this is pure entertainment for him, I think he just likes f'ing with people to rile them up.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

Xil and Thee:

Thee has already stated this is pure entertainment for him, I think he just likes f'ing with people to rile them up.
I would hope discussing sexual assault isn't on his "for fun" list.
Forest Bueller
BarleyMcDougal said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

Xil and Thee:

In fairness, I don't see Thee joking about sexual assault on here.
Media Bear
BUGWBBear said:

Speaking of peenesless, liberal journalist dikheds...has Dale Hansen railed on Mt. Pleasant yet?
It was Mount Vernon that hired Briles. Mount Pleasant is another 10-12 miles down I-30 ...

oldbear69
Mac the Knife..."ace reporter"

No Collusion... No Obstruction...
Thee University
BarleyMcDougal said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

Xil and Thee:

I have not discussed sexual assault.
Oldbear83
Nothing changed.

People believe pretty much they did right after this all blew up.

And Mac Engel is a much a self-serving hypocrite today as he has always been.

Let's agree to not dig up the body, move on, wish Coach Rhule all success and cheer the team.

We don't need any necrophilia, which is the dominant stench I sense in this thread.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
57Bear
Oldbear83 said:

We don't need any necrophilia, which is the dominant stench I sense in this thread.
There can be merit to digging up corpses. Some are just seeking truth and transparency.

Wrongfully Convicted Men Awarded $101M
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wrongfully-convicted-men-awarded-101m/
BaylorRocks
Someone share this story with that disingenuous leech Brenda Tracy.
Oldbear83
zunooreo said:

Why would you want anyone to expose themselves to that contagion?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RegentCoverup
A lot of college campuses have given in to the game of political indoctrination, meaning forget teaching young people to think, but force feed them the dogma of the political Left without giving them the ability to question.

I've got no problem with Brenda speaking on campuses, but in the interest of fairness, she should be paired beside the wrongfully accused and convicted who had their lives ruined by a false accusation. Also defense attorneys that deal with these issues should have a voice as well. College campuses need a due process revolution, not a plaintiffs PR event.

Brenda's 15 minutes are up. If she's mentioning Baylor she's purely trolling.
historian
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

A lot of college campuses have given in to the game of political indoctrination, meaning forget teaching young people to think, but force feed them the dogma of the political Left without giving them the ability to question.

I hope Baylor never becomes one of those "institutions of higher education" no longer interested in education.
YoakDaddy
historian said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I hope Baylor never becomes one of those "institutions of higher education" no longer interested in education.

BU is already there....see the "prayer" that occurred at graduation 2 weeks ago.
BaylorRocks
Oldbear83 said:

zunooreo said:

BT actually follows Mac (Jenny Dial Creech, and others) on Twitter, FB, social media. I've witnessed her freely and very timely retweet and supportively pile in on derogatory tweets about CAB before. "When it fits her narrative". And her attacks now on the people in Mt Vernon that she's never met, or frankly even heard of before, is as telling and pathetic as it gets. Now take posts/tweets/stories like this one from Mac - and she is strangely quiet and invisible. Guess it doesn't "fit her narrative". Well, not guess - know. Just speaking facts. Go look for yourself. @brendatracy24

To be clear, I'm not a "robe kisser", "CABer", or any other label you lazy posers on this free blog site want to place on me. I was / and still am ok with the CAB release from Baylor. I just thought the whole thing became too much of an unjustified personal witch hunt (and still sadly is to this day) to only enrich media networks, sports personalities, and narcissists like BT -- who have no interest in journalism or truth. Only personal gain. Shame on them, not Art Briles.
Oso Pardo
I was just about to say the exact same thing. Unfortunately it's almost a crime these days to be a heterosexual male with traditional principles, no matter what race you belong to.
RegentCoverup
zunooreo said:

Oldbear83 said:

zunooreo said:

BT actually follows Mac (Jenny Dial Creech, and others) on Twitter, FB, social media. I've witnessed her freely and very timely retweet and supportively pile in on derogatory tweets about CAB before. "When it fits her narrative". And her attacks now on the people in Mt Vernon that she's never met, or frankly even heard of before, is as telling and pathetic as it gets. Now take posts/tweets/stories like this one from Mac - and she is strangely quiet and invisible. Guess it doesn't "fit her narrative". Well, not guess - know. Just speaking facts. Go look for yourself. @brendatracy24

On her 'not for profit' foundation website, her first listed board member is a Left politically-affiliated attorney that specializes in tort cases for persons in rape cases. Pure profit, baby. Not a victims advocate. Not a social worker. Not a health professional or someone that helps the poor, but an attorney looking for clients.

She's out fishing for victims she can exploit for financial reward.

Any campus dumb enough to let this troll on their property deserves what they get.

https://www.settheexpectation.com/board
Redbrickbear
zunooreo said:

To be clear, I'm not a "robe kisser", "CABer", or any other label you lazy posers on this free blog site want to place on me. I was / and still am ok with the CAB release from Baylor. I just thought the whole thing became too much of an unjustified personal witch hunt (and still sadly is to this day) to only enrich media networks, sports personalities, and narcissists like BT -- who have no interest in journalism or truth. Only personal gain. Shame on them, not Art Briles.
100% agree
TexasScientist
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

zunooreo said:

Oldbear83 said:

zunooreo said:

On her 'not for profit' foundation website, her first listed board member is a Left politically-affiliated attorney that specializes in tort cases for persons in rape cases. Pure profit, baby. Not a victims advocate. Not a social worker. Not a health professional or someone that helps the poor, but an attorney looking for clients.

She's out fishing for victims she can exploit for financial reward.

Any campus dumb enough to let this troll on their property deserves what they get.

https://www.settheexpectation.com/board
She probably gets 1/6th or 1/3rd of the total contingency fee for her referrals.
xiledinok
Question Mt. Vernon? Why would anyone question their judgment? The Boss Hogg in town told them who was going to be their coach! He ponied up his power and now Mt. Vernon is the general public's whipping boy. Click, click, click...

Art makes the media companies money. Why do you think OTL ran a whole season on our story and the owner of the CFP had a book written to add credibility to their reporting? Art wasn't remorseful and the public wants him punished. He was the guy who tried to backdoor himself into the CFP. The path of least resistance playing the Lamars for bridges and Rice types while avoiding playing a real tough non conference made him a public target.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.