Football
Sponsored by

Swagger.

9,473 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Robert Wilson
NeuroticBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

We don't need no Mall Fights and a coach that looks like he spent a night raping and pillaging with Wild Turkey and other low class fellows at the homeless tent city.
English. Do you speak it?
xiledinok
NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

We don't need no Mall Fights and a coach that looks like he spent a night raping and pillaging with Wild Turkey and other low class fellows at the homeless tent city.

Welcome to the board Caber sock. What's it like to root for liars and men who spread weak propaganda?
What game do you and your sweat hog plan to attend at the little East Texas hamlet?
Your hero looks like a mentally beaten down homeless man who lives in a tent city. At this rate, suicide will be his next step.
PartyBear
Bearish said:

It really is sad to see so many Baylor alumni and supporters take for granted how good we really have it here. What we went through would have destroyed so many other programs - It probably would have killed ours had it happened in 2006 and not 2016. The administration made athletic success a priority. They didn't do a 180 when they fired Art.

Differing opinions about the current football staff are fair game. Offering bullsht like the administration not caring about football is not.

To the contrary Baylor chose to experience and go through what it went through by handling the situation as incompetently as possible. Most major universities would have handled this type of situation and do handle these situations in a way in which it has minimal impact on its program and university at large.

Our administrations cared about football from 96-08 as well, caring about it and knowing why the hell you are doing are completely different things.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

Bearish said:

It really is sad to see so many Baylor alumni and supporters take for granted how good we really have it here. What we went through would have destroyed so many other programs - It probably would have killed ours had it happened in 2006 and not 2016. The administration made athletic success a priority. They didn't do a 180 when they fired Art.

Differing opinions about the current football staff are fair game. Offering bullsht like the administration not caring about football is not.

To the contrary Baylor chose to experience and go through what it went through by handling the situation as incompetently as possible. Most major universities would have handled this type of situation and do handle these situations in a way in which it has minimal impact on its program and university at large.

Michigan State cost half a billion dollars and a had a few guys go to prison. I think they beat Baylor in the way they mishandled it.

Baylor had some rogue regents and ******s handling football discipline. No other school wants those derps. The derps cannot be trusted.
Sailor Bear
PartyBear said:

Most major universities would have handled this type of situation and do handle these situations in a way in which it has minimal impact on its program and university at large.

Yet here we are with a legitimate shot at 9 wins in football, and applications to the university are at all-time highs - a stark contrast, by the way, to Michigan State.
ABC BEAR
The cart is again before the horse. Win some meaningful games first, then discuss swagger.
BUbearinARK
ABC BEAR said:

The cart is again before the horse. Win some meaningful games first, then discuss swagger.
Great point! Now back to the discussion on the discussion board.
Sampi82
ABC BEAR said:

True. We are definitely trending up but to quote Bill Parcells - "You are what your record says you are."
NeuroticBear
xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

Welcome to the board Caber sock. What's it like to root for liars and men who spread weak propaganda?
What game do you and your sweat hog plan to attend at the little East Texas hamlet?
Your hero looks like a mentally beaten down homeless man who lives in a tent city. At this rate, suicide will be his next step.
X, you're insane, and anyone who's been on the old site for years like I have knows it. Engaging with the mentally ill gets old fast, but I do enjoy triggering your BDS on occasion.
PartyBear
It was men's hoops at MSU that was most analogous to football at Baylor with their issues. I must have missed it is Izzo no longer at MSU? How did they do last season. Are they projected to be bad next season?
Keyser Soze
So much of this crap is subjective.

I remember when Dirk called out Eric Dampier (a brick hands center) and Dirk got hammered for turning on a team mate. I remember when Jordan did the same thing and it was called leadership. The difference being the Bulls were winning rings.

Same things with swagger. Win 10 game it is swagger. If you are below .500 you are not being serious enough.
xiledinok
NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

X, you're insane, and anyone who's been on the old site for years like I have knows it. Engaging with the mentally ill gets old fast, but I do enjoy triggering your BDS on occasion.
Insane is those folks who actually believe Art Briles' road back to college coaching is not a dead end road.
Mentally ill is the head coach at Mt. Vernon, Texas High School. The first thing that goes is the appearance and it looks like Art's appearance is gone.

What is BDS, Briles Derp Syndrome? Is it when everyone believes a head football coach doesn't know what goes on in his own program?
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

It was men's hoops at MSU that was most analogous to football at Baylor with their issues. I must have missed it is Izzo no longer at MSU? How did they do last season. Are they projected to be bad next season?
Causing a half billion dollar taxpayer bill is not good. There's not a coach in college basketball worth $5 million on the court. Izzo didn't get blown up by the NCAA or the networks because he schedules and does what they ask him to do with his program. We did the exact opposite and took the brunt of the former regimes' poor choices.
Eball
xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

Insane is those folks who actually believe Art Briles' road back to college coaching is not a dead end road.
Mentally ill is the head coach at Mt. Vernon, Texas High School. The first thing that goes is the appearance and it looks like Art's appearance is gone.

What is BDS, Briles Derp Syndrome? Is it when everyone believes a head football coach doesn't know what goes on in his own program?
So why do you still find the need to attack everything CAB? What exactly are you concerned with? Why not just move on and support CMR and the football season this year it ought to be a good one?
xiledinok
Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

So why do you still find the need to attack everything CAB? What exactly are you concerned with? Why not just move on and support CMR and the football season this year it ought to be a good one?
He's done and never showed any sign of remorse.
The more you all attach him to Baylor, the more likely we'll get treated like step-children by the entire college football world. The former regime spit on the degrees and tampered with things on the way out. The former regime head blew his chance after he had everything handed to him on a silver platter with Ian as his boss.

Coach Rhule has my support. The guy has been undermined a great deal by those holding onto the past. It's why he is so respected to take over and have to clean up. He's doing a great job. I expect big things this season. You can see these guys developing into solid players who will be able to handle the next level.
Eball
xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

The more you all attach him to Baylor, the more likely we'll get treated like step-children by the entire college football world. The former regime spit on the degrees and tampered with things on the way out. The former regime head blew his chance after he had everything handed to him on a silver platter with Ian as his boss.

Coach Rhule has my support. The guy has been undermined a great deal by those holding onto the past. It's why he is so respected to take over and have to clean up. He's doing a great job. I expect big things this season. You can see these guys developing into solid players who will be able to handle the next level.
So my question is why is it so important for you to keep attacking over three years later do you believe he is coming back? He was at BU for 8 years whether you like it or not he will have some fans no matter what...why do you care? What difference does it make to your life and to your support for BU and BU sports?
xiledinok
Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

So my question is why is it so important for you to keep attacking over three years later do you believe he is coming back? He was at BU for 8 years whether you like it or not he will have some fans no matter what...why do you care? What difference does it make to your life and to your support for BU and BU sports?

He's gone and his supporters use Baylor message board to take shots at Baylor and try to build an illusion that's he's coming back.
Eball
xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

He's gone and his supporters use Baylor message board to take shots at Baylor and try to build an illusion that's he's coming back.

So ignore them and perhaps they go away? After all it has been 3 +m years we likely to win 9-10 games this year...move on. I have to say you and Milli and Thee have kept the cauldron bubbling over the last 3+ years and quit throwing gas on the fire and it will burn out...
xiledinok
Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

So ignore them and perhaps they go away? After all it has been 3 +m years we likely to win 9-10 games this year...move on. I have to say you and Milli and Thee have kept the cauldron bubbling over the last 3+ years and quit throwing gas on the fire and it will burn out...

I think you and others keep this going. I think you all forget what school is associated with this board. We have Baby Briles' assistant and errand coach's dad still posting on this board. It's low class Caber while living up to Art's outside the bubble reputation.

I ll catch up later. Enjoy the CAB love.
Eball
xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

I think you and others keep this going. I think you all forget what school is associated with this board. We have Baby Briles' assistant and errand coach's dad still posting on this board. It's low class Caber while living up to reputations.
I don't...I have responded to attacks and misinformation and of course back when things were hot and heavy I shared my opinions which have not changed but my goodness we are 3 + years down the road...of course I do realize you are viewed as pretty much a nut in general and crazy poster so I have pretty much learned to ignore you but still your bitterness and obsession to down CAB and any thing positive from his time at BU is concerning. I am just telling you that if you truly want to see people move on you need to look in the mirror and move on yourself. There is absolutely no reason to respond to this as I am taking my own advice and moving on from this...just think about it.
BUbearinARK
Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

NeuroticBear said:

xiledinok said:

I think you and others keep this going. I think you all forget what school is associated with this board. We have Baby Briles' assistant and errand coach's dad still posting on this board. It's low class Caber while living up to reputations.
I don't...I have responded to attacks and misinformation and of course back when things were hot and heavy I shared my opinions which have not changed but my goodness we are 3 + years down the road...of course I do realize you are viewed as pretty much a nut in general and crazy poster so I have pretty much learned to ignore you but still your bitterness and obsession to down CAB and any thing positive from his time at BU is concerning. I am just telling you that if you truly want to see people move on you need to look in the mirror and move on yourself. There is absolutely no reason to respond to this as I am taking my own advice and moving on from this...just think about it.
#wisdom #letitgo
xiledinok
When CAB calls a press conference, refuses to take Baylor questions but throws out a press release at Baylor, it goes to show he cannot stop poking the needle at old BU.

Also, Baylor has been waiting for CAB to get his NCAA business taken care of so it doesn't effect recruiting. Cab keeps put it off, which is his choice. He should not be surprised if NCAA sends him away forever. It's time for Cab to face the music.
cowboycwr
BellCountyBear said:

Do you think BU football will ever get it back? Is that allowed by ESPN and the BOR?
I am no Briles apologist. I just miss those days of knowing we could hang with pretty much anyone.
Get it back?

You mean we didn't have swagger when dunking on the little tykes goal while Liberty was beating us?

I thought that was some great swagger.
BUbearinARK
Thee University
BUbearinARK said:

Art on the recruiting trail
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BayouCity
xiledinok said:

We had undisciplined Caber dancing and prancing. All O with subpar D, no discipline, no special teams and the ability look classless with the "Mall Fight" and TCU neutering our offensive coaches in the rain.
What we had with Briles was the football version of skipping leg day. All we cared about were beach muscles. What we lacked was strength from head to toe. That's what I see Rhule working to instill with our guys now.

I don't like the word swagger either - it's about as stupid as "woke" and the 100 emoji. However if that's what gets our players ready to go, so be it.

Just win.
Jacques Strap
BayouCity said:

xiledinok said:

We had undisciplined Caber dancing and prancing. All O with subpar D, no discipline, no special teams and the ability look classless with the "Mall Fight" and TCU neutering our offensive coaches in the rain.
What we had with Briles was the football version of skipping leg day. All we cared about were beach muscles. What we lacked was strength from head to toe. That's what I see Rhule working to instill with our guys now.

I don't like the word swagger either - it's about as stupid as "woke" and the 100 emoji. However if that's what gets our players ready to go, so be it.

Just win.

CAB did win.I can't understand the dismissive nature of some of you. Do you know how bad we were before CAB got here? He turned a losing program into a championship team. Great Teaff did the same thing. Baylor was horrible before Grant Teaff. Hatred or a dismissive attitude for their accomplishments from people who say they like to win makes no sense to me. Both coaches figured out a way to get it done at a place where many had failed before them. Not only did both of them win games, they won championships.

I hope CMR wins some too.
Blue&SilverBear
Y'all. Our QB wore a cowboy hat in the post game press conference after we beat an SEC team in a bowl game. This team has found its swagger.
Sink Navy - Sic 'em Bears
PacificBear
Blue&SilverBear said:

Y'all. Our QB wore a cowboy hat in the post game press conference after we beat an SEC team in a bowl game. This team has found its swagger.
Beating Vandy and claiming an SEC victory is like Liberty Nicholls State beating Kansas last year and claiming a win over the B12. Yes we beat an SEC team but.......it wasn't Bama, Tenn, LSU, A&M, Florida, Auburn, etc. Just like Nicholls State beat a B12 team but...........it was Kansas.
Keyser Soze
Historically you are correct, but beating a good Mangino KU* team was a vastly different accomplishment than beating you areverage KU team. This was a bowl eligible Vandy team with a very solid HC - not historical Vandy.

*KU was ranked as high as #2 in the nation and played on the Orange Bowl just missing the Natty game
BayouCity
Jacques Strap said:

BayouCity said:

xiledinok said:

Just win.

CAB did win.I can't understand the dismissive nature of some of you. Do you know how bad we were before CAB got here? He turned a losing program into a championship team. Great Teaff did the same thing. Baylor was horrible before Grant Teaff. Hatred or a dismissive attitude for their accomplishments from people who say they like to win makes no sense to me. Both coaches figured out a way to get it done at a place where many had failed before them. Not only did both of them win games, they won championships.

I know Briles won but he did so while also being the laughing stock of the NCAA when it came to defense. His offense first, defense sometimes attitude is why the Big 12 is still considered soft on defense years later. I don't hate Briles or dismiss what he did at all, just would like to see a more complete team. If we were half as good at defense as we were on offense, maybe the playoff committee would have included us instead of Ohio State.
PacificBear
BayouCity said:

Jacques Strap said:

BayouCity said:

xiledinok said:

Just win.

I know Briles won but he did so while also being the laughing stock of the NCAA when it came to defense. His offense first, defense sometimes attitude is why the Big 12 is still considered soft on defense years later. I don't hate Briles or dismiss what he did at all, just would like to see a more complete team. If we were half as good at defense as we were on offense, maybe the playoff committee would have included us instead of Ohio State.
Wait, Briles and Baylor were mentioned as playoff contenders? That must have been awesome!
BUbearinARK
PacificBear said:

Blue&SilverBear said:

Beating Vandy and claiming an SEC victory is like Liberty Nicholls State beating Kansas last year and claiming a win over the B12. Yes we beat an SEC team but.......it wasn't Bama, Tenn, LSU, A&M, Florida, Auburn, etc. Just like Nicholls State beat a B12 team but...........it was Kansas.
Now I feel really bad about going to that game, cheering my ass off for my team, and watching what was one of the best bowl games of the season. Charlie shouldn't have donned the MVP hat, that was a UT gold hat move for sure. I feel bad for cheering for him as I watched the victory ceremony. Yeah, that win sucked bad and I feel bad for thinking otherwise. Bless your heart .
Thee University
BayouCity said:

Jacques Strap said:

BayouCity said:

xiledinok said:

Just win.

Bingo.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
SATXBear
PacificBear said:

Blue&SilverBear said:

Why do you even post on this site? You are a disgrace.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.