Football
Sponsored by

Swagger.

9,475 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Robert Wilson
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PacificBear said:

BayouCity said:

Jacques Strap said:

BayouCity said:

xiledinok said:

We had undisciplined Caber dancing and prancing. All O with subpar D, no discipline, no special teams and the ability look classless with the "Mall Fight" and TCU neutering our offensive coaches in the rain.
What we had with Briles was the football version of skipping leg day. All we cared about were beach muscles. What we lacked was strength from head to toe. That's what I see Rhule working to instill with our guys now.

I don't like the word swagger either - it's about as stupid as "woke" and the 100 emoji. However if that's what gets our players ready to go, so be it.

Just win.

CAB did win.I can't understand the dismissive nature of some of you. Do you know how bad we were before CAB got here? He turned a losing program into a championship team. Great Teaff did the same thing. Baylor was horrible before Grant Teaff. Hatred or a dismissive attitude for their accomplishments from people who say they like to win makes no sense to me. Both coaches figured out a way to get it done at a place where many had failed before them. Not only did both of them win games, they won championships.

I hope CMR wins some too.
I know Briles won but he did so while also being the laughing stock of the NCAA when it came to defense. His offense first, defense sometimes attitude is why the Big 12 is still considered soft on defense years later. I don't hate Briles or dismiss what he did at all, just would like to see a more complete team. If we were half as good at defense as we were on offense, maybe the playoff committee would have included us instead of Ohio State.
Wait, Briles and Baylor were mentioned as playoff contenders? That must have been awesome!

Dude, you do realize that Art Briles has not coached a game at Baylor in four years. Are you this bad when girlfriends break up with you?
3 and OUT
Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana
Robert Wilson
Swagger is a relative term.

Rhule won't get himself Leached.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.