Football
Sponsored by

DEC rules Mt. Vernon may forfeit up to 5 games for playing ineligible players

33,563 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kevinwood
BUGWBBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

DioNoZeus said:

PartyBear said:

So the two players dont get to play unless it is over ruled on appeal. Is MV High going to win the rest of their games anyway?

Your meme can be said of this whole topic that is now a 5 page thread. I just bet they win the rest anyway even without these two players.

I'm sure they will. If anything, it should piss them off. I'm loving how it's burning the asses of the anti-CAB crowd 6 pages deep.
DioNoZeus
Osodecentx said:

DioNoZeus said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think it is just amazing that Baylor Football is 5-0 and an Art Briles thread remains at the top of the page of the Baylor Football board. Kinda funny!

C'mon Milli. You know I'm right! Do it!!! I know you want to. See there, you can be silenced.
Funny? Really? It's pathetic. You would think a guy who has been exiled to a sad sack of a place like Mt. Vernon would be paying extra attention to details and doing everything possible to avoid problems and media attention. For a guy who wants to be left alone and just coach, he sure knows how to step in it. Wow. Just wow.
Well said
So now those of us who like Briles have to pile in and answer. Posts like the one you quote doesn't bring the family together.
There's nothing wrong with saying that you like Briles the coach while simultaneously acknowledging that he's been nothing short of an abject failure as an administrator.
Osodecentx
DioNoZeus said:

There's nothing wrong with saying that you like Briles the coach while simultaneously acknowledging that he's been nothing short of an abject failure as an administrator.
That will quieten things down and bring alumni together
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think it is just amazing that Baylor Football is 5-0 and an Art Briles thread remains at the top of the page of the Baylor Football board. Kinda funny!

C'mon Milli. You know I'm right! Do it!!! I know you want to. See there, you can be silenced.
Funny? Really? It's pathetic. You would think a guy who has been exiled to a sad sack of a place like Mt. Vernon would be paying extra attention to details and doing everything possible to avoid problems and media attention. For a guy who wants to be left alone and just coach, he sure knows how to step in it. Wow. Just wow.

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

5-0 Baby!!!! Go Baylor! Go Mount Vernon! Go Matt Rhule! Go Art Briles!

(BOOM! Mean girls minds' blown!!!)
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
fadskier said:

xiledinok said:

fadskier said:

xiledinok said:

fadskier said:

xiledinok said:

oldbear69 said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

SATXBear said:

I wish Baylor had a football coach who would win at all costs like Mt. Vernon. Wait a minute, this whole story sounds familiar.

As you kNow I'm a HUGE fan of Rhules..but you're implying Rhule wouldn't play a player that was ruled eligible for transfer from another school by the ncaa? And by playing him he's "winning at all costs"? Interesting position to take. Your opinion. And as we've learned. Everyone is entitled to their own. Cheers.
What I'm implying is that Rhule would be so on top of the situation that there would be no need for a second DEC hearing. He'd have known all the facts before anyone else did and acted accordingly. Again, you don't have to believe me, but this is how the vast majority of these cases are handled because the stakes of playing ineligible players are so high.

That there are new facts to be discovered tells me that Briles either A) didn't do his due diligence or B) intentionally overlooked pertinent factors in this case. Given his history, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's probably A. That doesn't make him a bad person, but it certainly makes him an inept administrator.
Again. You're the one having to imply a scenario that is impossible to know..to fit your narrative. And NO. Rhule would have done what all college coaches do..he would have waited for the NCAA ruling, and play them the moment they were cleared. In fact, Baylor would have HAMMERED him for getting involved separately within the admissions process.

I'll be the first to crucify Art, when you show us ANYTHING besides your narrative, that he manipulated the DEC hearing that ALL coaches use to determine eligibility.
The facts will come out eventually. And when they do, we'll see who's closer to the truth.

See..this is a statement that is factual without narrative. Wait. Let's see the facts. Im absolutely fine with waiting on the facts. If he's guilty. He's guilty. That's how it works when you're not trying to run to a corner to support your pre-existing ideology with just assumptions.

But you were feeding a narrative without facts. You were left to feed the narrative that A) He manipulated the first ruling of eligibility and you'd have to have proof, or B) he should have predicted the future and not played the kids, knowing a second ruling was coming...and wait for that outcome.
Not true. I was giving my opinion based on the facts available and the way such things usually play out. I don't have a preexisting ideology. I am and was content to let Art Briles coach in East Texas obscurity and wouldn't be talking about him at all if not for today's news.

But I think you -- and many others here -- are under the false impression that these things are common and strictly procedural. But that is not so. I've covered the same area now for 12 years. It spans a 200 mile radius and roughly 40 11-man schools. We have never in my time here had a school threatened with forfeiture for playing an ineligible player or reprimanded for using an illegal assistant. Those things just don't happen very often, and when they do they're almost always a product of poor oversight/compliance.

I'm not debating the assistant.

You were hanging MOST of your "non-biased" opinion on the eligibility.

Please show me 1....just 1..other high school coach who got a DEC ruling of eligibility, and still benched those kids, because they could predict the future and know another one was coming. Just 1. And I'll walk away. Eligibility Issues happen all the time. The DEC is the authority. They ruled one way. Now they are looking at ruling another way. NONE OF THAT IS ON Briles. Unless he manipulated. So again..you're the expert. Show us 1 coach who ignored the DEC ruling..and benched the kids despite the being ruled eligible by the DEC. 1 is a VERY low bar to clear since this is "how it happens"
The fact that there is a second DEC hearing at all makes this a truly unique case, which is why you guys need to stop pretending this is normal. It's not.

And it's not about predicting the future, man. It's about doing the right thing the first time to avoid future surprises. It is the coach's job IMO to know all the circumstances of a player's transfer before playing him in a varsity game. And I think if you asked most high school coaches, they would agree with me. There shouldn't be new facts to discover. Those should have all been determined and reported before the player(s) in question ever stepped foot on the field.

So whether facts were manipulated or Briles was just asleep at the wheel is really irrelevant. Either way, he shares some culpability here. It's his program and he doesn't know what the hell's going on inside of it, which is just way too damn familiar.
so after the first hearing everything is a-0k , players all legal and good to go...then comes the ass kickings and the whiny butt losing coaches go to their superintendents with some "new whistle blower" info and vote no on the players....dmn sends out woodward and bernstein to talk to "unnamed sources", telling them they dont live in the correct mobile home....geez, does all this sound familiar?....who even reads the dmn anymore,,,,rag of a paper, losing circulation and laying off workers....move on, nothing here...hey bear 2.... im the period guy...........

They got busted. It makes them come off as a Hee Haw operation. Whose idea was it warehouse the football players in a trailer park? Rootin tootin Texas football coach is not classy!
How did they get busted? What information do you have?

The UIL DEC declared the players ineligible. They got busted.

Whose idea was it to warehouse high school students at an RV park? What small town derp signed off on that idea? What kind of parents sign off on that moronic thought process and move the kids only into a 3A school?

Do these high school students plan to attend college or just jump directly to NFL? Who thought that idea would be good for the youngster's education? Do they just plan to wash cars in the future after football?
The DEC cleared them, then after 5 games, declared them ineligible. Sorry, but the DEC doesn't get to declare what you live in. We have an RV park in the district in which I live that houses full time families.

Because the DEC found additional information and took action. This isn't rocket science. They busted Lynx for being a 6th coach as well. It's not very hard to understand.
It has nothing to do with declaring where you live but there are other rules that have to be followed.

They didn't get busted for stupidity but the players living with the assistant coach\ filmmaker makes at an RV park makes them look dumb.
Just got access to the original article. It will be interesting to see what the SEC decides should they appeal.

The hamlet has no name recognition. If they did, the UIL would have taken wins away. They should walk away from fighting and carry on. This just adds to CAB legacy.
MilliVanilli
Osodecentx said:

DioNoZeus said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Well said
So now those of us who like Briles have to pile in and answer. Posts like the one you quote doesn't bring the family together.
Sometimes the conspiracy theorist at the table needs a reality check, family or otherwise.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

When you leaving this time?

Our minds aren't blown , we know you're a racist drama queen buffoon trolling for Caber High.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Troy Aikman volunteers as a coach at a private school in DFW.
Most private schools are the most corrupt in the nation.
Aikman's school is corrupt? People who volunteer at private schools are corrupt?

Or you can't reason your way through a simple logic paradigm?
At least I can read and comprehend!

Did I call out a school? I don't even know Aikman coaches.

Did I say volunteers are corrupt?

Yes
Aggie!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Troy Aikman volunteers as a coach at a private school in DFW.
Most private schools are the most corrupt in the nation.
Aikman's school is corrupt? People who volunteer at private schools are corrupt?

Or you can't reason your way through a simple logic paradigm?
At least I can read and comprehend!

Did I call out a school? I don't even know Aikman coaches.

Did I say volunteers are corrupt?

Yes
Aggie!
CTE!
Osodecentx
Timbear said:

Art never had a recruiting violation at Baylor. He's received 2 letters of exoneration from the BOR. The media has published unproven allegations, and then uses their own accusations as proof to continue their slander, and Fredbear drinks it like koolaid.
Good post and TRUTH
DioNoZeus
Osodecentx said:

Timbear said:

Art never had a recruiting violation at Baylor. He's received 2 letters of exoneration from the BOR. The media has published unproven allegations, and then uses their own accusations as proof to continue their slander, and Fredbear drinks it like koolaid.
Good post and TRUTH
No, these are the sort of nonsense posts that will never bring our fan base together.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

Our minds aren't blown , we know you're a racist drama queen buffoon trolling for Caber High.

It just brings me great joy that you acknowledge you are a mean girl. LOL!!!!!

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
DioNoZeus said:

Osodecentx said:

Timbear said:

Good post and TRUTH
No, these are the sort of nonsense posts that will never bring our fan base together.
You're doing your part
Dman
Let me get this straight. 6 pages of pure speculation by so called experts and all we have is 2 players who were eligible, now aren't eligible..but no game forfeited. So basically a whole lot of nothing. Definitely not a "controversy"...unless you're just trying to find one. He's gone boys...relax.

Good lord...it's football season. We are 5-0. Surely we can let this thread die before game day?!
xiledinok
Typical Cab centric story. Like to see the holes these parents fell out of when they make decisions to send their kids to play 3A Texas football and live in an RV park while looking to graduate and prepare themselves for the future.
The kids are early candidates for ditch digging jobs and food stamps.
Osodecentx
Dman said:

Let me get this straight. 6 pages of pure speculation by so called experts and all we have is 2 players who were eligible, now aren't eligible..but no game forfeited. So basically a whole lot of nothing. Definitely not a "controversy"...unless you're just trying to find one. He's gone boys...relax.

Good lord...it's football season. We are 5-0. Surely we can let this thread die before game day?!
That's not enough. He must be stoned to death
Dman
xiledinok said:

Typical Cab centric story. Like to see the holes these parents fell out of when they make decisions to send their kids to play 3A Texas football and live in an RV park while looking to graduate and prepare themselves for the future.

4 years. Still OWNED by a guy who doesn't know your name. One day...you'll escape and find your peace. Life is good when not obsessed

WE ARE 5-0 and he is gone. MOVE ON.
Osodecentx
Dman said:

xiledinok said:

4 years. Still OWNED by a guy who doesn't know your name. One day...you'll escape and find your peace. Life is good when not obsessed

He knows my name

We'll move on when BOR and Milli apologizes in writing
xiledinok
Dman said:

xiledinok said:

Dude, when he gets his NCAA response finished and Baylor can move on, he'll be done on this board. He needs to get it done so he can at least act like he has a chance to coach again in the NCAA.

You should go lecture these parents of these small school high school students about shacking them up in an RV park to play high school football for a guy not well thought of outside his peer group and jock riders.

Look at the thread title. Clearly, you shouldn't bother telling people what not to post.
xiledinok
Osodecentx said:

Dman said:

xiledinok said:

He knows my name

We'll move on when BOR and Milli apologizes in writing
When Art figures out he needs to show remorse, perhaps the general public will think he's worthy more than dirt.
ColomboLQ
Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

This case is a little different in that the kids in question were cleared before being ruled ineligible. But the fact that there were four or five kids that needed DEC hearings should raise flags/eyeballs. That's a huge number in one year for a 3A high school. In Briles' situation, he should be extra cautious when taking on transfers of questionable eligibility. All of the coaches I work with regularly are and they don't have Briles' baggage.
It isn't Briles decision to allow attendance at MV. If kids live in MV attendance zone, it is a right.

Playing athletics is a limited right. Living in the attendance zone doesn't mean you make the varsity.

The determination as to the motive for the transfer belongs to the DEC. The DEC approved before they disapproved. The vote for disapproval was unanimous, meaning the Mt Vernon rep voted 'no'.

5 transfers wanting to play for a coach seems like a positive for the coach.

It may be a positive for the coach. It's also against UIL rules if that was their primary motivation for transferring. I know CAB fans like to absolve him of all responsibility beyond minimum requirements and what is plausibly deniable. But trust me when I tell you that most head coaches and athletic directors don't have these issues because they take a more proactive approach.
Are you actually saying that a coach who had hardly even stepped on the campus before Fall practice orchestrated some illegal transfer of players from across the ocean? Let go of it man.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm not accusing Art of recruiting the players. No one is that I'm aware of. What I'm suggesting is he either failed to do his due diligence or intentionally overlooked some pretty big warning signs before putting them on varsity and utilizing their talents, which would follow the exact same pattern that got him in trouble here.
So, the DEC clears them to play on the varsity. The coach should then punish them and put them on the JV until he can do an investigation to see if the DEC's decision was wrong?
Some people on this site will apply a different set of rules to Briles just because it's Briles. That guy literally owns several people on this site.
xiledinok
You guys read like small school or private school fans. Perhaps next time his supporters don't brag about move ins and find them a place to live without being so obvious.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

I'm sure your CTE riddled brain thinks that's wit.

Meanwhile, you're just an ******* trolling for a disgraced high school coach on a college football forum.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

Meanwhile, you're just an ******* trolling for a disgraced high school coach on a college football forum.

Baylor is 5-0. And you still insist on keeping an Art Briles thread at the top of the page. I think my CTE butt is going to bed. Goodnight mean girl.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

jbbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, FUNNY as Hell!

Baylor is 5-0. And you still insist on keeping an Art Briles thread at the top of the page. I think my CTE butt is going to bed. Goodnight mean girl.
A Caber High troll sulking away.

Can't wait for your five or six additional posts on other threads after you swear you're off to bed.

Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Some people on this site will apply a different set of rules to Briles just because it's Briles. That guy literally owns several people on this site.

The only thing Art owns is a dwindling number of you CABers. He made you his prison ***** a long time ago.

Today is Day 1,233 of your pitiful and spineless mourning.

Snap out of it!

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
They only thing Briles owns is the label of sorry unscrupulous football coach in the public's opinion. Outside the bubble, people think his staff, friends, supporters and the 105 fired employees got what they had coming. Not an ounce of sympathy for massive failures.
The public doesn't bother with the regent Baptist Country Club because they see Art in action like issues posted above and realize they did a good job ridding themselves of him.
xiledinok
ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

This case is a little different in that the kids in question were cleared before being ruled ineligible. But the fact that there were four or five kids that needed DEC hearings should raise flags/eyeballs. That's a huge number in one year for a 3A high school. In Briles' situation, he should be extra cautious when taking on transfers of questionable eligibility. All of the coaches I work with regularly are and they don't have Briles' baggage.
It isn't Briles decision to allow attendance at MV. If kids live in MV attendance zone, it is a right.

Playing athletics is a limited right. Living in the attendance zone doesn't mean you make the varsity.

The determination as to the motive for the transfer belongs to the DEC. The DEC approved before they disapproved. The vote for disapproval was unanimous, meaning the Mt Vernon rep voted 'no'.

It may be a positive for the coach. It's also against UIL rules if that was their primary motivation for transferring. I know CAB fans like to absolve him of all responsibility beyond minimum requirements and what is plausibly deniable. But trust me when I tell you that most head coaches and athletic directors don't have these issues because they take a more proactive approach.
Are you actually saying that a coach who had hardly even stepped on the campus before Fall practice orchestrated some illegal transfer of players from across the ocean? Let go of it man.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm not accusing Art of recruiting the players. No one is that I'm aware of. What I'm suggesting is he either failed to do his due diligence or intentionally overlooked some pretty big warning signs before putting them on varsity and utilizing their talents, which would follow the exact same pattern that got him in trouble here.
So, the DEC clears them to play on the varsity. The coach should then punish them and put them on the JV until he can do an investigation to see if the DEC's decision was wrong?
I think Briles owns Lynx and his football family. They should change their last name to Briles. He can football them out and then have them pick cotton and wipe his ass when he gets old. He doesn't own anyone outside his football group.
Eball
ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Some people on this site will apply a different set of rules to Briles just because it's Briles. That guy literally owns several people on this site.istrict
It amazes me how willing people are to state an opinion or take a side when they don't have a clue about the facts or the rules that apply...Everything that happened here is what happens all the time across Texas when kids transfer...this is a non story other than for the town of Mt Vernon and the district in every other case like this but because CAB is the coach...you have the obsessed ones aiming at his complete destruction chiming in and making it a bigger story than it is.
xiledinok
Eball said:

ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Some people on this site will apply a different set of rules to Briles just because it's Briles. That guy literally owns several people on this site.istrict
It amazes me how willing people are to state an opinion or take a side when they don't have a clue about the facts or the rules that apply...Everything that happened here is what happens all the time across Texas when kids transfer...this is a non story other than for the town of Mt Vernon and the district in every other case like this but because CAB is the coach...you have the obsessed ones aiming at his complete destruction chiming in and making it a bigger story than it is.

That's because the public disagrees with you.
He's really good at creating his own destruction.

What kind of parents take high school football players and stick them in small schools against lesser pools of players, let them complete high school while living in a trailer park with an assistant coach who is not actually an assistant coach? Why not just have them live in Art's servant house above his garage?

I beg to differ that schools warehouse kids in parent less trailer parks to be able to transfer in for football.

Watch the hamlet appeal to the UT owned UIL and see all their non district games turn into forfeits. Watch the head school boss piss his pants in front of them.
curtpenn
bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

So briles should have actually ignored the DEC ruling that they were eligible and on his own..investigate the kids to determine they were ineligible. Despite being ruled eligible.

Gotcha. You're trying to hard.
I know you guys are content to believe that everyone is out to get Briles, but reporters I have great trust in have concluded that the most recent decision was the result of factors not brought up or considered during the first DEC hearing. Or in other words, new facts were discovered.

What I'm saying is that the coaches I know and respect wouldn't leave the discovery of new facts to chance. They'd already have knowledge of those facts and act accordingly.
I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge "new facts" may have come up. Unless Briles manipulates the first eligibility ruling in any way, he only has the ruling of the DEC to factor in like everyone else. Therefore your need to say "he was loose" is BS.

The "I'm not saying he's guilty..I'm saying he should have known" is BS. Your saying he's guilty. Show where he manipulated the original hearing....or quit saying what you're "not saying".
I'll post whatever the hell I want. Thanks.

And on this particular subject, I can say with almost absolute certainty that I know more than you and 95 percent of others on this board about the way most high school coaches handle these types of cases and the mechanizations behind these DEC hearings/UIL rulings.

The difference between you and me is you are starting at the conclusion that Briles didn't do anything wrong and gathering "facts" to justify that position, while I simply don't give a ***** I'm just calling it like I see it and sharing a unique perspective on this issue because it's one that I have experience with.

I don't have a problem with Briles coaching high school football, and I'm not predisposed in any way to find fault with his post-Baylor actions. Again, I don't give a ***** But what we know here is that Briles played an ineligible player and violated a UIL rule by employing a coach that wasn't a full-time district employee. Those are things that simply don't happen in most well-run programs.
"the mechanizations behind these DEC hearings/UIL rulings"

There's your problem. Perhaps less automation is called for in these hearings.

Sorry... can't always control my inner grammar Nazi - lol.
trey3216
Eball said:

ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Predictable response. Sounds like the guy who leaves the bar at closing time with everyone else and he's had 5 beers, gets pulled over and gets a DUI. Then starts barking at the cops that the guy in the car in front of him had 12 beers. You can't ***** and moan when you get caught that everyone's doing it. You're the one that got caught doing it.

When you're under that much scrutiny to begin with, you might take a higher level of precaution.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Eball
trey3216 said:

Eball said:

ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Predictable response. Sounds like the guy who leaves the bar at closing time with everyone else and he's had 5 beers, gets pulled over and gets a DUI. Then starts barking at the cops that the guy in the car in front of him had 12 beers. You can't ***** and moan when you get caught that everyone's doing it. You're the one that got caught doing it.

When you're under that much scrutiny to begin with, you might take a higher level of precaution.

Served on local school board and kids who played UIL sports. Every year kids transfer and their reasons are scrutinized. Every year some are ruled to have transferred for athletic reasons some are not. There are appeals filed and ruled on. It is not on coaches or schools but kids and parents. To move for right reasons and correctly handle paperwork. Coaches really are not involved and only in specific situations where a coach specifically recruits a player is that coach likely to get in trouble. Most of the time it is parents and kids wanting to go to specific programs. You sir are uninformed and full of bias and prejudice. You would make a great candidate to be the leader of a mob that carried out vigilante justice..,,
bear2be2
curtpenn said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

So briles should have actually ignored the DEC ruling that they were eligible and on his own..investigate the kids to determine they were ineligible. Despite being ruled eligible.

Gotcha. You're trying to hard.
I know you guys are content to believe that everyone is out to get Briles, but reporters I have great trust in have concluded that the most recent decision was the result of factors not brought up or considered during the first DEC hearing. Or in other words, new facts were discovered.

What I'm saying is that the coaches I know and respect wouldn't leave the discovery of new facts to chance. They'd already have knowledge of those facts and act accordingly.
I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge "new facts" may have come up. Unless Briles manipulates the first eligibility ruling in any way, he only has the ruling of the DEC to factor in like everyone else. Therefore your need to say "he was loose" is BS.

The "I'm not saying he's guilty..I'm saying he should have known" is BS. Your saying he's guilty. Show where he manipulated the original hearing....or quit saying what you're "not saying".
I'll post whatever the hell I want. Thanks.

And on this particular subject, I can say with almost absolute certainty that I know more than you and 95 percent of others on this board about the way most high school coaches handle these types of cases and the mechanizations behind these DEC hearings/UIL rulings.

The difference between you and me is you are starting at the conclusion that Briles didn't do anything wrong and gathering "facts" to justify that position, while I simply don't give a ***** I'm just calling it like I see it and sharing a unique perspective on this issue because it's one that I have experience with.

I don't have a problem with Briles coaching high school football, and I'm not predisposed in any way to find fault with his post-Baylor actions. Again, I don't give a ***** But what we know here is that Briles played an ineligible player and violated a UIL rule by employing a coach that wasn't a full-time district employee. Those are things that simply don't happen in most well-run programs.
"the mechanizations behind these DEC hearings/UIL rulings"

There's your problem. Perhaps less automation is called for in these hearings.

Sorry... can't always control my inner grammar Nazi - lol.

Wouldn't that make you more of a diction Nazi?
trey3216
Eball said:

trey3216 said:

Eball said:

ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Served on local school board and kids who played UIL sports. Every year kids transfer and their reasons are scrutinized. Every year some are ruled to have transferred for athletic reasons some are not. There appeals filed. It is not on coaches or schools but kids and parents. To move for right reasons and correctly handle paperwork. Coaches really are not involved and only in specific situations where a coach specifically recruits a player is that coach likely to get in trouble. Most of the time it is parents and kids wanting to go to specific programs. You sir are uninformed and full of bias and prejudice. You would make a great candidate to be the leader of a mob that carried out vigilante justice..,,
Is it on the kids and parents that Lynx was working as a part time assistant when not employed by the School District, and he was in fact, the family that the students in question came to live near? He's related to the kids through marriage. It's not a good look. That's what I've been saying all along.

I'm not full of bias and prejudice by any stretch. I'm calling a spade a spade because right now it looks like he's holding the Ace and the Queen, but he's playing Hearts, not Spades.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.