Story Poster
Football
Jason Moore
Christoph Henle
Ross Matiscik
Jordan Williams
Baylor Football

Game Day Thread: Baylor (11-1) vs. Oklahoma (11-1)

December 6, 2019

The Baylor Bears (11-1) will face off with the Oklahoma Sooners (11-1) in the 2019 Big 12 Championship inside AT&T Stadium on Saturday at 11 a.m. CT. The rematch of a thrilling Nov. 16 contest at McLane Stadium, a game which Baylor lost 34-31, will be aired live nationally on ABC. 

New Member Special: Try SicEm365 Premium for $5.00 until Feb. 6  

Baylor vs. Oklahoma Articles

Title Author
Baylor plays for championship with best Big 12 defense Colt Barber
Oklahoma offense review and preview Sam Bradshaw
Trust The Podcast: Big 12 Championship Edition Craig Smoak
Big 12 Championship Video Preview Grayson Grundhoefer
Oklahoma defense review and preview Sam Bradshaw
Wouldn’t it be sweet? Colt Barber
Baylor’s needed adjustment for Rd. 1 with Oklahoma J.D. PicKell
Defensive strategy vs. Oklahoma J.J. Joe
How many point to be Big 12 Champs? J.J. Joe
Record Book Review Brian Ethridge

DEPTH CHART | SCHEDULE | BIG 12 STANDINGS | COACHING STAFF

Matt Rhule Quote of the Week...

“I don’t, I think you probably know me well enough to know I don’t say those things. We haven’t had a lot of success when we’ve talked about ‘hey if we do this we get this’, last year I did that and we played really tight against Iowa State and TCU so we play way better when it’s been like let’s just go play and here’s what’s special about our players, I think we have, it’s the most competitive group of young people I’ve ever been around, I’ll probably start getting a bunch of calls from former players now but, saying what about me coach but, literally if at the end of a practice I said ‘I’m not sure who’s faster Tyquan [Thornton] or Boogie [Barnes], they would literally race for an hour but then [Josh] Fleeks would say ‘no I’m faster’ and then [Jackson] Gleeson would say ‘wait a minute, I ran this and I’, they would be out there racing for like an hour, Bravvion [Roy] would probably say ‘I’m the fastest guy over 300’, it’s amazing the competitive nature of our guys so what I found works with our players is just to say hey let’s go compete, to go to Kansas and play in that weather and there weren’t very many people in the stands, it was less people maybe than Rice, just cause of Thanksgiving, I’m not saying that in a disrespectful way, and our guys went out and competed and in the fourth quarter that defense wanted a fourth quarter shutout, J Will [Jordan Williams] was screaming at the guys that were out there playing and we finally stopped them at the two and got the fourth quarter shutout, just a competitive group so to me when I start talking about CFP, it becomes a whole bunch of stuff, when I say let’s go play, man, we have a special group of kids when we do that.”

** Matchup advantage decided by higher ranking between offensive and defensive statistical categories from Big 12 play only.

Discussion from...

Game Day Thread: Baylor (11-1) vs. Oklahoma (11-1)

82,355 Views | 813 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BUBBFAN
Jorkel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacques Strap said:

The defense kept us in it

Like all season
GoldenBear007
The fact that we're ahead right now based on how our offense had been...just wow.
Bear75605
Wow!!!!!!! I cannot believe we are in this game.
Branch155
Seemed like that clock was stopped very early on the kickoff
Jorkel
AT&T stadium is so ugly compared to the other billion dollar stadiums.
Doc Holliday
Good job defense and Bohannon.
Jacques Strap
16:35 TOP for OU so not too much strain on the defense so far
boognish_bear
OsoCirujano said:

That pass by Bohanon would be picked off 75% of the time. Wow.

Yep....he's gotten us back in this game... But early on he seems to take a lot of risks with his passes
boognish_bear
Jacques Strap said:

The defense kept us in it

Absolutely.... This defense only seems to get better and better. Bravvion, Lynch, and Lockhart are all out studs
wgeralds
biased opinion here...but how you could not give phil snow and matt rhule coach of the year awards is beyond me. Having a roster of 5 stars and doing what you're supposed to...or having a roster of 3 stars that are physically and mentally dominating teams with 5 stars. it's just not even a question in my mind.
Jacques Strap
Well I for one hope we make better halftime adjustments that OU this time!!
Forest Bueller
wgeralds said:

madden scores for gerry based on todays game...
pocket presence - 2
awareness - 6
luck - 100
Pocket presence not that bad.

Threw a slant that should have been a TD.

Took a couple of near sacks and ran for positive yards.

Threw it away to avoid the sack.
Self Made Bear
Charlie didn't play well, but he did take out that linebacker with that run.
boognish_bear
I'm sure Mora isn't watching this game....but for the rest of the country that hasn't been paying attention to us this year and is watching us for the first time....there is a team in the B12 that plays defense
wuzzybear
GoldenBear007 said:

The fact that we're ahead right now based on how our offense had been...just wow.
Yes, very true. I thought CB would come out and go downfield early, but he just holds the ball too long. He's got to get rid of it. No wonder he takes so many hits. You can't wait til it is 3rd and 10 to throw it. That is too easy. Just go out and play. If Mims does not get involved he will have to be one helluva decoy. But I cannot imagine winning this without him catching about 5 passes and 1 for a TD.

But we are 1/2 away from a big 12 championship. Just whatever it takes I hope we do it.
jdrs
Well since we usually only play really well 1 half a game and we haven't played well the 1st half, we are a lock to win! Bring on the 2nd half!
boognish_bear
Forest Bueller said:

wgeralds said:

pocket presence - 2
awareness - 6
luck - 100

Threw a slant that should have been a TD

Yep....that one hurt a little....right in his hands on the money
Branch155
Talking heads don't get it. All about how Hurts has let down OU. Nothing about our D.

Whatever. Keep underestimating us
BusyTarpDuster2017
Rhule, Snow, and company are coaching the hell out of this game. To be up after a lousy offensive performance like we had takes serious coaching chops. Still, I think if the offense doesn't get a lot better, we're gonna lose this game. The defense can't keep this up for another half, can they? (Hope they prove me wrong, though!)
Saddle Up!
Branch155 said:

Seemed like that clock was stopped very early on the kickoff

Absolutely was, by 2 seconds.
oso de esqui
At the game, completely stressed out. How is TV commentary and what is official
Attendance?
wuzzybear

Everybody has to step up. WR's got to run better routes. We are only in this game b/c of 2 TO's and really a lucky pass by Gerrry. That is all the offense we got. This must change or the D will just get worn out all over again down the stretch.

Glad we get the ball first, but if Charlie can't go then maybe Zeno should go if Gerry cannot throw it. We must throw the ball guys. Running vs. OU DLine when they know you are not going to throw will be impossible.
Big_Pumpin
Forest Bueller said:

wgeralds said:

pocket presence - 2
awareness - 6
luck - 100

Threw a slant that should have been a TD.

Took a couple of near sacks and ran for positive yards.

Threw it away to avoid the sack.

I thought he did a great job feeling the pocket and stepping up on that TD throw
Stefano DiMera
Gotta get some slants across middle .yes OU secondary is fast..but so are our WR's..we have to see if they can tackle us..they haven't had to make a tackle in space all day..
Jacques Strap
BB up 49-37 but Vital fouls out
Stefano DiMera
He almost blew out his knee..he was scared to cross line of scrimmage and threw against a locked front leg.
Saddle Up!
Self Made Bear said:

Charlie didn't play well, but he did take out that linebacker with that run.

I think that although Charlie appeared to be okay after that hit, that may have been the beginning of the cobwebs. Cumulative effect.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Branch155 said:

Talking heads don't get it. All about how Hurts has let down OU. Nothing about our D.

If Snow does this for another half, he is a lock for the Broyles award.
Jacques Strap
6:40. 49-38
wuzzybear
Branch155 said:

Agreed. Guess that is why we are leading the league in takeaways....they do not just happen. They are forced by big play players.
wgeralds
jeff if you are reading this....screen. plays where we have had 3 to one side of the line - they have only matched up 2 DB's and a safety 20 yards back. just trust me. their d line and linebackers move up 3 steps after snaps - ripe for a screen. my choice is tyquan or hasty but ill let you make that decision. - xoxo
wuzzybear
Charlie better hang it up after college if he cannot stop taking hits by getting rid of the ball. I think his head hit the turf on the play when he went out. But my gosh why does he hold the ball so long? `1, 2, 3 secs and get rid of it.
CHP Bear
How about Jazlyn! 19 for 22 with a QB rating of $100,000K
Jacques Strap
4:24 53-42
pitchspork
CHP Bear said:

How about Jazlyn!
Put her at QB pls

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.