Football
Sponsored by

Hearing things about Gus Malzahn

6,558 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Baylor187
drahthaar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does Wilson and his donkey come if we hire Gus?
RegentCoverup
Johnny Bear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Not saying it would never happen, but I'm pretty sure Steele hates our guts.

At an event in Tallahassee, one of my friends yelled "Sic'Em Bears!" when Kevin was introduced and Captain Carrott stopped his speech, looked at him, and then ripped Baylor for the next 15 minutes.

Let's just say he's bitter.
He can choose to be bitter all he wants, but Baylor allowed him to keep a job for 4 years while being consistently Bottom 10 awful and if anything getting worse each year. What did he expect??
We gave him peanuts for assistants.
We wanted him to win before we spent money on facilities.
We refused to at least move the practice facility to campus.

Yeah, I think he sucked, but we put it all on him. Like I said, Guy Morriss wasn't considered a success, but he walked in the door and laid out the plan that needed to happen today. Morriss had kids that couldn't get a ride to practice because the facilities were far away.

Briles gets the credit, but we started winning in football when we made the investment in our program across the board. We literally signed players that were better because of the practice facility.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

As is true of most tragedies that tend to get pinned on one person in Baylor's history. Baylor's management played a large role in the Steele era being what it was.

That's true.
drahthaar
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Johnny Bear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

At an event in Tallahassee, one of my friends yelled "Sic'Em Bears!" when Kevin was introduced and Captain Carrott stopped his speech, looked at him, and then ripped Baylor for the next 15 minutes.

He can choose to be bitter all he wants, but Baylor allowed him to keep a job for 4 years while being consistently Bottom 10 awful and if anything getting worse each year. What did he expect??

Yeah, I think he sucked, but we put it all on him. Like I said, Guy Morriss wasn't considered a success, but he walked in the door and laid out the plan that needed to happen today. Morriss had kids that couldn't get a ride to practice because the facilities were far away.

Briles gets the credit, but we started winning in football when we made the investment in our program across the board. We literally signed players that were better because of the practice facility.

Not defending Kev but there is lot of fact here.
RegentCoverup
Yeah, we both agree Kevin would have never been the right person for Baylor, but our fortunes trended upwards when Guy Morriss raised the money for the practice facility.

Full disclosure: Mark Nelson the Special Teams coach was at my HS and one of my relatives hired him as a high school HC, so he told me in blunt terms how bad the program was in when he arrived. And it was the opposite of what the Baylor leadership was preaching at the time.

Morriss went on a roadshow for alums to raise expectations and told them point blank he needed an on campus training facility. Most dismissed him until he got to Bob Simpson...
xiledinok
BUGWBBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Doc Holliday said:

He is/was friends with Briles so I doubt it.
Briles is friends with a lot of college coaches.

Not according to x. If x don't like em, it's a kiss of death in his own mind.

Never said that....he's not friends with the television executives who make sure him and his buddies get those ridiculous salaries. The suits run the whistles.

The guy who used to drive around the guy who invented the Super Bowl won't let him work in the CFL or NFL. What do you think about that?
PartyBear
So allegedly someone's chauffeur doesnt like Briles in summary.
GrizBear
RiskyBizz Bear said:

And I'm crazy enough to let Steele come back.

He wouldn't have the kids he had at LSU, Bama, and AU, but I can believe in him.

Bring the OC too. Morris would do well here as OC.
Remind me to pick up a cinder block at Home Depot, so I can just pre-bash my head in if this happens.
RegentCoverup
GrizBear said:

RiskyBizz Bear said:

And I'm crazy enough to let Steele come back.

He wouldn't have the kids he had at LSU, Bama, and AU, but I can believe in him.

Bring the OC too. Morris would do well here as OC.
Remind me to pick up a cinder block at Home Depot, so I can just pre-bash my head in if this happens.
Clearly, we have lost a lot of that fans that were listening to the game in Berkeley.

"Cal just scored again."
Aliceinbubbleland
gobears20 said:

Return of

[url=https://ibb.co/vqtnM4J][/url]

He was probably listening to Play Calls for Dummies with that headset.
RegentCoverup
Aliceinbubbleland said:

gobears20 said:

Return of

[url=https://ibb.co/vqtnM4J][/url]

He was probably listening to Play Calls for Dummies with that headset.
We promoted a Linebackers Coach to the HC position because he name dropped Tom Osborne from start to finish and he prayed with Regents in their jets..

I hope we've got a more professional process. But seeing how this carpetbagger blew through town, I'm not sure.
Dia del DougO
A lot of good coordinators are horrible head coaches. Steele is one of them.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
How many of you guys would be thinking about your friends feelings when pondering over a $60 million contract?
RegentCoverup
clubhi said:

How many of you guys would be thinking about your friends feelings when pondering over a $60 million contract?
Maybe a little less open ended, but I like where you're going here.
EvilTroyAndAbed
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Johnny Bear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

He ripped Baylor for 15 minutes? Yeah, ok. I want you to sit silent for 15 minutes and think how long that is. I call BS.
RegentCoverup
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Johnny Bear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

He ripped Baylor for 15 minutes? Yeah, ok. I want you to sit silent for 15 minutes and think how long that is. I call BS.
Uh oh, the board nanny is here.

So you his cousin or what?
Dia del DougO
Morriss should be remembered well at BU. As poor as those days look in the rearview, he started laying a solid foundation and brought back some respect and pride to the program.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Keyser Soze
Agree. Morris was definitely a step up from Steele
RegentCoverup
Agree on both. Morriss was a breath of fresh air in that he told us the truth. Even as much as people didn't want to hear it.
Baylor187
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Don't worry, the feeling is definitely mutual
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.