Football
Sponsored by

Coach Aranda's call for unity

25,233 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Many P5 coaches have been expressing their thoughts over the last 2 days

boognish_bear
This thread of tweets from the Vanderbilt coach is good and worth the click imo

Timbear
Where are the Black protesters against Black on Black crime when probably 100's of Blacks are killed and wounded by Blacks every weekend in cities around the country?
ABC BEAR
Timbear said:

Where are the Black protesters against Black on Black crime when probably 100's of Blacks are killed and wounded by Blacks every weekend in cities around the country?
They don't further the narrative.
PartyBear
I see only three posts in Coach Aranda's call is ignored.

However this is in better shape than had it been posted on the shxt show board known as the R&P board.
historian

Not just coaches:

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BluesBear
I disagree RG3.

There is ZERO outrage regarding the 50 plus people shot over the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago

Blacks today have more opportunities than those during the MLK era yet they do Less with More.

This isn't a racial issue. It's a moral breakdown of an entire community that for decades have allowed Government handouts to drive their behaviors and decisions.

Where's the outrage about the multi generational breakdown of a father/mother households. How often have we glorified sports stars, rappers, tv stars as role models who father kids with many different women or who leave the families all together.

Where's the outrage about the mass murdering each day of black babies via planned parenthood? Black abortions make up the largest percentage of babies killed each day. Over 2,000 babies aborted PER DAY in the US.

Remind yourself that Black Africans captured and sold blacks all around the world. In fact, the smallest percentage of blacks sold into slavery was in the US. Don't forget that Asians were sold into slavery. Eastern whites sold into slavery. This isn't a single race issue throughout history.

What happened in MN is awful. No human being should be treated that way and those accountable will be tried in court - as we live in a country with due process.

What all people should be asking is why is there just so much hatred in the World today?

And before you all call me a bigot or racist. I've been to Africa more times than most people have travelled outside of the US working with an organization that takes unwanted black babies to nurture up a new generation of leaders to break generations of suffering.

As well, my best friend is black and is married to a white person. Not that color matters. We are all children of the same father.
boognish_bear
BU senior associate AD

boognish_bear
Looks like he's reading off of cue cards in the video

Shippou
TrustTheProcess said:

I disagree RG3.

There is ZERO outrage regarding the 50 plus people shot over the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago

Blacks today have more opportunities than those during the MLK era yet they do Less with More.

This isn't a racial issue. It's a moral breakdown of an entire community that for decades have allowed Government handouts to drive their behaviors and decisions.

Where's the outrage about the multi generational breakdown of a father/mother households. How often have we glorified sports stars, rappers, tv stars as role models who father kids with many different women or who leave the families all together.

Where's the outrage about the mass murdering each day of black babies via planned parenthood? Black abortions make up the largest percentage of babies killed each day. Over 2,000 babies aborted PER DAY in the US.

Remind yourself that Black Africans captured and sold blacks all around the world. In fact, the smallest percentage of blacks sold into slavery was in the US. Don't forget that Asians were sold into slavery. Eastern whites sold into slavery. This isn't a single race issue throughout history.

What happened in MN is awful. No human being should be treated that way and those accountable will be tried in court - as we live in a country with due process.

What all people should be asking is why is there just so much hatred in the World today?

And before you all call me a bigot or racist. I've been to Africa more times than most people have travelled outside of the US working with an organization that takes unwanted black babies to nurture up a new generation of leaders to break generations of suffering.

As well, my best friend is black and is married to a white person. Not that color matters. We are all children of the same father.
Lol, the I can't be racist my best friend is black card. Your statements are full of enough holes, I'm not gonna poke at them.
PartyBear
Good for Marcus Sedberry! I was there as well.
ImwithBU
As a black man I will address this. This line of thinking is part of the problem. Fact is most races are killed by their own race. Whites kill whites. Blacks kill blacks and so on. It's proximity, it's the reason most investigations begin with the family and close family ties. Check the crime and FBI database if you need proof.

The problem with your argument is black on black crime is controlled by blacks. That's on us to clean up. Cops killing blacks is on cops. You can't tell the victim not to be a victim. you can't tell someone who is oppressed not to be oppressed, it's up to the oppressor to stop that situation.

And spare me with the all lives matter bull***** No one is saying all lives don't matter. But your life isn't the one at risk. Assume you live in a neighborhood and your house is on fire. The fire department shows up and sprays your neighbors home but does nothing for your home, because all houses matter. Of course your neighbors house matters but your neighbors house isn't on fire, yours is.

We have to have talks about how to keep your hands visible when pulled over. How to keep your registeration visible, how to keep your wallet visible. I'm a doctor riding around with a Baylor alumni plate because my family feels this lowers cops anxiety levels when they pull me over for driving a nice car while being a young black guy.

I don't expect you to understand because it's not your life. Just like I don't understand what a Muslim or Jew goes through in this country. But I don't understand how people always try to justify black people being Murdered by cops. This guy supposedly had a counterfeit bill or something of that nature. Yet you have a guy shoot up an entire church Killing several( yea he was white) and he gets handcuffed and his day in court.
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
It confuses me how some do not seem to have empathy for the African American community. The totality of their experience in America has been horrifying.

I think some believe that once they gained legal equal rights everything was equalized and now it's "their" fault for not getting out of poverty without acknowledging as a community they were set so far back by the history of slavery and second class status.

Take two minutes to listen to MLK talk about the notion of the African American community lifting themselves up by their boot straps.

Johnny Bear
TrustTheProcess said:

I disagree RG3.

I'm sure you will be vilified and mocked by some because you're questioning the popular narrative that we're all supposed to just shut up and blindly accept, but I just wanted to commend you on the ton of truth that is in your post. Regardless of the racial makeup of the perpetrator and the victim, the atrocity that happened to George Floyd should be viewed completely as a heinous act by an American against another American - especially in 21st Century America. The perpetrator (again, regardless of his race) has a right to due process and also deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law if found guilty through that due process and the victim along with his surviving family members (again, regardless of his/their race) deserve justice. Like everyone else in their right mind, I fully support the right to PEACEFULLY protest this incident and PEACEFULLY demand justice (I could do without the constant obscenity and vulgarity, but do realize the first Amendment protects even things I find offensive), but there is no justification whatsoever for defacing/damaging/destroying property and attacking completely innocent business owners along with other citizens that had nothing to do with the incident. Using all of this to stoke and incite racial unrest and/or using it to indict all law enforcement officers or our country in general as being completely racist toward people of color is as destructive as it is ridiculous and needs to stop.
boognish_bear
Mr Tulip
ImwithBU said:

As a black man I will address this. This line of thinking is part of the problem. Fact is most races are killed by their own race. Whites kill whites. Blacks kill blacks and so on. It's proximity, it's the reason most investigations begin with the family and close family ties. Check the crime and FBI database if you need proof.

The problem with your argument is black on black crime is controlled by blacks. That's on us to clean up. Cops killing blacks is on cops. You can't tell the victim not to be a victim. you can't tell someone who is oppressed not to be oppressed, it's up to the oppressor to stop that situation.

And spare me with the all lives matter bull***** No one is saying all lives don't matter. But your life isn't the one at risk. Assume you live in a neighborhood and your house is on fire. The fire department shows up and sprays your neighbors home but does nothing for your home, because all houses matter. Of course your neighbors house matters but your neighbors house isn't on fire, yours is.

We have to have talks about how to keep your hands visible when pulled over. How to keep your registeration visible, how to keep your wallet visible. I'm a doctor riding around with a Baylor alumni plate because my family feels this lowers cops anxiety levels when they pull me over for driving a nice car while being a young black guy.

I don't expect you to understand because it's not your life. Just like I don't understand what a Muslim or Jew goes through in this country. But I don't understand how people always try to justify black people being Murdered by cops. This guy supposedly had a counterfeit bill or something of that nature. Yet you have a guy shoot up an entire church Killing several( yea he was white) and he gets handcuffed and his day in court.

I consider it like this.

I'm a 6'0" 210lb athletically built white male. When I go downtown at night or get in an elevator or other functions, I do it with a certain carefree attitude. I'm not particularly intimidating, and I don't try to be. Bullets and knives go into me like anyone else, so I'm not invulnerable. I just move with a certain freedom.

My wife, not surprisingly, is female. She's 5'4". Her world looks different than mine. She assesses situations not necessarily out of fear, but with the understanding that certain things just "aren't a good idea". According to the rules, she should have the same freedom of movement that I do, but that is just not the case.

I have to think that people with dark skin live in a similar, but much more intensified, world. I don't know what that world truly is, and can really never know. I think I can help by realizing that these worlds exist. Our system has been teaching us all that black skin is threatening all our lives. It's on each of us to unlearn that lesson. It won't happen overnight, but it will never happen if we don't recognize it and commit to working on it.

George Truett
Timbear said:

Just a wild guess, but I think it might have something to do with our racist history of oppressing blacks.

Again, just a guess.
Stefano DiMera
These things move at glacier like speed...when this generation of racist kids born in the 60s and 70s who were taught that by their parents dies off..then it will get better
jbbear
boognish_bear said:

It confuses me how some do not seem to have empathy for the African American community. The totality of their experience in America has been horrifying.

I think some believe that once they gained legal equal rights everything was equalized and now it's "their" fault for not getting out of poverty without acknowledging as a community they were set so far back by the history of slavery and second class status.

Take two minutes to listen to MLK talk about the notion of the African American community lifting themselves up by their boot straps.

Just out of curiosity, can you explain how the Jews survived and have subsequently thrived after atrocities way worse than anything suffered in this country? I'll give you some hints.....family structure and education.
boognish_bear
jbbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Just out of curiosity, can you explain how the Jews survived and have subsequently thrived after atrocities way worse than anything suffered in this country? I'll give you some hints.....family structure and education.

I'm going to assume you didnt take time to watch the video where MLK talks about how the history of the African American experience in this country has differentiated their experience as compared to other immigrant or minority groups.

Those that can convince themselves to believe it's mostly the fault of the African American community for not doing better will find it easy to not have empathy for their plight....
boognish_bear
RJ Sneed's mom replying to Hanspard

Jorkel
Timbear said:

Probably because when Tyrone murders Antwan and gets caught, Tyrone goes to prison for life but when officer Bob murders Antwan and gets caught, he gets paid administrative leave.
boognish_bear
Johnny Bear
jbbear said:

boognish_bear said:

That and while they understandably and appropriately don't want anyone to forget the Holocaust along with an even longer history of persecution and bigotry against them, they realize that the Holocaust got defeated and they don't continue to live like it's still going on, while blaming it for every unfair or bad thing that happens to them in life.
Johnny Bear
George Truett said:

Timbear said:

Just a wild guess, but I think it might have something to do with our racist history of oppressing blacks.

Again, just a guess.
And from a societal standpoint, the USA has done about as much as humanly possible to eliminate further systemic oppression/mistreatment of blacks over the course of the last half century plus - but please carry on with your false narrative.
PartyBear
I am very pleased to see that Sedberry and Tang ( I would imagine that there are others from Baylor athletics as well) participated in the protest in Waco yesterday.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Associate AD Overshown said she has been proud of the statements she has seen from BU staff members.

She said that she and Sedberry are meeting with Baylor athletes tonight to talk about the issues and reactions

boognish_bear
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.