Football
Sponsored by

Football season. Yea or Nay?

12,161 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Russell Gym
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoCoreyell said:

Bears2Canes said:

PartyBear said:

Speaking of Abbott, blackie you can blame it on the feckless politicians like Trump and Abbott who feared the maskless crowd and did nothing to to make any kind of reopening safe and anything but essentially temporary. The only leadership the people in Texas have had through this has come from local leaders like Mayor's and city councils and County Judges and county commissioners courts. To this day there is a refusal to lead by anyone over the local level in this state.
Abbott buckled when the anti-maskers marched on the state capitol. This never should have been a political issue--just listen to the experts. As someone who regularly deals with local governments all over the state, I think you are 100% correct that they have salvaged what they could with local orders. Especially smaller entities.
Health experts can tell you what activities are likely to spread the disease and the likely impact in magnitude and severity. They cannot tell you how much infection is "worth it" when it comes to shutting down the economy. That is essentially a policy call that can be informed by the experts opinions, but there isn't a "follow the science" answer as to whether you should allow, for example, the retail sector in Texas to simply go out of business forever. It is all cost-benefit analysis.

Now some calls seem easy. Any responsible politician/leader should have said to the anti-maskers that they needed to grow up and mask up, and passing out a fine for those not wearing in a pandemic is perfectly reasonable. Similarly, when the George Floyd thing turned into endless marches, the politicians should have been very clear that, while they understood the reasons for the march, this couldn't happen now because a lot more people than George Floyd would die by these actions. Leadership has been sorely lacking from all quarters.
I agree but you do know these protesters and radicals are not listening nor do they care. Oh we can stop it but then our president would catch hell for it.
boognish_bear
Man....we are freaking going backwards. Damn it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/26/texas-bars-restaurants-coronavirus-greg-abbott/
Squatch Hunter
I do not know how many D1 programs will survive without television revenue. Perhaps we play in the spring?
Big12Bear
OsoCoreyell said:

Health experts can tell you what activities are likely to spread the disease and the likely impact in magnitude and severity. They cannot tell you how much infection is "worth it" when it comes to shutting down the economy. That is essentially a policy call that can be informed by the experts opinions, but there isn't a "follow the science" answer as to whether you should allow, for example, the retail sector in Texas to simply go out of business forever. It is all cost-benefit analysis.

Now some calls seem easy. Any responsible politician/leader should have said to the anti-maskers that they needed to grow up and mask up, and passing out a fine for those not wearing in a pandemic is perfectly reasonable.
The mask cultists fail to comprehend that the masks actually serve as incubation centers for the virus. And if you think it prevents you from getting the virus, it'd be akin to trying to prevent a mosquito from coming in your yard by putting up a chain link fence.

Even Fauci and co initially admitted that a mask would not do ANY GOOD AT ALL before pivoting and they're continuing to make it up as they go.

Critical thinking skills are not present in sheep.
PartyBear
Squatch Hunter said:

I do not know how many D1 programs will survive without television revenue. Perhaps we play in the spring?
Hopefully. Honestly I hope so for all the college student's sake. I have a kid in college and I think this whole thing sucks for these kids.
Michibear
Big12Bear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Now some calls seem easy. Any responsible politician/leader should have said to the anti-maskers that they needed to grow up and mask up, and passing out a fine for those not wearing in a pandemic is perfectly reasonable.
The mask cultists fail to comprehend that the masks actually serve as incubation centers for the virus. And if you think it prevents you from getting the virus, it'd be akin to trying to prevent a mosquito from coming in your yard by putting up a chain link fence.

Just wear the dang mask.

Squatch Hunter
Same here. He is doing landscaping work but otherwise bored to death and chomping at the bit to get back to campus life,
Wichitabear
Big12Bear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Even Fauci and co initially admitted that a mask would not do ANY GOOD AT ALL before pivoting and they're continuing to make it up as they go.

historian
Bearprof said:

We have been told for 40 years the folksy tale that somehow the government is the enemy.
Because all too often the government is the enemy of law abiding people. And it's been far longer than 40 years. The American Revolution was fought against a tyrannical regime. The Confederates thought they were fighting against tyranny while perpetuating an even greater tyranny of their own. Of course they were wrong.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
blackie
Big12Bear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

You do know that wearing a mask is not to protect you, correct? It is an attempt to protect me from you.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

Squatch Hunter said:

Hopefully. Honestly I hope so for all the college student's sake. I have a kid in college and I think this whole thing sucks for these kids.
I am shocked to learn this. No offense, but I thought for sure you were in your mid to late 20s.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
blackie said:

PartyBear said:

Speaking of Abbott, blackie you can blame it on the feckless politicians like Trump and Abbott who feared the maskless crowd and did nothing to to make any kind of reopening safe and anything but essentially temporary. The only leadership the people in Texas have had through this has come from local leaders like Mayor's and city councils and County Judges and county commissioners courts. To this day there is a refusal to lead by anyone over the local level in this state.
But it became political from the git-go when on the very day it was recommended by the medical people to wear masks, it was no sooner out of Fauci's mouth than Trump proclaimed he wasn't going to wear one.

Some revisionists history here . . . CDC and Fauci first said that masks would not protect you from the virus and in fact were more dangerous because people would touch their faces more often.

Sending conflicting messages is never advisable.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
blackie
GrowlTowel said:

blackie said:

PartyBear said:

But it became political from the git-go when on the very day it was recommended by the medical people to wear masks, it was no sooner out of Fauci's mouth than Trump proclaimed he wasn't going to wear one.

Some revisionists history here . . . CDC and Fauci first said that masks would not protect you from the virus and in fact were more dangerous because people would touch their faces more often.

Sending conflicting messages is never advisable.
My answer probably wasn't clear. The mask is an attempt to keep the germs of the wearer better contained so they don't get to someone else. I think they were correct at the start that if the virus was headed your way, the mask wouldn't do you a lot of good, but the other person wearing it might keep those germs to themselves. People may have taken it to mean me wearing a mask would protect me. I don't think that is what they were talking about.
Jack Bauer
37 Clemson football players have tested positive for Covid.
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer said:

37 Clemson football players have tested positive for Covid.

Dabo always gunning to be on top of college football
boognish_bear

"I don't think it's the music gatherings that are spreading this. I don't know what's causing it, I'm not a scientist or doctor or anything like that, but I don't think people hanging out in bars and having a few beers socially is causing a spike in cases," Nash said.

The group is planning a peaceful protest, dubbed BLM for Bar Lives Matter, at 5 p.m. Sunday at the ballfield in Ross.
boognish_bear
Wichitabear
boognish_bear said:

Russell Gym
Agree. No football this fall, if I had to wager.
boognish_bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Wichitabear said:

boognish_bear said:

Honky Tonk Lives Matter??? That is BULL S H I T!!!!!!! All Lives Matter!
historian
Calm down people. It's called satire.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jack Bauer
historian said:

Calm down people. It's called satire.
Satire is dead. The only comedy allowed is Trump jokes.
Dia del DougO
aggy is already designing the banner for "tied for national championship 2020."
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Wichitabear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Wichitabear said:

boognish_bear said:

Honky Tonk Lives Matter??? That is BULL S H I T!!!!!!! All Lives Matter!
lololol I forgot
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
PartyBear
boognish_bear said:

If you turn it sideways we are real close to flattening the curve.
boognish_bear
PartyBear
Hmm.... I'm not sure there is enough time at this point for things to substantially improve. In states such as Texas and Florida, the state governments will use the time to create more disaster.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

Hmm.... I'm not sure there is enough time at this point for things to substantially improve. In states such as Texas and Florida, the state governments will use the time to create more disaster.
Agree with this post 100 percent but am a little shocked it came from you. So you are admitting that Covid-19 is being politicized at this point? Or perhaps my sarcasm meter is broken.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Russell Gym
PartyBear said:

There is time. Pack 1,000 to 3,000+ into close quarters for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. That will help six weeks from now to kill it off for good.
LTbear
BearTruth13 said:

This year SUCKS

Finally something that all of Sic'em365 can agree on
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.