Story Poster
Photo by Baylor Football
Baylor Football

Ten Things: Baylor At West Virginia

October 3, 2020

Baylor travelled to Morgantown to take on the Mountaineers October 3. The Bears haven’t won in Morgantown and it didn’t change today:

1. If you could erase the first quarter tape the offensive line would burn it before erasing it.
  2. Terrel Bernard‍ continues to make incredible plays
  3. If it could go wrong, it has in the first half. Missed blocks, missed throws, missed field goals, but West Virginia has been generous with turnovers as well.
  4. What a sack by Raleigh Texada
  5. John Mayers missing wide ride and then sliding one right and CLANGA 
  6. Offensive line woes continue to start the second half
  7. The offense is stagnant and the defense keeps bailing them out
  8. John Lovett‍ scored
  9. Officiating shouldn’t decide this game and Baylor allowed it to be for much of the game
  10. Fields for WVU should be suspended for the first half of the next game for the hit on RJ Sneed‍. Prayers for a recovery from a possible concussion 
  11. Josh Fleeks‍ saving the day 
  12. FREE FOOTBALL
  13. Ben Sims‍ is a tight end and the new offense uses one
  14. Get ready for Oklahoma State
Discussion from...

Ten Things: Baylor At West Virginia

8,704 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by baylorfan59
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You have one of the best receiving RBs in college football, you can't control the ine, QB can't throw deep, holds too long and telegraphs, yet Ebner somehow isn't a major part of the game plan.

I don't get that.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Mitch Henessey
Our interior OL is going to cost us more games than just this one.
IowaBear
Mitch Henessey said:

7 more to be exact
Bear8084
IowaBear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

7 more to be exact

Games haven't been played yet.
Bear8084
Mitch Henessey said:

True if they don't get better. But flip side is they don't have to play against that Dline each game.
Timbear
If y'all blame this loss on the OL, you're crazy. Fedora's O is terrible and Charlie was terrible . Grande better get a hold of this O situation, or he'll rival Rhule's bad record in 2017.
Bear8084
Timbear said:

If y'all blame this loss on the OL, you're crazy. Fedora's O is terrible and Charlie was terrible . Grande better get a hold of this O situation, or he'll rival Rhule's bad record in 2017.

How many sacks and QB scambles did they allow today?
BayouCity
Timbear said:

Is the OL part of Fedora's offense?

Yes. Yes it is.
coldhardtruth
If you don't put a large part of the game on the Oline, then please just admit you only focus on where the football is during the game.
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
BUGWBBear
Particularly next week
LIB,MR BEARS
Penalties and failing to stretch the field.

I really like what Bradley-King did in the game
Green&GoldStandard
Who sucks more? Fedora or the OL???

Who is the OC???
Timbear
If Grande let's this O disaster continue much longer, we'll be questioning his ability.
BayouCity
Let's put this in perspective... did Briles take WVU to 2OT in Morgantown? Did Rhule?

I know it was a total sh*t show on the OL, but we're two games into this season and some of you are getting your pitchforks already.

Give it some time.
IowaBear
BayouCity said:

Let's put this in perspective... did Briles take WVU to 2OT in Morgantown? Did Rhule?

I know it was a total sh*t show on the OL, but we're two games into this season and some of you are getting your pitchforks already.

Give it some time.

The counter to that is the fact this is a bad bad WV team don't kid yourself 4-6 is their ceiling. Briles went against some pretty solid WV teams
Bear8084
IowaBear said:

BayouCity said:

Give it some time.

The counter to that is the fact this is a bad bad WV team don't kid yourself 4-6 is their ceiling. Briles went against some pretty solid WV teams

Which ones? 2015 sure, but 2012-2014 they were at best 7-6. A 2014 7-6 WVU team pretty much shut him down.
IowaBear
Bear8084 said:

IowaBear said:

BayouCity said:

Give it some time.

Which ones? 2015 sure, but 2012-2014 they were at best 7-6. A 2014 7-6 WVU team pretty much shut him down.

7-6 is still7-6 this WV team is much much worse then a 7-6 team.
Bear8084
IowaBear said:

Bear8084 said:

IowaBear said:

BayouCity said:

Give it some time.

I'll wait until the season is over before making such generalizations. Folks on here thought Iowa State and LSU were dead in the water after the first week.
IowaBear
Bear8084 said:

IowaBear said:

Bear8084 said:

IowaBear said:

BayouCity said:

Give it some time.

I'll wait until the season is over before making such generalizations. Folks on here thought Iowa State and LSU were dead in the water after the first week.

I'm an ISU alum I coulda told you they were far from dm dead in the matter. Campbell always lays eggs early and turns the jets on.
It's hard to make any other generalizations with the product we've seen so far. Could that change? YES
BluesBear
Watch the game tape over again...Charlie holds the ball too damn long..throw to the space.
drahthaar
Whatever the other mistakes, the O line got physically massaged and appeared to miss too many assignments the entire game. Start there with the corrections.
longtimebear
Timbear said:

Disagree Timbear. Football is all about the line of scrimmage. Even a poor offensive scheme can get by with some hosses up front. But, I will say, Fedora could do a hell of a lot better.
Chamberman
Timbear said:

It starts with the O-Line. Until that get's fixed, we don't have a chance, no matter what plays are called.
baylorfan59
Okla State will only underline the issues with the offense this week...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.