Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: Defensive end Carmello Jones becomes the second commit in Baylor's 2022 class

January 19, 2021

Baylor received a commitment in the 2022 recruiting class as Orange (TX) West Orange-Stark defensive end/outside linebacker Carmello Jones‍ announces his decision on Tuesday afternoon. He earned the Baylor offer on Friday and then made his decision on Tuesday.

“I feel like I won a state championship,” he said. “I feel that they have my best interest at heart.”

Jones becomes the first commit in the 2022 class to announce his commitment since May when Kaian Roberts-Day‍ gave his pledge to the Bears. Jones is the second commitment in the class.

2022 BAYLOR FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound versatile prospect finished his junior season with 75 tackles, 10.0 for loss, 9.0 sacks, and two forced fumbles. Jones was a unanimous First-Team All-District selection after his dominant season.

At West Orange-Stark High School Jones has been playing alongside 2021 Baylor signee and early enrollee Tyrone Brown‍. The two have a good relationship and Brown has talked to Jones about Baylor plenty of times in the past.

Jones might be the commit Baylor needed to get some early momentum rolling in the 2022 class.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Defensive end Carmello Jones becomes the second commit in Baylor's 2022 class

6,019 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GA_BearDawg
SJ8999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woo hoo!
Wishing you a FULL recovery, EJ!
EatMoreSalmon
He looks bigger than 210 in the video highlights, somehow.
CalmJohn
GA_BearDawg
I really like a lot of what I saw in the video! But, his stance and first step needs some work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.