Football
Sponsored by

LSU to hire 3rd party to investigate sexual assault claims

8,708 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon St may join KU as collateral damage in the LSU wake

RegentCoverup
it's interesting how these supposed 'advocates' and 'rape profiteers' are so concerned with justice that they'll toss around victim's names for the sake of book sales and a speaking career.
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The national press is keeping this in the headlines longer than I thought they would

RegentCoverup
I'd be open to hearing this as a case, but it needs better journalists covering it.

From the article, Title IX offenses include rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence and stalking.

what they don't mention is the process in which those determinations were made.We're supposed to simply assume that the Title IX investigation for these offenses was as thorough as the U.S. Criminal Code. Here is the point to remember, it's not. These are loose investigations at best.

That's the question many are asking. Can Universities police themselves? Probably not, but the situation won't be helped by kangaroo courts and a lack of due process. These situations need the review of courts with real judges and attorneys, not administrators.

Simply put, these are Title IX profiteers at work. They want money, power and a book deal.

Notice the discussion of justice is scant.

boognish_bear
PartyBear
The Oregon State president (president of LSU formerly) has resigned.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
PartyBear
It is amazing that LSU is taking no action but at least two other universities have over LSU's scandal. Is it that everyone associated with it is already long gone from LSU?
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

It is amazing that LSU is taking no action but at least two other universities have over LSU's scandal. Is it that everyone associated with it is already long gone from LSU?

PartyBear
Do they have the same AD as then? If not where is he?
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

Do they have the same AD as then? If not where is he?
He resigned as AD in 2019 and apparently is Special Assistant to the President for Donor Relations at LSU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Alleva

He was AD at Duke when the lacrosse scandal broke and he canned the coach. Maybe that's why he's gotten a pass so far.
Aliceinbubbleland
Alleva was the LSU AD at the time who told the Board of Supervisors that he believed they had enough evidence to fire Les Miles before anyone knew of Miles' behavior. That was a year or two before Alleva actually fired Miles.

Joe may not be perfect but he tried at a place known for skirting the rules. I will say LSU football has never been on probation nor has Arkansas. I don't know if that's because they cover better than the rest or they truly try to avoid illegal activity (save for LSU basketball).

I do know that Art Briles accusations pale compared to most other football factories like LSU.
Branch155
Not to derail this thread, but is there an article somewhere that recaps the Baylor scandal from a balanced, reasonable, fair point of view? I have read the Deadspin and ESPN articles.
RegentCoverup
Branch155 said:

Not to derail this thread, but is there an article somewhere that recaps the Baylor scandal from a balanced, reasonable, fair point of view? I have read the Deadspin and ESPN articles.
In a few years, someone will eventually write that article.

But until now, the media hasn't been willing to tackle the complexity of it nor discuss social justice warriors.

But give it time.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Coach O may be in the cross hairs next

boognish_bear
The finger pointing has begun

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.