Football
Sponsored by

Jon Gruden resigns after emails leaked

14,833 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Timbear
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

ImwithBU said:

Osodecentx said:

ImwithBU said:

Osodecentx said:

boognish_bear said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

OriginalUniversityOfTexas said:

bear2be2 said:

bear2be2 said:

bear2be2 said:

And I'd be fine exposing everyone else with a similar past. These mentalities need to be purged from sports and society at large.

Langsam, kleiner Hitler.
Yawn. The modern-day Nazi sympathizers are on your side.

Little boy, you know not what you speak of. You're a brownshirt.
It wasn't my incel buddies at the "Unite the Right" rally in Charleston chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil." But don't let facts stop your gaslighting.

So you think I'm right wing because I don't think we should remove people from society for wrong think?

Please tell me what the **** I have in common with random people in Charleston.

Why are you being so aggressive? You know else hated a particular group of people and wanted them purged from society? I'll give you a hint. He was Austrian.
No one's been removed from society. And as far as I know, no one has called for anyone to be removed from society.

Jobs aren't guaranteed. You either meet your employers standard or you get let go. There's not a person here who wouldn't have been fired from their jobs for doing the same thing Gruden did. Companies get to choose who represents them. And most don't want representatives saying the **** Gruden did.

If you want to make him a martyr, that's your prerogative. But the truth is he's just a raging ******* who got caught. That you feel a weird need to defend him and others like him is your problem.
I just want the same standard applied to all NFL & NBA employees

This was an employment decision made by the Raiders…not the NFL.
I understand
I just want the same standard applied to all NFL & NBA employees

He loss his job and he should have. Sometimes you make an example out of the big name. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. The NFL has moved on, you probably should do the same
I haven't watched an NFL game in years. I moved on from them a long time ago.

Why do you oppose the same standard being applied by an employer? Or do you?

I don't oppose it. I just see why people are wasting their energy trying to excuse his actions. He has to be one of the dumbest SOB in the league to leave a paper trail via the company email system.
(I assume you mean "don't" see)
I'm not excusing it. If this is the standard, then let's hold every employee in the NFL to the standard. Is this unreasonable?

You keep mentioning "the standard." What is the standard, in your view?
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Robespierre is alive and well.
Timbear
Aranda has mentioned the team's Standards for playing well on O and D. Also, the team's Standard for effort and teamwork. So, when Ar says "we played to Standard", as in the BYU game, I think he means they played to their expectations. I think he wants a good win to be a matter of course because that is their standard. IMHO

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.