Story Poster
Baylor Football

Gameday Thread: Baylor faces Oklahoma State in Big 12 Championship

December 3, 2021

New Members: Try SicEm365 1 year for $35!

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

Baylor (10-2) and Oklahoma State (11-1) meet for a rematch of a regular season contest for the Big 12 Championship game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Saturday at 11 a.m. CT. The game will be aired live on ABC. 

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “Every Sunday you got a brand new team. So you play on Saturday and so taking lessons learned, taking confidence gain, maybe doubt is crept in, maybe belief is strengthened, maybe questions are answered. And so I think to get to where you're going, you have to start where you are. And that is probably harder to do. Might be easy to say. So to start with what's real and the things that since that game that we have grown in, since that game the things that we've regressed in, and then how much of that has been due to that game. I think we've seen that  game plan a couple times over since that game. So there's been growth through adversity, there's been contested catches made, there's been the ability to run block on the perimeter with skill positions, there's been the ability on defense to get a four man rush effectively.”

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

Oklahoma State — Quarterback Spencer Sanders

I almost went with return man Brennan Presley and special teams here as I think that’s an area that could shift the outcome. But I can’t exclude Sanders after his three-interception performance against the Bears back in early October. Fortunately for the Denton Ryan alum, his defense allowed a total of zero points off those turnovers in a 4-point win. In addition, Sanders’ running ability helped make up for his passing woes, as he totaled 76 yards on 12 carries, and helped illuminate the Bears’ woes in defending quarterbacks on the run. 

Baylor — Linebacker Terrel Bernard

One significant difference from the last meeting is Bernard’s availability for the Bears. His presence alone frees up others. Matt Jones filled in for an injured Bernard admirably in Stillwater as he and Dillon Doyle combined for 31 tackles and three tackles for loss. But, nothing compares to having a well-versed and multi-skilled star-like Bernard in action. I expect him to make life challenging for Spencer Sanders.

Pregame Show | Saturday 9:00 a.m. CT

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: Baylor faces Oklahoma State in Big 12 Championship

65,220 Views | 992 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
mdanderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any word on the status of our starting quarterback? I'm very pumped about the game. I will be there with my nephew. Go Bears. Also, anyone know if a local Dallas radio station will broadcast the espn 1660 am pregame show. Thanks.
Jack Bauer
JumboShrimper
Not sure on that but watch the 365 pregame instead. It's way better imo.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
mdanderson said:

Any word on the status of our starting quarterback? I'm very pumped about the game. I will be there with my nephew. Go Bears. Also, anyone know if a local Dallas radio station will broadcast the espn 1660 am pregame show. Thanks.

You can always download a radio app like ooTunes and listen through that on your phone

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ootunes-radio-record-alarm/id302782364
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
mdanderson
Positive Bear said:

Not sure on that but watch the 365 pregame instead. It's way better imo.

Thanks
mdanderson
boognish_bear said:

mdanderson said:

You can always download a radio app like ooTunes and listen through that on your phone

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ootunes-radio-record-alarm/id302782364

Thanks for the tip.
IowaBear
Well fellas it's Gameday. As the saying goes there's just 1 thing left to do and that's win the whole damn thing. Gonna sit back crack a couple cold ones and just enjoy the game today win or lose. Go Bears from good ole Ames IA
ImABearToo
Sic Okie Lite! Let's roll Bears.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
vanillabryce
Let's win.
boognish_bear
Bryceb
Spencer Sanders guaranteed a win against Baylor
I got OSU 35 Baylor 21. Hate it but we will be back this is only Arandas second season hard to believe. Still a ton to play for win or lose we should be playing Bama if they lose.
boognish_bear
Johnny Bear
Bryceb said:

Spencer Sanders guaranteed a win against Baylor
I got OSU 35 Baylor 21. Hate it but we will be back this is only Arandas second season hard to believe. Still a ton to play for win or lose we should be playing Bama if they lose.

Hate to agree, but I do. Hope we're both wrong.
JustWinBears
So any word yet on Bohanon or is it a true game time decision?
gobears20
Staff
We don't have much pressure on us at all. The media is hardly talking about us.
Jack Bauer
gobears20 said:

We don't have much pressure on us at all. The media is hardly talking about us.

Sounds eerily similar to the media before the OU game..
Jack Bauer
StatMan
It's going to be an intense battle today in the Big XII Championship Game. Wish I could be there, but will be enjoying all the action here at my residence in Waco. SIC 'EM, BEARS!
boognish_bear
Casual college football fans probably going to be surprised to see such a low scoring defensive battle in the B12 CCG
IowaBear
Hammered the under on several of today's games
Bryceb
Just said Blake is starting. Welp we lost on to the sugar bowl
boognish_bear
Bryceb said:

If our defense comes up big we can still be in this game. Don't write us off before the kick.
JustWinBears
Bryceb said:

You're acting like Blake has been terrible? Obviously having Bohanon's experience would have been a more ideal situation, but Blake hasn't played bad by any means.
Big_Pumpin
Bummer about Gerry. You know he's sick about missing this game.

Glad it's an 11 o'clock start. I can hardly wait another hour.
Oldbear83
Bryceb said:

Oh ye of little faith ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear
Big_Pumpin said:

Bummer about Gerry. You know he's sick about missing this game.

Glad it's an 11 o'clock start. I can hardly wait another hour.

No kidding….I feel like I'm in detention. I've been up since 7AM and every time I look at my watch it seems stuck.
Jack Bauer
Bryceb said:

Are you serious?
Jack Bauer
FWBear91
So far feeling like an away game. I hope more Baylor fans show up.
gobears20
Staff
JumboShrimper
In my seats enjoying my mixed drinks. Cmon bears make this trip worth it. Sic em.
boognish_bear
gobears20 said:

Sounds like our D will be full strength

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.