Fuddruckers closing

11,573 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by PartyBear
SoonerFrogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the only suitable replacement is Bert's Hamburgers
TXSVT

Wade
Baylor Bear Foundation Board of Directors
whitetrash
Mike E said:

Drove past the U-P location this afternoon. Saw a similar piece of paper on the door but didn't get close enough to investigate.
cowboycwr
whitetrash said:

Waco's latest chain restaurant casualty: saw a couple of posts that Fuzzy's Taco Shop supposedly shut down both locations yesterday, joining such other recent chains that are reasonably successful elsewhere (but not here) such as:

Five Guys
Pei Wei
Smashburger
Which Wich

(Zoe's Kitchen not included because it was shut down nationwide when folded into Cava)
I think a lot of it has to do with the location they all opened in.

Instead of going for the interstate traffic they went with in town traffic. Which can be successful during week days but not so much weekends/ dinners.

Especially, when it is a location that can be hard to get in and out of, or is not really near other restaurants so people don't think of them when talking about dinner or looking to dinner and something else as they weren't around much else.

Then of course they missed out on the Baylor student's because they aren't along 35, near the shopping, movies, etc. and even Target is considered "too far" away for some Baylor students.
Localbear
All of the restaurants above I don't think really do well anywhere. Probably only just surviving in big population areas. Five Guys is the only one that I would consider good out of that list, but Waco has a lot of burger places and Five Guys is pricey. Fuzzy's was always horrible food.

I'll keep beating the drum for Cowboy Chicken needing to come here. Would do well with all the demographics in Waco.
FranchiseBear
I liked Cowboy.l Chicken for what it was but it has notdone well in the locations I'm aware of. Closed in at least Lubbock ( 2 locations including a campus location) and Katy.
Yogi
Fuzzy;s is the worst of the Taco chains.

But I checked and the Temple location was still open as of this past Monday,
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
william
need to crowd fund here and open:

BaylorFans Bar & Grille.

- KKM

D!
POE.
BaylorGuy314
I don't really know why the Fuzzy's never took off here. Particularly, the Hewitt location had a great bar/patio setup with a bunch of TVs. Seemed like it would be an easy game-watching spot with beer/tacos/nachos/etc. I have to assume that crowd in Hewitt just migrated over to George's for gameday.
Bear Doc
BaylorGuy314 said:

I don't really know why the Fuzzy's never took off here. Particularly, the Hewitt location had a great bar/patio setup with a bunch of TVs. Seemed like it would be an easy game-watching spot with beer/tacos/nachos/etc. I have to assume that crowd in Hewitt just migrated over to George's for gameday.

Half the time they were so short staffed they either didn't have a bartender or someone working the front counter to take orders. COVID was not good to them.
BaylorHistory
Also while George's doesn't have amazing food, it is significantly better than Fuzzys.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Moved2Texas
Fuddruckers in North Austin by Lakeline Mall and one in Round Rock on I-35 shut down when the Covid lockdowns happened and never reopened.
Not from Texas but got here as soon as I could!
Baylor Dad to a Grad...Alum by Choice
PartyBear
BaylorGuy314 said:

I wish Torchy's would take over that spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.