Hamburger

20,476 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorGuy314
Banned BarleyMcDougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

PartyBear said:

Hat Creek out on 84 in front of the Hollywood Theater is pretty good. Started out as a food truck in Austin and went brick and mortar there and decided to try a little expansion into Waco. I think it is pretty good.
It's alright, but it's laughably expensive. I think I spent close to 15 bucks for a burger, fries and a drink. If you're going to compete with Whataburger, et. al. then I'd think you'd need to hit a certain price point. This place doesn't.

I'm really good at making "they ain't gonna last long" predictions. Hat Creek is on the list. Of course, it's a pretty easy game in Waco because the clientele is very consistent.

Their niche isn't really fast food. I don't think. I think of them more as a burger joint version of chacho's if you know what that is if not it is a San Antonio Tex Mex chain only down there as far as I know. Hat Creek has beer and several TVs had college football on all of them when I went in October. They aren't really trying to be Whataburger or Burger King.
Here's my response to a fictitious Hat Creek rep:

"Yeah, but it's 15 bucks for a freakin burger...DUDE!"

I get what you're saying though.
Gunny Hartman
RebelT said:

I can't speak for Hat Creek anywhere else, but Hat Creek in/around Austin is hot, smoldering garbage.

Completely agree. There's a hat creek about 6 minutes from my house in Frisco. Went there once and got burgers for my family of 7 and we were underwhelmed. We won't be going back.
trey3216
Gunny Hartman said:

RebelT said:

I can't speak for Hat Creek anywhere else, but Hat Creek in/around Austin is hot, smoldering garbage.

Completely agree. There's a hat creek about 6 minutes from my house in Frisco. Went there once and got burgers for my family of 7 and we were underwhelmed. We won't be going back.
Family of 7? You should be taking them out to eat at Sam's for the $1.59 jumbo hot dogs
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
LIB,MR BEARS
Health Camp has now reopened after their fire.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
trey3216 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RebelT said:

Family of 7? You should be taking them out to eat at Sam's for the $1.59 jumbo hot dogs
He didn't mentioned he split 2 of the burgers 14 ways
BaylorGuy314
Hat Creek is nothing more than a family-friendly, playground-based eatery that panders to parents. I've got young kids. When I want to do something with another couple that also has young kids that neither of us can shed for the evening, you go to a place like Hat Creek.

However, I'll tip my hat to them - they know what the heck they are doing. It's expensive and it's just "ok" food but that concept is golden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.