Tex-Mex

18,138 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Abuelita's in the old Pancho's location is not bad at all.

Good on queso and good on quesadillas - two necessaries.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
airforcebear
IASIP Rocks said:

canoso said:

Gold Tron said:

My son and his friends like El Charro Tapatio off 17th and Waco Dr. It is inexpensive and good quality authentic Mexican food. They go there after Church frequently.
What you said. Another place near there is El Ranchito on out Waco Drive at about 23rd Street.
Ranchito is legit. El Con's enchiladas set the standard for good ol' greasy Tex-Mex imho. The fajitas cucos at Los Cucos are really good. Big fan of the pork carnitas and bean dip at Hecho en Waco. The fish dishes at Sergio's are fantastic, although the atmosphere is horrible. The plato pacifico is my personal fave. Don't forget Leal's (off Estates in Woodway). The chili topper was roughly 85% of what I ate in high school, and their queso is my favorite in Waco. Finally, the elefante at Lolita's...mmmmmm...
I love Ranchito.....in the old Howard Johnson's building, I believer. BTW..."Ranchito #5" !!
BBWCBear
Brian Ethridge said:

I'm partial to a great greasy plate of enchiladas and a crispy taco while in town. El Conquistador and the El Con Deluxe usually fits the bill when I'm needing to just bury in and chow down. I know some are partial to La Fiesta, Trujillo's, and more. Don't want to hear about a chain like Rosa's in the discussion, but what are your favorite places and dishes around town.
Giant Taco Rico Special EVERY time, my favorite of Ted's. Miss him, I ate at his first location in late "60's in the little strip center, where Camille Johnson's Real Estate office is now, across from Marco's in Midway center. It was just him, wife and one kid running around. I like Heche for an alternative.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BBWCBear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

I'm partial to a great greasy plate of enchiladas and a crispy taco while in town. El Conquistador and the El Con Deluxe usually fits the bill when I'm needing to just bury in and chow down. I know some are partial to La Fiesta, Trujillo's, and more. Don't want to hear about a chain like Rosa's in the discussion, but what are your favorite places and dishes around town.
Giant Taco Rico Special EVERY time, my favorite of Ted's. Miss him, I ate at his first location in late "60's in the little strip center, where Camille Johnson's Real Estate office is now, across from Marco's in Midway center. It was just him, wife and one kid running around. I like Heche for an alternative.
Did Ted pass? Saw him a few years ago, but missed the news if he did pass.
CTbruin
Yes. As did Mary

The kids are running the show

See em every Monday around 6 in the "bar" dining room on W Waco Dr

Anybody is welcome to join us.....except.....well you know who you are
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Well, sad news to hear that.

The kids will keep the tradition alive.
Mothra
Campeche Bakery. Had the best breakfast burritos ever (along with the hottest salsa).
CorsicanaBear
Don't bother with El Paso Grill in the former Tony Roma's/B Dub's on Franklin. Food is meh. Service is not that good.
Illigitimus non carborundum
ABC BEAR
I won't frequent a greasy joint unless it has a bottle of Kaopectate on the table with the other condiments.
trey3216
ABC BEAR said:

I won't frequent a greasy joint unless it has a bottle of Kaopectate on the table with the other condiments.

Ace & Gary Bear??
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearChick
Mothra said:

Campeche Bakery. Had the best breakfast burritos ever (along with the hottest salsa).

BC wipes away a tear. Man, I loved Campeche so much.
FirmBear24
That's ambiguous
BylrFan
Coming in here to say El Con is garbage.
CTbruin
BylrFan said:

Clueless

The Gonzales's have been successful at serving Tex Mex for over 40 years. Calling what they do "garbage " is really sad. And certainly uncalled for.
baylrballa
BylrFan said:

BylrFan
CTbruin said:

BylrFan said:

Clueless

The Gonzales's have been successful at serving Tex Mex for over 40 years. Calling what they do "garbage " is really sad. And certainly uncalled for.

No offense to them but their product is heavily outdated and has really gone downhill over the years. Especially in this market where there's a ton of better options in Tex-Mex for price/portions + quality.
4th and Inches
BylrFan said:

CTbruin said:

BylrFan said:

Clueless

No offense to them but their product is heavily outdated and has really gone downhill over the years. Especially in this market where there's a ton of better options in Tex-Mex for price/portions + quality.
name them...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.