Downtown Waco

13,303 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by forza orsi
Grinnin bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorGuy314 said:

whitetrash said:

Yogi said:

baylrballa said:

I still can't believe people argue with a straight face that the Ferrell center parking lot is a better location.
I don't know, I'd think your face would have to be at least a little straight to appreciate the potential of this:

That is actually a very close replication of Purcell Pavilion at Notre Dame.

Notre Dame's done it

Notre Dame's athletics complex isnreally well done. Honestly, their entire campus really is one of the 4 or 5 nicest campuses I've been to. So smart to have the basketball arena, the hockey arena, and the football stadium all compact. With alot of parking right there.
cowboycwr
Swart Dra said:

The arena downtown will be an utter fail. This is such a dumb decision. It should be with the other sports venues.
I don't think it will be a fail. I do think it would have been nice to have it next to the other sporting venues and keep all the sports in the two locations along the river right there.

But the location is not bad. Just past the Robinson tower and close to many places that students live downtown. It is also closer to the older dorms on that side of campus. Even the ones along 8th street like Collins, memorial, alexander, etc. are closer to that then the FC. Then you have Penland, Martin, Brooks, The north village that are all really close. The FC site is really only close to the apartments over there and the new East village.

So the distance to student housing seems like a non point when you really look at all the different locations of student housing.

Parking wise/traffic wise it will be difficult but no more so than going to the football stadium.
Wichitabear
baylrballa said:

I still can't believe people argue with a straight face that the Ferrell center parking lot is a better location.
me either
T-REX
Swart Dra said:

The arena downtown will be an utter fail. This is such a dumb decision. It should be with the other sports venues.
downtown will be filled with babies!!!!!
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
trey3216
T-REX said:

Swart Dra said:

it'll be an udder fail
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BUbearinARK
trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Swart Dra said:

it'll be an udder fail
So many just latch on to the idea of sucking
Wicked_Wombat
Why are people concerned if the BB areas is on the city side? >75% of BU's student live off campus and wouldn't walk to Ferrell either. Why cater to the Freshman class only? People who come into town for games want access to the amenities (hotels; restaurant; entertainment) the city side has to offer.
T-REX
Wicked_Wombat said:

Why are people concerned if the BB areas is on the city side? >75% of BU's student live off campus and wouldn't walk to Ferrell either. Why cater to the Freshman class only? People who come into town for games want access to the amenities (hotels; restaurant; entertainment) the city side has to offer.
ask Kim
Baylor MBA 2023
cowboycwr
Wicked_Wombat said:

I think the location is fine but I think people that wanted it by the FC were also thinking about the student housing at that end of campus (the apartments) between U parks and about 12th street. But probably just as many students live in the apartments and loft on the other side of 35 as well so I don't get that thinking.
T-REX
cowboycwr said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

I think the location is fine but I think people that wanted it by the FC were also thinking about the student housing at that end of campus (the apartments) between U parks and about 12th street. But probably just as many students live in the apartments and loft on the other side of 35 as well so I don't get that thinking.
honestly the student argument is comical seeing as how few attend most games sadly. Those that do and will attend are going to attend regardless of location.
Baylor MBA 2023
Stranger
BUbearinARK said:

Swart Dra said:

The arena downtown will be an utter fail. This is such a dumb decision.
Please explain. Are you advocating a ferrell location or no new arena?

Kim thought so too.
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger
Swart Dra said:

Distance has nothing to do with it.

"Sports corridor" is what needs to be created.

35 kills that.

FCS was closer to pat neff than it was to Ferrell

maybe we should re- route I-35
I'm a Bearbacker
cowboycwr
T-REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

honestly the student argument is comical seeing as how few attend most games sadly. Those that do and will attend are going to attend regardless of location.
Oh I agree completely. BU could build the new arena in the middle of campus, with covered walkways into it directly from dorms that are right next to it and most students still would not attend.
Stranger
blah, blah. blah. Three pages of blah, actually.

Ten years from now, smart people will wonder why Baylor didn't build it where they're gonna put Hurd's Howdy Hut? Talk about a poor use of campus real estate.
I'm a Bearbacker
Wicked_Wombat
And...wasn't the BB areas put "on hold" in August with OU.UT announced their departure from the B12? Is it back on? And...has a decision even been made as to where it would be build...its all speculation at this point, correct? [new guy here...bear with me]
T-REX
Wicked_Wombat said:

And...wasn't the BB areas put "on hold" in August with OU.UT announced their departure from the B12? Is it back on? And...has a decision even been made as to where it would be build...its all speculation at this point, correct? [new guy here...bear with me]
funding through the city is current hold up as its still being negotiated. If city puts up the money then it will be next to Robinson tower. Next regents meeting also isn't until Nov so that has held up any new announcements
Baylor MBA 2023
trey3216
Stranger said:

BUbearinARK said:

Swart Dra said:

The arena downtown will be an utter fail. This is such a dumb decision.
Please explain. Are you advocating a ferrell location or no new arena?

Kim thought so too.
Kim is wrong.
trey3216
Stranger said:

Ten years from now, smart people will wonder why Baylor didn't build it where they're gonna put Hurd's Howdy Hut? Talk about a poor use of campus real estate.
That would be ideal, but there won't be city funding or entertainment value at that corner. Your delusions of failure are well known, and you'll be proven wrong, again again again.
T-REX
trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

That would be ideal, but there won't be city funding or entertainment value at that corner. Your delusions of failure are well known, and you'll be proven wrong, again again again.
he is no stranger to being wrong
Baylor MBA 2023
cowboycwr
trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

Wasn't stranger the one who said we would never build a football stadium on campus and leave FCS?
BUbearinARK
cowboycwr said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

Wasn't stranger the one who said we would never build a football stadium on campus and leave FCS?
Ut fans come on here and say all sorts of crazy stuff.
Edmond Bear
Stranger said:

Yeah, putting the doorway of the university at the doorway of the university is stupid. This whole thing will fail just like you said McLane would fail.

trey3216
Edmond Bear said:

Stranger said:

Yeah, putting the doorway of the university at the doorway of the university is stupid. This whole thing will fail just like you said McLane would fail.

Lil Matty and Lil Dave will never win. Only Father Art can lead us
BaylorHistory
Anyone tried out Pivovar yet?
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
CorsicanaBear
Have not tried Pivovar but want to. It the restaurant open (looking forward to the Czech/Texas fusion food promised) and/or the beer garden?
T-REX
CorsicanaBear said:

Have not tried Pivovar but want to. It the restaurant open (looking forward to the Czech/Texas fusion food promised) and/or the beer garden?
there is a thread started by someone else that just went on the cave I believe
Baylor MBA 2023
forza orsi
BaylorHistory said:

Anyone tried out Pivovar yet?

I haven't been to restaurant yet, but I sampled all the beers a couple of months back and they're legit. The brewmaster knows what he is doing. They claim they brew the way the monks did it 200 years ago. Don't ask them what they think of IPAs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.