NCAA Tournament games -3-17 thread

6,965 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bear2be2
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a freaking night of NCAA tournament games.
Johnny Bear
Geez - what a finish! Didn't think TCU would have that much trouble with ASU but they still got the W. 5 out of 7 in the round of 32 for the B12. Not bad.
bear2be2
Mitch Henessey said:

This TCU-ASU game has been the most entertaining game of the tourney for me. Just crazy shot making on both ends.
There have been a bunch of good ones.

The FAU-Memphis game was great, too.
bear2be2
Johnny Bear said:

Geez - what a finish! Didn't think TCU would have that much trouble with ASU but they still got the W. 5 out of 7 in the round of 32 for the B12. Not bad.
Arizona State had two great shooting nights in the tournament. They played high-level offense in both of their games.
Mitch Henessey
I hate how repetitive all the commercials get in the tournament broadcasts, but BWW playing "Ante Up" in their ads will never get old. That's one of the best rap songs/intros/choruses of all time.
historian
Mitch Henessey said:

This TCU-ASU game has been the most entertaining game of the tourney for me. Just crazy shot making on both ends.

What I saw of it was entertaining but so was the FDU win over Purdue, the first half of Gonzaga v Grand Canyon, & the second half of our game. I probably should have changed channels earlier since the K State game was not as close. I didn't see enough of the Creighton v NC State game.

March Madness is lots of fun!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Mitch Henessey
No bad options. Best 4 days of the sporting calendar year. But, I will say, your team making the second weekend is even better. Let's hope we take care of business on Sunday.
historian
Amen to that!!

Sic 'em Bears!!
And the Lady Bears too! They play Bama tomorrow.
Jayman1963
Mitch Henessey said:

No bad options. Best 4 days of the sporting calendar year. But, I will say, your team making the second weekend is even better. Let's hope we take care of business on Sunday.
6:10 tip on TBS - BU 1.5 point favorites
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Coles calls game. Frogs will give the Zags all they can handle on Sunday

Who do you think wins?
IowaBear
Had TCU in the S16 in my bracket. Think their athleticism will cause the Zags all sorts of issues
ScottS
I do hope TCU takes down Gonzaga, even though TCU hates us.
Johnny Bear
ScottS said:

IowaBear said:

Coles calls game. Frogs will give the Zags all they can handle on Sunday

Who do you think wins?

I'm thinking the frogs.
Johnny Bear
historian said:

Mitch Henessey said:

What I saw of it was entertaining but so was the FDU win over Purdue, the first half of Gonzaga v Grand Canyon, & the second half of our game. I probably should have changed channels earlier since the K State game was not as close. I didn't see enough of the Creighton v NC State game.

March Madness is lots of fun!!

Amazing how this tournament never disappoints. There were very few games throughout the entire first round that weren't truly entertaining for at least a half or more. Even the aggys blowout loss was fun - because it's always entertaining to watch them get drilled!
BusyTarpDuster2017
WHO did #1 Purdue lose to? Harley-Davidson University?? You've got to be kidding.

That's the one thing I fear about being a #1 seed - you face a scrappy team who's got nothing to lose. The fear of losing is only yours. Like Art Briles used to say, I'd much rather fight a man who lives in a mansion than a guy who lives out of his van.

historian
Thankfully, we passed that test 3 years in a row. I know we aren't a #1 seed this year but close enough. We beat the scrappy double digit seed & handily. Not only that, but several players were great in the second half.

And then there is Caleb Lohner. 'Nuf said!
bear2be2
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

WHO did #1 Purdue lose to? Harley-Davidson University?? You've got to be kidding.

That's the one thing I fear about being a #1 seed - you face a scrappy team who's got nothing to lose. The fear of losing is only yours. Like Art Briles used to say, I'd much rather fight a man who lives in a mansion than a guy who lives out of his van.

You've just got to put those teams away early. The longer you let them hang around, the more likely you are to get upset because the entire arena is rooting against you by the end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.