2024 March Madness thread

5,993 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a place to add interesting MM stuff...not necessarily BU related

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Stefano DiMera
So the East is the Group of Death.
Hotsauce
I haven't been high on ISU all year. They just aren't as potent away from home.

I like one of BYU or Tehc to make a longer run as far as B12 teams go.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
IowaBear
Virginia vs Co St tomm night could be a sneaky good play in game
boognish_bear
william
who are the negro caballos?

PA.

- UL

discuss amongst yourselves.

Go Bears!
boognish_bear
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Virginia vs Co St tomm night could be a sneaky good play in game
If you like defense. Virginia's snail-paced, inefficient offense is pretty hard to watch, but they get after you on the defensive end.

I think Colorado State should win. But if they don't, it likely won't bode well for the rest of the Mountain West teams (not called San Diego State, anyway), who all got seeded a spot or two below where most felt they would/should be seeded.
IowaBear
I'd have to go look at who their opponent is but I remember thinking that San Diego St looked like a juicy 5/12 upset.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

I'd have to go look at who their opponent is but I remember thinking that San Diego St looked like a juicy 5/12 upset.
I'm not basing it so much on this year's team as their history. That's the one Mountain West program that has experienced consistent tournament success. Unlike a lot of their teams -- like Boise State, which is a good program but always loses its NCAA opener -- they go into the tournament expecting to win. It doesn't always work out, but they've made enough runs over the past 15 years that you always have to watch out for them.
IowaBear
I haven't watched them much. But I don't expect the MW as a conference to make much noise. Do think NM can beat Clemson though
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

I haven't watched them much. But I don't expect the MW as a conference to make much noise. Do think NM can beat Clemson though
I think New Mexico is probably a more complete team than Clemson. But I think I'd rather face New Mexico after digging more into matchups. They don't shoot it well, while Clemson has an excellent inside-out combo with PJ Hall and Joseph Girard.

Given the strengths and weaknesses of our team, I'd rather face the team that has the harder time scoring efficiently.
IowaBear
PJ is a monster and exactly why I want NM is the rd of 32. They also have another really solid big. Name is slipping me
DP4LIFE
bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

I think New Mexico is probably a more complete team than Clemson. But I think I'd rather face New Mexico after digging more into matchups. They don't shoot it well, while Clemson has an excellent inside-out combo with PJ Hall and Joseph Girard.

Given the strengths and weaknesses of our team, I'd rather face the team that has the harder time scoring efficiently.
Interesting that UNM is currently a 1.5 point favorite over Clemson.
boognish_bear
bear2be2
DP4LIFE said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Interesting that UNM is currently a 1.5 point favorite over Clemson.
New Mexico is the much better defensive team. And they have a lot of guys who score for them. But their guard play isn't great. Their top two guards -- Jaelen House and Jamal Mashburn (looks like a smaller version of his dad) -- are both volume scorers. Both are below 40 percent from the field and around 33 percent from 3.

New Mexico has a good team. But I think we might match up pretty well with a squad that only shoots 33.4 percent from 3-point range as a team.
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

I'm surprised the spread is wider on the McNeese-Gonzaga and James Madison-Wisconsin games. Those are both really tough 5-12 matchups, too.
boognish_bear
That would suck

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Mostly to folks in the 803 and 515 area codes.

Then again, a bunch of us (myself included) bought 2013 FF tickets in New Orleans before the tournament started. I think I managed to sell mine at a slight loss, but lots of folks ended up eating theirs. IIRC, after BU and Stanford lost and there were two upstarts (Cal and Louisville) in the FF, attendance was only about 13k-14k in an 18k seat arena for the finals.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Sounds a little familiar

bear2be2
Wrong thread
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.