2024 March Madness thread

5,996 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Congrats to NC State for sending both men's and women's teams to the Final 4!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
GoodOleBaylorLine
So glad Rick Barnes lost. Will hate that guy forever for what he did to Drew and the program with the NCAA investigation.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Big12Fan2024
Wouldn't it have been nice if Zach Loveday would have developed over his time at Baylor the way Zach Edey did at Purdue? The both were fairly close in recruiting assessments.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

Wouldn't it have been nice if Zach Loveday would have developed over his time at Baylor the way Zach Edey did at Purdue? The both were fairly close in recruiting assessments.
Which only proves how really bad a lot of recruiting assessments are, especially for 7ft.+ at age 17-18.
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

And in the 5 previous matchups, #1 is 4-1.
TWD 1974
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

And in the 5 previous matchups, #1 is 4-1.
hmm, wonder who was the #1 that lost...
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Not sure this is a bomb… I think we already knew this

Big12Fan2024
TWD 1974 said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

Which only proves how really bad a lot of recruiting assessments are, especially for 7ft.+ at age 17-18.

Or perhaps when they got to college they actually were about equal, but one had fire in his belly to improve, get better, spend hour upon hour in the gym and pursue basketball, while the other really never cared for basketball, never really put much time into getting better and essentially just coasted his entire time with no real desire to play basketball beyond high school but it was means to get college paid for.
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

TWD 1974 said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

Or perhaps when they got to college they actually were about equal, but one had fire in his belly to improve, get better, spend hour upon hour in the gym and pursue basketball, while the other really never cared for basketball, never really put much time into getting better and essentially just coasted his entire time with no real desire to play basketball beyond high school but it was means to get college paid for.
I agree that it is a necessary though rare thing today to have an 18-19 year motivated to make the kinds of development we saw in a Quincy Acy and Mark Vitals. That said, I can't remember my first time seeing Edey play, but it has been a few years, and the only thing that he and Loveday had in common, basketball-wise, were they were both tall.
historian
boognish_bear said:

Not sure this is a bomb… I think we already knew this

Yes, most people were aware of this or at least strongly suspected.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jack Bauer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.