Cryer

7,390 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Baylor17
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People..not saying you..but people in general don't read or get the whole story.

Right after his 'second round ' comment he immediately responds to the Baylor troll and said ' I rooted and watched you guys all year and was pulling for you' ..but no one read that comment.
IowaBear
Yes because everyone should believe everything coming out of LJ Cryers mouth.
BluesBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

If you're getting NIL and you're 22 years old, the whole "attacking a kid" argument doesn't really work. That's lost as soon as they accepted playing for money.

Ok, but are you the type of person who would go on Twitter and ridicule him and defend it with "well he's making money so I can do what I want."

Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
I would if that player is taking pot shots at Baylor...Free game.
Jorkel
BluesBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

If you're getting NIL and you're 22 years old, the whole "attacking a kid" argument doesn't really work. That's lost as soon as they accepted playing for money.

Ok, but are you the type of person who would go on Twitter and ridicule him and defend it with "well he's making money so I can do what I want."

Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
I would if that player is taking pot shots at Baylor...Free game.

Exactly, social media is an online forum. Talk a little trash and expect it back. Especially when it comes to sports especially college sports. Honestly this whole thread is all about nothing. An ex girlfriend found a new boo, and wants to throw out a little jab at their ex. Who cares.
TXBEAR_bf
Totally fair, not on Twitter so can't read the post or responses. I don't really care either way. Does not impact my life. I would just hope kids leaving the program would not talk bad about it. It is really more a reflection on the person than the program. Just like leaving a company…zero benefit to bad nothing. Cryer is young so I would give him grace in the situation. Hope he finds peace where ever he lands.
Oh, and the for people criticizing the booing at our place…what were fans to do, cheer for him? I think he could take that in stride. I doubt our fans would go all Tech on him and storm the team bus before or after the game. During the 40 minutes it's all fair game, then handle your self with class afterwards.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
bear2be2
Quinton said:

I didn't know it went that far. I do know there was negative energy and some animosity at our young talented players. Beyond actual accounts, it was obvious from the demeanor and approach. I do know there was overestimation of ability. I do know this wasn't his first choice (Purdue) and it was souring from the start. Didn't know it got that deep though.

The PG messaging during the transfer was just PR to look positive and rational. Yes, they would have liked him to be featured at point.. but they aren't completely delusional. That was a secondary issue.

I do know a more hard lined uncompromising approach (Sampson as Hou) was probably a better place for him.. the constant positivity and vocal staff/coach dynamic was not a good fit. The get in line or get out approach is a better fit. One thing for Sampson, he does not deal with an ounce of attitude after the very early stages. Also having Shead to smooth out the transition was good for him.
I think you underestimate the point guard stuff. I had an exchange with a family member of his shortly after he transferred resulting from a tweet in which I stated he wasn't a point guard and Houston would find that out quickly if they tried to play him there. I was talking to a random Houston fan and he responded.

The family member insisted he was -- based on his pre-college success at the position -- and that I didn't know ball. Needless to say my tweet aged like fine wine and I never heard from the guy again once the season started.
Quinton
bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

I didn't know it went that far. I do know there was negative energy and some animosity at our young talented players. Beyond actual accounts, it was obvious from the demeanor and approach. I do know there was overestimation of ability. I do know this wasn't his first choice (Purdue) and it was souring from the start. Didn't know it got that deep though.

The PG messaging during the transfer was just PR to look positive and rational. Yes, they would have liked him to be featured at point.. but they aren't completely delusional. That was a secondary issue.

I do know a more hard lined uncompromising approach (Sampson as Hou) was probably a better place for him.. the constant positivity and vocal staff/coach dynamic was not a good fit. The get in line or get out approach is a better fit. One thing for Sampson, he does not deal with an ounce of attitude after the very early stages. Also having Shead to smooth out the transition was good for him.
I think you underestimate the point guard stuff. I had an exchange with a family member of his shortly after he transferred resulting from a tweet in which I stated he wasn't a point guard and Houston would find that out quickly if they tried to play him there. I was talking to a random Houston fan and he responded.

The family member insisted he was -- based on his pre-college success at the position -- and that I didn't know ball. Needless to say my tweet aged like fine wine and I never heard from the guy again once the season started.

Maybe overstating a little bc it's a goofy idea. I didn't say they weren't somewhat delusional, just not completely.

I look at actions and those contradicted their words. They chose Houston. One of very few schools with a long established veteran pg in the program. Like literally the last or second to last place in the country a point hopeful would go to display their skills.

And they knew Shead well which makes the reasoning even more nonsensical. There was zero prospect to play significant minutes at the point. They understood the basics here. They were just telling themselves feel good stories

Maybe it's a two year plan to play that 5th yr when/if Shead moves on. Still a nonsensical plan but I don't doubt at least some of the crew thought he could prove himself at pg and then go pro.
True Grit
From the looks of those Twitter feeds, it looks like his family tweets a lot. Those tweets from his mother are wild.
DallasBear9902
Any one know if he gets a fifth Covid test of eligibility or was he part of the first class that didn't get it?

I don't have much to add to this convo, but it was pretty startling to hear Fran openly talking on a broadcast about LJ having his heart set on Purdue but the offer never came through and he ended up at BU.

I've said it before around here, but Painter has to be one hell of a recruiter because I know another big time recruit that was wowed by Painter and staff, even though the offer never came through.
boognish_bear
I have seen quotes from him on Twitter that he's considering coming back to Houston next year…so he must have a year left
Crawfoso1973
Very interesting.

At the time I thought he probably approached the coaches about transitioning to PG the way Flagler had done the year before. I think when the coaches told him no that sealed the deal as far as him bolting.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Funny, bunch of Nancys here worrying about others attacking Cryer. Cryer's post was completely classless and clearly trolling our program. I wouldnt bother, but he clearly deserved some mean tweets. Guys a hero in his own head and a classless diva to everyone else. Hope that young man matures into a better man.
Bearfan21
No but if LJ and his family are going to throw shade at Baylor and his former teammates, they should expect backlash from Baylor fans. Most fans aren't going to be the lame "We'll support all former bears forever even if they transfer in conference and trash talk the program".
ScottS
LTBear19 said:

Depends.

He might wear those
TeamPlayer
Cryer is Cryer. He plays well in certain situations. He's occasionally a no-show. When UH needed him to step up as a senior leader when Shead went down, he did OK, nothing memorable, and they lost. He's not a on-court or locker room leader, but I don't see him as a team cancer either.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Bearfan21 said:

No but if LJ and his family are going to throw shade at Baylor and his former teammates, they should expect backlash from Baylor fans. Most fans aren't going to be the lame "We'll support all former bears forever even if they transfer in conference and trash talk the program".

Or you could just ignore it?
curtpenn
Stefano DiMera said:

Whether he's getting paid or not is completely irrelevant..the fact that grown men on this thread..some probably old enough to be his grandfather are throwing shade or getting into a twitter battle with him.is kinda pathetic.

Why is it pathetic? Isn't this all just for entertainment value anyway? We are talking about people playing games after all.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

Or you could just ignore those that are calling out a paid semi pro for being a classless @$$. Cryer getting mean tweets for his stupid statement, so what?
EvilTroyAndAbed
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

Or you could just ignore those that are calling out a paid semi pro for being a classless @$$. Cryer getting mean tweets for his stupid statement, so what?

You're right. I'll back off. You have fun battling 21 year olds on the internet.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

You're right. I'll back off. You have fun battling 21 year olds on the internet.

Glad I could help you see things right. As for battling a 21 year old @$$ that belittles BU, I'll leave it for others to do the good work. I choose to spend my time here enlightening this group.
IvanBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Bearfan21 said:

You are quite literally doing this daily on these message boards, the irony in you simping college basketball players is hilarious.
Big12Fan2024
Why wouldn't he come back and why would it matter if he got to play PG or not? LJ will be selling insurance in a year or two so he will make a lot more money playing for UH next year than he would sitting behind a desk at GEICO and doing auto and home insurance telesales.
contrario
Big12Fan2024 said:

Why wouldn't he come back and why would it matter if he got to play PG or not? LJ will be selling insurance in a year or two so he will make a lot more money playing for UH next year than he would sitting behind a desk at GEICO and doing auto and home insurance telesales.
He is getting a degree from UH. I'm sure there are a lot of very high paying jobs with an "integrated studies" degree. Ok…you're right…GEICO it is for LJ.
Stefano DiMera
Is what entertainment... twitter? I stay off that cesspool of idiocy.

My entertainment is watching the games.
DaboBear
Please stop posting about this.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
DaboBear said:

Please stop posting about this.

Posting about what?
Cryer being an @$$ troll or the mean tweet BU fans?
DaboBear
lol. All of it. From what I've heard and read he wasn't exactly a culture of joy guy. Good riddance.
oldbear69
When u transfer out for pure selfish reasons, and become the friend of my enemy, u become my enemy...and that goes for "mayhem Mulkey"....
curtpenn
Stefano DiMera said:

Is what entertainment... twitter? I stay off that cesspool of idiocy.

My entertainment is watching the games.

Twitter, Sic'em, Facebook, etc. are all at least partially entertainment. Particularly insofar as social media of any kind (and mainstream media) are related to games. Are you not entertained (here)? lol.
TeamPlayer
Cryer's returning to Cougar High for one more season.
Big12Fan2024
So LJ decided it was UH over GEICO.

I remember in the dorms freshman year I actually had guys trying to convince me LJ was a 1 and Done or at most he was gonna declare for the draft after his sophomore year. Well here we are 5 years later now and he's still in school.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Well… I'm guessing Foster will be even more welcoming next year
bear2be2
Big12Fan2024 said:

So LJ decided it was UH over GEICO.

I remember in the dorms freshman year I actually had guys trying to convince me LJ was a 1 and Done or at most he was gonna declare for the draft after his sophomore year. Well here we are 5 years later now and he's still in school.
Cryer will have a career waiting for him overseas when he's done at Houston. He's not an NBA player, but he'll play professionally.
Baylor17
LJ this you?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.