#1 Recruit AJ Dybantsa

4,126 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Big12Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor made his top 7 and he will be here for a visit Oct 4-6.

Big12Bear
ESPN Recruiting analyst has AJ with the most "NBA potential," while fellow BU recruit Yessoufou is "hardest playing."

IowaBear
Seems BYU is the fav for AJ. Rumors (keep in mind rumors) are his asking price is 3-5 million. That's just insane if true
IvanBear
Is he mormon? What makes BYU the frontrunner?
IowaBear
Plays in Utah at Utah Prep. Apparently loves the state in general. And from other boards he's not real interested in playing at a blue blood program.
None of this means a ton BU can absolutely sway him when he visits.
Quinton
IvanBear said:

BYU seems to be committing a ton of money to get guys and they have an nba guy selling that experience. They're in on a lot of guys and outside of us they might have the most talented young guys next year
JP1037
IowaBear said:

Seems BYU is the fav for AJ. Rumors (keep in mind rumors) are his asking price is 3-5 million. That's just insane if true

Good grief. That's insane.
TWD 1974
JP1037 said:

IowaBear said:

If he gets $5mm NIL, and falls to 10 spot or lower in the draft, he will be taking a salary cut to go pro.
DallasBear9902
IowaBear said:

What's wild is how exceedingly rare it is for a superstar freshmen to put you over the top for a national title.

You would almost certainly be better off spreading that cash around to experienced 22 or 23 year old young men who are excellent college players with no real shot at the NBA and pick up an experienced big.

I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills on programs splashing cash at players who maybe get you to the second weekend of the dance. Cooper Flag about to become a very interesting case study on setting the market for one and done players.
IowaBear
Yeah I agree! That's wayyy too much $$ for a freshman. Even one as talented as AJ.
EasyE
TWD 1974 said:

JP1037 said:

IowaBear said:

If he gets $5mm NIL, and falls to 10 spot or lower in the draft, he will be taking a salary cut to go pro.
Barring an injury, there is no way he falls below top 3 much less top 10.
Iron Claw
IowaBear said:

Plays in Utah at Utah Prep. Apparently loves the state in general. And from other boards he's not real interested in playing at a blue blood program.
Not interested in a blue blood but has 3 (counting BU) in his top 7?
IowaBear
BU isn't a blue blood. KU and UNC are widely considered long shots to land him.
Quinton
Iron Claw said:

IowaBear said:

Not interested in a blue blood but has 3 (counting BU) in his top 7?
Bu is new, not blue. This is a fit and $ play. Byu is making a big push in bball recruiting with their new staff and NIL committment.
Big12Fan2024
I believe Trilly already confirmed Bag U's biggest money offers went out to Peat and Yessoufou. Not likely to afford all 3.
Big12Bear
Big12Fan2024 said:

I believe Trilly already confirmed Bag U's biggest money offers went out to Peat and Yessoufou. Not likely to afford all 3.

Peat was originally supposed to be visiting here last weekend, but rescheduled for his final visit in late October. He's visiting 'Zona this weekend.
BUBear1994DFW
Still have a bad taste in my mouth about placing too much on 18 year-olds come March.
Big12Fan2024
BUBear1994DFW said:

Still have a bad taste in my mouth about placing too much on 18 year-olds come March.
I think Drew has the right model figured out with focusing on 1 or 2 top recruits and then surrounding them with experienced veterans. It just hasn't fallen our way the past couple of years because we were too reliant on the freshmen to be the featured players. He has it correct this year with 2 veterans in Roach and Omier as the features and then supplemented with Edgecombe with assistance from Wright and possibly Asemota and other returners. The unanswered question at this point is just has Drew put together an assistant coaching staff that can instill a defensive mindset into the team.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUBear1994DFW said:

I'll let Drew know.
BearBall
BUBear1994DFW said:

Still have a bad taste in my mouth about placing too much on 18 year-olds come
Wait...what?
LIB,MR BEARS
IvanBear said:

3-5 million
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.