Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

Five-Star Wing Tounde Yessoufou Commits to Baylor MBB

October 2, 2024

Five-star Santa Maria (CA) St. Joseph wing Tounde Yessoufou‍ committed to Baylor on Wednesday. He chose Baylor over Arizona State and USC. Head coach Scott Drew and Baylor’s staff offered Yessoufou in June, and he made his official visit to Baylor on August 30-31. 

The 6-foot-5 wing averaged 32.3 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.6 steals per game during his junior season. This past summer at Peach Jam, he averaged 21.8 points per game, solidifying his status as a top prospect in the class.

As a sophomore, he averaged 27.8 points and 10.7 rebounds. In his freshman season, he averaged 26.4 points and 12.3 rebounds.

He also held offers from Tennessee, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Washington, UCLA and Arizona, among others.

Yessoufou is a composite five-star prospect and a consensus top 20 prospect in the nation. His highest ranking is on On3, where he is ranked as the No. 11 overall recruit in the 2025 class.

Discussion from...

Five-Star Wing Tounde Yessoufou Commits to Baylor MBB

6,526 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TXBEAR_bf
Bearsalwayswin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scott>>>>>>
Big Bear
We have 14 on the roster and 2 Davidson and Yanis are WOs. Yessoufou will fill the roster. So, Peat is probably staying in AZ?
IowaBear
Are you factoring in the departing players after this season ?
Jacques Strap
great news!
True Grit
Amazing news! Go Bears and Coach Drew!
Big Bear
Yes, info from men's roster, 24-25 season. Also, I think scholarship limit is actually 13+. Several years ago Tang told me, if I remember correctly, the limit is 13.6. The rule is that every play on scholarship must be a FULL one. If this conjecture is correct, their may be another unit available. Hope someone else would jump in if they can expand, neg. or pos.
BluesBear
Starting in 2025-2026, NCAA is allowing 15 full scholarships for Men's and Women's basketball.
IowaBear
Tounde is part of the 25/26 roster not the 24/25 team
Big Bear
You are correct..sorry about that.
IowaBear
No apologies needed!
Quinton
Great pick up. Great defense and motor. Might even get a sophomore year but very real chance of 1 and done.

One more elite freshman with Wright, Asemota, Josh, Love, Celestine, the developmental guys, and two elite transfers. That's a top tier team especially considering after this year Iowa st and Houston will be tested at this level with the Covid year going away.
TXBEAR_bf
Does Love have two more years? Hard to keep track with injuries. He is going to our Perry Ellis.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Big12Bear
TXBEAR_bf said:

Does Love have two more years? Hard to keep track with injuries. He is going to our Perry Ellis.
Love should have this year and the following year remaining.
Chamberman
Great get!
TXBEAR_bf
Got it, thanks. I have to imagine his prospect of playing in the NBA is a long shot with the injuries. He could still play internationally and do pretty well for himself. I am a big Langston fan and hope he has a great year and can stay injury free. We need him this year to be a solid 10-12 point a game player. Obviously know he can go off for 20-30 on any given night. Talent is there.
Big12Bear
TXBEAR_bf said:

Got it, thanks. I have to imagine his prospect of playing in the NBA is a long shot with the injuries. He could still play internationally and do pretty well for himself. I am a big Langston fan and hope he has a great year and can stay injury free. We need him this year to be a solid 10-12 point a game player. Obviously know he can go off for 20-30 on any given night. Talent is there.
Yeah that tear his Freshman year in that scrimmage at A&M was a killer out of the chute. Think he had 12 points already at the time in that unofficial "debut." Worked hard and has persevered. I'm really rooting for him. He's very likeable and has overcome 3-4 significant injuries.
Quinton
The only thing missing was explosion and defensive development. The early knee tear was killer for both. I think Love would have developed into an nba player by his Jr or Sr year without the injuries. His scoring skill and physicality are that good.
TXBEAR_bf
Agreed. It will be interesting to see how he does this year. If he plays at the level he was last year, UCF game as an example he might still have a shot at being a 2nd round type player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.