Kim's silence on BG situation

40,996 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bone Squad
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And pointing out what I said is not a spray can of hate, it is fact and you just don't like it. Maybe you should try not to paint in such dramatic absolutes.
IowaBear
Congratulations your last sentence applies to every coach everywhere. Just say it how it is, you have an agenda against Mulkey, just like Sicem45 and a few other clowns. No point is trying to paint it otherwise, you act like she's this horrible person and horrendous coach. At least Sicem45 is upfront with his hate, you on the other hand…
Dcheetah
And that was my exact point, that all coaches can point to players that excelled, not just Kim.

An agenda vs Kim, that is laughable. I was one of Kim's biggest fans and supporters until she left the program. Go look at old posts to see that. But you are right, I do not like her because she tried to burn our program down on her way out the door and that is what turned me against her. Moderators have already confirmed that several times here, you just choose not to hear it.
Dcheetah
And I have never said she is a horrendous coach. Find one post where I have said that. She is a great coach and that cannot be disputed. After the way she handled her exit, I am glad she is no longer here.
ScottS
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ScottS said:

I'm still confused....is she in trouble? Or not in trouble?
Dude, chill. We get it. You're ticked off that Mulk left. Go buy some LSU gear and you'll be happy.

She's not in trouble. She'll still get some of the best recruits. She might win another NC. But those players will soon realize that if they say one thing the wrong way, she'll drop them like a stone. Especially when they have no more eligibility. She's not much in the forgiveness game. Must have missed that day in Sunday School.
I don't like LSU. That isn't my school.
baylor1984
Dcheetah said:

No one is saying Kim is not an excellent coach, the point was Alexis was given a 3rd chance because Kim needed her, not out of the goodness of her heart which was alluded to earlier. And everyone can point to players that excel under a coach but there have been a number of top players that did not.
How do you know what's in her heart? Besides that, coaches get/recruit players because they can help them win. Collegiate sports aren't some charities to just give out scholarships for no reason.
Dcheetah
Obviously I do not know her heart in that situation with Alexis but your actions usually follow your heart and Kim does not have a history of trying to help players that cannot help her. I do fully agree with your second point.
DFW Bill
DFW Bill said:

Dcheetah said:

She is playing for her because she is very talented and Kim needed a PG.
Morris was very good as a Baylor freshman, Kim kicked her off the team. Morris goes to Rutgers, didn't work out
then goes to Texas A&M, not good results either.

She ends up at LSU and plays great, why?????????

Maybe some of our in house experts can explain that.

Why did Bernice Mosby, Destiney Williams, Brooklyn Pope, Chloe Jackson, D Carrington, Tea Copper and others transfer to Baylor?

Was it the toxic Head Coach?

Some of you need to put down your spray cans full of hate. Think aboout why.
My exact words were "Some of you need to put down your spray cans……", Not all, most or Dcheetah.

I like Nikki and hope she exceeds Kim's championship's in all areas. Long time season ticket holder who continues to drive 200+ miles round trip to 90% of the home games.

No hate for anyone, even politicians.
IowaBear
One thing I will say in this thread, every single person posting in here wants CNC to be successful because that means Baylor has continued its winning ways. Don't think a single person wants BU to fail, if that's the case you were a Mulkey fan not a BU fan
Dcheetah
Agreed with all of that
Dcheetah
Understood. Thank you. You are a great long term poster and supporter of our team and I value your contributions to this board.
sicem45
Can we move on from Kim. She is irrelevant now. This is about CNC and Baylor

She has another dynasty in the making
Malbec
Dcheetah said:

Obviously I do not know her heart in that situation with Alexis but your actions usually follow your heart and Kim does not have a history of trying to help players that cannot help her. I do fully agree with your second point.
That's just not true. After all, she gave Justis Szczepanski a scholarship.

EBored
The interesting thing about this board is that Baylor is picked to finish 4th in the Big12 this year and there has been little discussion of it. It seems ridiculous to me that two years into the new regime and the program has lost so much ground so fast. When was the last time Baylor was picked 4th in the league? I think if this year's team makes the tournament it will be an accomplishment.
Brusinbear2001
The Big 12 is way better than it has been in years. We lost a Big 12 Player of the Year and another top 10 pick in the draft. I think because we lost better players than Texas they are not getting hit as hard in the polls. Also not to mention ESPN and the media is obsessed with Rori do not get me wrong she is a GREAT player truly a top point guard in the league. I think we brought in what we needed most and Texas brought in a lot of points and rebounds. I think we will shock the entire country and we will end up with a single-digit ranking by the end of the season. I also do think we will win the Big 12 again. Our coach is a FIGHTER and with this squad they will do great things.

People thought she couldn't Recruit the first year instead she has a top 10 class. A great portal class. People thought we couldn't come back from a 0-2 start in the Big 12 we did that. I guess the only thing we can be disappointed about is the NCAA tournament but we literally had to go against a team that had all the things that were our weaknesses. The main one is big guards. We just did not luck out with matchups and the tournament is only going to get tougher.
WacoKelly83
Please let this thread die. Go Lady Bears!!
Mothballs
WacoKelly83 said:

Please let this thread die. Go Lady Bears!!

Not until Kim gives sicem45 the attention he desperately seeks
EBored
Baylor traded in a Ferrari for a Prius.
WacoKelly83
Or out with old and tired and in with the fresh and new..
EBored
Old and tired has a top five recruiting class.
WacoKelly83
Good for her. She doesn't work here anymore so I don't care what she does. I'm much more interested in what our current coach is building at Baylor.

Go Lady Bears and Coach Nicki!!
billy21
Biden says a lot of things, but all wording he gives is seemingly WORTHLESS......
ScottS
I've heard, within this thread, that KM is in trouble.
TechDawgMc
This thread has been on life support for weeks. LET IT DIE.
ScottS
sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Nicki is pure class and a kind soul. We needed someone like her to lead this program. She will continue to make Baylor an elite program and recruits are taking notice. I promise you.

MAGA Mulkey will get nailed in recruiting down the road because of this. A simple "we hope you get home safe" would suffice but she doesn't care about her players

MAGA?
DFW Bill
ScottS said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Nicki is pure class and a kind soul. We needed someone like her to lead this program. She will continue to make Baylor an elite program and recruits are taking notice. I promise you.

MAGA Mulkey will get nailed in recruiting down the road because of this. A simple "we hope you get home safe" would suffice but she doesn't care about her players

MAGA?
Mother's Against Greg Abbott ?
ScottS
Sicem45 clearly says in that post that KM will suffer in recruiting.
IowaBear
Quit putting stock in anything he or she says…
EBored
Criticize the one who has accomplished everything and praise the one who has done nothing.
geewago
ScottS said:

Yet on this very page it was sicem45 that asked "Can we move on from Kim. She is irrelevant now". If sicem & AP would do that there'd sure be a lot less talk about her on here.
ScottS
geewago said:

ScottS said:

Yet on this very page it was sicem45 that asked "Can we move on from Kim. She is irrelevant now". If sicem & AP would do that there'd sure be a lot less talk about her on here.
Oh the irony.
IowaBear
Bingo! We have a winner!
Bone Squad
https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/lsus-kim-mulkey-on-brittney-griners-release-god-is-good/article_3278fec6-7729-11ed-92d5-8b40c1dc8dea.amp.html
Method Man
I honestly have no clue of the inner dealings that happened between Coach Mulkey and the admin....and quite frankly I don't care.

I will be always a fan of Coach Mulkey. I have a huge admiration for everything she accomplished at Baylor, and what she brought to this school in terms of prestige.

All that being said...Mulkey is not here anymore.
Its time to stop looking at the past. Now is the time to throw our full support behind Coach Collen, and her attempt for the Lady Bears to repeat as BIGXII Champions.

Classy statement from Coach Mulkey....I do like the word National Champions and Baylor University in the same sentence.

Quote:

Brittney Griner, the basketball superstar who won a national championship playing for Kim Mulkey at Baylor in 2012, is on her way home, having been released from a Russian penal colony.

And Mulkey whose relationship with Griner had cooled in public over the years offered well wishes upon the news.

"God is good. Prayers are powerful," Mulkey, who now coaches at LSU, told ESPN. "Brittney is on her way home where she belongs. Our prayers remain with her and her family as they recover and heal together."
Bone Squad
I just want to say that I 100% support Coach Collen.

But I don't foresee that any time soon I will not want to hear with is going on with Coach Mulkey, or Juicy Landrum, or Nina Davis, or Pierre Jackson, or Jared Butler, or Grant Teaff, or my old band directors Jeff Grogan and Barry Kraus. None of them are at Baylor now. Nor am I, for that matter. That does not present any dilemma for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.