"Lady Bears Have Pieces in Place for Another Run"

19,284 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by StatMan
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pale Rider said:

I pray your Thanksgiving is a beautiful day dear sister.
God bless and be with you and your family.
Thank you, Brother Pale Rider.
It was a very beautiful day.
Wishing you and your family the joy and comfort of His blessings .
slimecap
November 23, 2017

Baylor 100 vs Missouri State 58

QUOTES from KIM MULKEY

The Head Coach's feelings about returning to the sidelines
"being on the court and smelling all the sweat and hearing the tennis shoes. It's fun to be back on the sidelines."

Kristy Wallace & Alexis Morris
"I just thought Kristy Wallace being able to move to the 2 (shooting guard) some, it allows Alexis to push the ball up the floor and makes us a better team. Morris hit some big-time shots today, and she's also so quick. The faster she can grow up, the better we get."

Kalani Brown
"I thought Kalani passed the ball too much, quite honestly. She had too many layups at the rim, and she was throwing the ball back to teammates. . . . Kalani knows when she has to step up and finish those shots and quit passing and being nice."

Lauren Cox's health
"It's just good to see her healthy and back on the floor. Normally, when we get sick, we just have to wait and get well, maybe take a few pills. Lauren has to be monitored because of her diabetes. For that kid to come out here today and do what she did, I don't care who you play against, it's good to have her back."

Lauren Cox's blocks
"You don't want to take that part of her game away from her. If you do it under control where you don't pick up an unnecessary foul like she has in a couple games this year already, block all you want."

QUOTES from LAUREN COX

Blocks
"hype us up and it's exciting, and I love to get those."

Quick start
"We really wanted to get off to a quick start. We haven't been doing that lately. We knew that's what we needed to do. This game and the game on Saturday, we just need to get off to a quick start. That's what gets us going."

Link to the entire article from the Baylor WBB website
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/112317aaa.html
slimecap

GarlandBear84
What an experience though I'm not sure they all enjoyed it!
slimecap

slimecap
November 25, 2017

Baylor 80 vs Georgia Tech 57

QUOTES from KIM MULKEY

Summary
''Bottom line, as I told them, we won. We won a championship. I don't care where you are, championships are hard to come by. We're a team that carries Baylor across the chest, and we're not the same team we were as last year. But we're pretty darn good.''

Expecting physical play from Georgia Tech
''That's their style of play. ... I love that, but I want to be able to do it too.
I don't want to have Kalani sitting over there by me. (Brown had 3 fouls before halftime)
I thought we grew up a lot today. I thought Lauren Cox carried us, she and Kristy.''

QUOTE from KALANI BROWN

''It was tough, very physical. Georgia Tech was a great team, great athleticism and they gave us a challenge. I thought that what we lacked was the experience, so the press probably did startle us a little bit and it got us a little stagnant. In the timeout, coach made a few changes and we were able to break it.''

Link to the entire AP article from the Baylor WBB website
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/112517aaa.html
slimecap
`

`
Pale Rider
What would we do without your posts dear sister.
slimecap
Pale Rider said:

What would we do without your posts dear sister.
Hi Brother Pale Rider,
I appreciate your kindness so much. Wishing you a wonderful week !
Sincerely,
Sister slimecap
slimecap
`

Driving north on IH-35, I noticed this billboard on the east side of the freeway as I was entering Waco.

Sic 'em
slimecap
Kentucky 63 @ Baylor 90

Highlights

slimecap
Stanford 57 @ Baylor 81

Link for Baylor post-game press conference
http://www.baylorbears.com/collegesportslive/?media=567516

Highlights video

slimecap
SUPER MOON URSIN

bowdedg
slimecap said:

SUPER MOON URSIN

Love it! Thanks Slime!
slimecap
BREAK for FINAL EXAMS
Next game is Wednesday, Dec 13

slimecap
`

`
Eball
I am excited about this year! We are talented! I go game to game worried to death about injuries!

Moon is a bit raw but you can see the explosiveness and if we were not so talented at Guard already you could see her playing and while there maybe some rough moments she could compete.

Didi needs to be more consistent with her shot but what a confident kid and very mobile with good ball handling skills. She will continue to play because of her length and defense.

Alexis is a superstar in the making no doubt about it...but she is a freshman and so glad she has Kristy and Natalie and Juicy to learn from...as well as the coaches. She will still on occasion try and do to much or force an occasional bad shot but she will learn.

Juicy has blown me away with what she is doing. I just never really saw it last year at all...this girl can play and she is smart and does things the way she is coached to do them...She rebounds well for her size, shoots the three really well so far and makes the best wing entry passes to posts on the team! And trust me with our posts that is important.

We all have a good idea that Brown, Cox, Wallace, Chou and DC are going to do what they do and we understand how great Brown is and how much Cox has improved. If we can just stay healthy especially with Brown and Cox we are going to do very well against anyone we play!
Bone Squad
Eball said:

Juicy has blown me away with what she is doing...and we understand how great Brown is and how much Cox has improved.
I'm curious who others say is our Most Improved Player this year, particularly between Juicy and Cox. For me, it's Juicy. Cox had her moments where she was on fire last year, then would have several games where she was ineffective. Juicy, though, never really had a breakout moment last year, and I can hardly recognize her as the same player now. She has completely blown away my expectations for her.
slimecap

slimecap
`

`
StatMan
Alexis Jones should start over D. Cohen in Big XII play. Morris is developing faster than the other 3 freshmen, followed by Didi Richards. Kalani Brown is in better shape, and should handle the pudding of physical play in the conference. Lauren Cox has certainly improved from last season. If Kristy Wallace & Natalie Chou can hit enough 3-point baskets, this Baylor Lady Bears basketball team should reach the Women's Final Four.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.