Class of 2025 recruits

54,234 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would those NIL deals travel? Only closeby program I see is Illinois.
DFW Bill
The state of Iowa permits High School athletes to enter into NIL agreements and still considers them eligible to participate in High School athletics. Divine has entered into a contract with a Management Firm to represent her, in her NIL agreements. I would think her deals would follow her and get larger.

I don't think that NIL potential is always the deciding factor in selecting a school.

ZachTay
Need a dominate big.

Sic'em
Dcheetah
Thank you. Re NIL - Certainly not in all but in many top players. NIL and top 5 programs get their disproportionate number. We've lost top players to NIL but certainly some top players also use other criteria like relationships/play style/ coaching/ geography etc.

Wish you would post more. Have you attended any practices? Thoughts on new players?
Dcheetah
Aliyah Crump is out. Looks like Tx Duke and Ohio St final 3.
BearTiger
I have read NIL will be important factor in Divine's final decision. We are going up against elite recruiting of SC and LSU. Is our WBB NIL competitive against SC and LSU? I don't keep up with our WBB NIL. I'm very surprised she didn't have Iowa and Iowa State in her final list.
Wbbfan29
I seen that as well. I also think players Need to look at roster depth. Hopefully some of these recruits look at playing time . We have six seniors.
Dcheetah
Do you mind sharing where you read that?
Dcheetah
Do you mind sharing where you read that?
Wbbfan29
https://www.on3.com/her/news/womens-basketball-recruiting-zakiyah-johnson-divine-bourrage-down-to-6-big-week-for-big-ten-schools/

I apologize, Bourrage name is in the article as well but Johnson is the one that directly said Nil will be a big factor.
Dcheetah
Thank you!
Dcheetah
I know how needed this is to compete and Aranda is proving that currently ( wouldn't have even been in the discussion for our top commit and target now without much improved NIL) but it still makes me sad.

DFW Bill
The Pauldo twins just committed today to Tennessee.

Puma already has an NIL deal with the twins, that deal would have gone with the girls anywhere.
Dcheetah
NIL like that is well deserved and good for them. It's pay for play NIL that I'm not crazy about but it is a necessary component in many or most top players.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

She's Ballin in San Antonio this weekend. EYBL - Louisville, Select Super Showcase - Hamilton OH
Midwest Meltdown Indianapolis
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

Dcheetah
More offers 25-26

Top combo guard 2026

Played A. Chavez to a draw

https://instagr.am/p/C9iBz4cxstB
2027 PG

Dcheetah
Dcheetah
https://instagr.am/p/C9ksThpOooZ
Wbbfan365
Shes a talented player, i really hope we are going after her hard, to get her away from her home town Illinois
Dcheetah
Me too! Would be nice to have a combo of Destiny and Divine or Keeley in the backcourt. Pair them with an established older guard or 2 from the portal. Do wish she was a little taller though although we have learned small guards like Sarah or Jada can be very effective in this offense as long as we have reasonable size at other positions.

I also really like McKenzie Mathurin as an off guard, good size strong and absorbs contact, good shooter and can drive and really strong spring season this year.

Pairing her with Destiny or someone like Jaida Civil ( great size) would be fantastic despite rankings
Dcheetah
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9k-Va0yhG3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9gWkAuNGjo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Can finish and pass either hand.

I really like her game. She popped up when she played head to head vs. Aliyah Chavez this spring in an EYBL game and scored 35 vs 36 for Aliyah. Good assortment of drives and outside shooting.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
6 ft 5 inch post/center! She is ranked 22nd in the country for 2027 class and number 2 post player in the class as well.

Dcheetah

Couple new offers on that list. DLB played for Mavs Elite.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

More offers here from different evaluator
BU71
Dcheetah said:

Love her game. She would be a great fit here. Any idea if we are in the running to get her to commit to Baylor?
Dcheetah
I know we are pursuing her hard.
Dcheetah
Bad news. I just don't understand the draw to TCU.
DFW Bill
The Coach is a very good recruiter, Ft Worth is a cool city, attractive campus, plenty of fun places to go close to the campus. More of a diverse place to be than Waco for many players.
Dcheetah
With no program history at all.
setshot
I was able to watch Kate Harping (2026) yesterday in the national finals of the 17 and Under tournament. Though her team lost by four points, she played very well. She has a great stroke from the arc, good size, and can create her own shot and is a capable passer and assist maker. It is an easy call to put her on the top 20 list, and while I have no idea how hard Baylor is pursuing her, or her level of interest, she is an outstanding prospect and some program is going to be very happy to obtain her.
Dcheetah

Appears to be visiting now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.