LSU's Mulkey: I'll sue Washington Post if false story published

24,018 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

It did sound rather chicken **** of the writer to have spent 2 years preparing (if true) and gave her a very limited timeline to respond at an inapropriate moment.

I hope no one at Baylor (Mac, cough, cough or the BOR) were supplying information ala WSJ in football.

LOL

Mack is sitting back with a bag of popcorn and a great scotch.

Yeah. Sipping scotch while doing absolutely nothing to allow is to buy beer at games.
fredbear
He is a gamecock, nuff said. He already praised Dawn over Kim in previous article recently. Hack job take 2. Yellow journalism opinion piece with anonymous sources. Do tell. I have never trusted anonymous anything. If u cant own it, don't say it.
Leonidas
fredbear said:

He is a gamecock, nuff said. He already praised Dawn over Kim in previous article recently. Hack job take 2. Yellow journalism opinion piece with anonymous sources. Do tell. I have never trusted anonymous anything. If u cant own it, don't say it.

Strong opinions on an article no one has read
historian
Yep. Along with NBC & their cable affiliates.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Aliceinbubbleland
historian said:

Nope.
BluesBear
Brian Ethridge said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

It did sound rather chicken **** of the writer to have spent 2 years preparing (if true) and gave her a very limited timeline to respond at an inapropriate moment.

I hope no one at Baylor (Mac, cough, cough or the BOR) were supplying information ala WSJ in football.

LOL

Mack is sitting back with a bag of popcorn and a great scotch.
If these actions occurred during his watch - I'll be asking Baylor to respond accordingly with his firing...
morethanhecouldbear
KIA said:

There is no denying that Kim has a history of crass, inappropriate comments.
Please provide at least 5 examples of said comments.
thales
all i am seeing is her rallying the team

she's making part of the team a target (her) and the team is rallying behind that

they just stomped their 2nd round opponent

it's great coaching
historian
Aliceinbubbleland said:

historian said:

Nope.

Bezos definitely owns WaPo. I thought he owned NBC & their cable affiliates as well.
Aliceinbubbleland
Yes he owns Washington Post. Comcast owns NBC and Bezos only owns Post in media.
True Grit
I don't miss this circus.
Aliceinbubbleland
True Grit said:

I miss the wins and the championships.
Eball
Twitter
Eball
We got a great win tonight on to the sweet 16. Woo.
TechDawgMc
thales said:

all i am seeing is her rallying the team

she's making part of the team a target (her) and the team is rallying behind that

they just stomped their 2nd round opponent

it's great coaching
That's Biden level spin right there.
blackie
fredbear said:

I don't know one way or another or what the agenda might be. But if based on him being a SC alum........well Sharon Grigsby is a Baylor alum and look where that has helped us...cough, cough, cough.
Eball
I disagree with Sharon but God Bless her she is honest in her wrong opinions and trustworthy and ethical.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Aliceinbubbleland said:

True Grit said:

I miss the wins and the championships.

The current team is still winning. You can go ahead and support them.
EvilTroyAndAbed
historian said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

historian said:

Nope.

Bezos definitely owns WaPo. I thought he owned NBC & their cable affiliates as well.

He's never owned NBC. Where do you get your info?
Aliceinbubbleland
I always support the Bears. Just defending Kim doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing them win.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I always support the Bears. Just defending Kim doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing them win.

You don't even know what you're defending her from though. Why don't we just wait and see?
Leonidas
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

You don't even know what you're defending her from though. Why don't we just wait and see?
Many don't need to see before defending Kim, and many don't need to see before criticizing her.
Jack Bauer
Mitch Blood Green said:

parch said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

For some reason, I feel like we (Baylor) are a source for some of this.
He apparently interviewed a bunch of her former players so it'd be more or less impossible to write it without her time at Baylor appearing prominently in it.

I can already tell you the thrust of the story. Nothing illegal or violation-related, but will probably hear about a culture of intimidation, violent anger, LGBTQ issues, ostracizing players over random tics of hers. Essentially stories that would make most any parent quail at the thought of sending their kid to be under her tutelage for 4 years. Some of them will come off as aggrieved former players who couldn't handle the heat, but even more will tell stories that are indefensible. If these stories weren't included, Mulkey wouldn't be flying off the handle before it's even published - she knows what's in there, she knows who he's talked to, and it will not cover her in glory.

What bothers me most is that these behaviors are not the reason Mulkey won titles. She won despite them on many occasions. She is the definition of an ends justifying the means coach, and I always thought she was ticking media time bomb. Looks like it's about to go off, and something tells me the coach who yells about personal accountability every week is going to be pulling the victim card a great many times.

If I were I go down the speculation road with you, and remove LGBT from the equation, many of us have played for coaches like her.

I'll add this to the counseling that every young person needs to hear. Keep your private life private. Get it off Facebook and out of the club. I get that many young people want to be "authentic" but it doesn't serve student athletes regardless of orientation.

Amen.

Did anyone here ever need "validation" from their cosch about their lifestyle, sexual preferences, political positions?

Sometimes its best to just shut up and dribble.
historian
Mistake. I thought he owned them before who bought WaPo (& Newsweek). My memory was off.
Stefano DiMera
The Washington Post has brought down Presidents .

There ain't nothing a crazy ass women's basketball coach can do to scare them
historian
They probably have never met Kim Mulkey!
fredbear
Just like a ref covering a school she attended, or a stock broker pushing his cousin's company, there must be ethical standards in journalism. The writer should not praise the gamecock coach and criticize Kim wout revealing his connection as an SC graduate. I see that standard applied to all legit publications like Wall Street journal. He has a personal agenda he is cloaking as a research piece. Yellow journalism is not to be confused with investigative, balanced, hear all sides reporting. He has been working on a piece two years and wants mulkey to catchy up in 2 days? During big dance? He has a self inflated sense of importance regarding his hit piece. The world will not stop to address anonymous complaints about an ego driven coach.

What is even more funny is that all of us are speculating about a piece that may never be published. Both sides. lol. 40 percent of us are attacking the piece, 40 percent are sure it is legit. And even the 20 percent saying wait and see are wasting their time to keep playing like a broken record, this whole deal is hilarious. Above I am partially addressing his piece that I have read.

What the heck, keep it coming. Lots of folks must have nothing to do! Or are putting off painful, real production.
bawitdaball
fredbear said:

Just like a ref covering a school she attended, or a stock broker pushing his cousin's company, there must be ethical standards in journalism. The writer should not praise the gamecock coach and criticize Kim wout revealing his connection as an SC graduate. I see that standard applied to all legit publications like Wall Street journal. He has a personal agenda he is cloaking as a research piece. Yellow journalism is not to be confused with investigative, balanced, hear all sides reporting. He has been working on a piece two years and wants mulkey to catchy up in 2 days? During big dance? He has a self inflated sense of importance regarding his hit piece. The world will not stop to address anonymous complaints about an ego driven coach.

What is even more funny is that all of us are speculating about a piece that may never be published. Both sides. lol. 40 percent of us are attacking the piece, 40 percent are sure it is legit. And even the 20 percent saying wait and see are wasting their time to keep playing like a broken record, this whole deal is hilarious. Above I am partially addressing his piece that I have read.

What the heck, keep it coming. Lots of folks must have nothing to do! Or are putting off painful, real production.

Has he ever publically spoken about Staley? I think it was a hypothetical that wa mentioned on the board earlier.

And rest assured, the paper isn't paying someone to investigate something for two years and then not publish it. It will be published. About the time the Final Four comes around if I was a betting man.
fredbear
Yes, on other thread is link to AP story about SC LSU fight.
Leonidas
fredbear said:

Yes, on other thread is link to AP story about SC LSU fight.

I think that story was written by someone else. Are you saying that writer is also a S.C. graduate?
fredbear
My mistake. Thank you for the kind correction.
Wicked_Wombat
Why is everyone so urgently defending Mulkey - a rough bayou red neck (albeit a successful coach). She owns her behavior (not us)...and if she finds offense with her past behavior...she should look no further than a mirror...not a defamation law firm. Winning or championships does not excuse how one treats other people...I don't care who you are. Lastly, she's made tens of millions of dollars over her career...nobody needs to "feel bad for Kim".
Jack Bauer
"Did you squeal to the Washington Post???!!!"

EvilTroyAndAbed
Jack Bauer said:

"Did you squeal to the Washington Post???!!!"

This is not specifically about Kim, but I don't want a coach from the opposing team grabbing me by the face, even if it is offering words or encouragement or consolation.
One-Eyed Wheeler
I love Kim, but she needs to learn to just ignore stuff and move on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.