2018 NCAA WBB Transfers

59,905 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DFW Bill
Onward Go
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fujobear said:

chastity was chosen freshman of the year in the Big 12
No -- Shaina Pellington of OU was actually freshman of the year. Patterson was the pre-season pick for FOY but did not win the award -- she hardly even played.
mimi25408
He knows, he just forgot to put preseason.
slimecap

Lyndsey Whilby leaves Texas Tech

HoustonBear15
slimecap said:

Lyndsey Whilby leaves Texas Tech

I think Tech is gonna have it rough for the next several years. They're having trouble even finding a new coach.
bawitdaball
fujobear said:

chastity was chosen freshman of the year in the Big 12
Pre-season freshman of the year - big difference.
gone to Tickfaw
sorry. a little aged here. i meant pre-season
slimecap
Link
https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/
Heart
I hope all of our girls stay!I just love them! I'd love to add a transfer or two that would enrich our team
zt1014
I wouldn't complain about adding a center of forward. She would have to sit out at year, so Kalani would be gone and LC would be a Senior by the time the transfer played.
drahthaar
slimecap said:

Link
https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/

Is that number of transfers a reasonable number or is that fairly consistent on an annual basis?
HoustonBear15

HUGE get for OSU. Gray is a baller. Looks to be a package deal with her sister.
DFW Bill
She is a terrific player. OSU has really made a great move, three years of eligibility remaining. Played at Argyle, between Fort Worth and Denton. 6'1", can play the 2, 3 or against some teams the 4.
BaylorBears_254
Why did she go to a D2 school anyways?
Polarbear
Transfer season is fascinating, but as tempting as it is to dream of Anriel Howard or others in a Bear uniform, we should be cautious. We've got 13 players on next year's roster, all very talented, and it will be a challenge to find minutes for all of them. I believe they all deserve an opportunity to compete. Moreover, what is the message to future recruiting classes if we bring in 5 players in the #1 class in the nation, but then turn around and bring in a transfer on top? We want future recruits to see that we're open and honest in our process, and they'll have a fair chance to compete once they arrive in Waco.
papabear64
We sill need an experiance post for next year to help Brown & Cox, even if for just one year, it would be great.
bearbone11
I highly doubt we would be able to get a Big 12 quality post to transfer in to sit the bench. It wouldn't be worth messing with the freshmen's development. Even 10 quality minutes from Queen would go a long way towards keeping Brown and Cox fresh.
Polarbear
I suspect next year that Queen will get majority of backup minutes at Post, and NaLyssa backup minutes at PF, with Didi and Aquira capable of sliding over and playing a few minutes at PF if needed.
Yes, those players are very young and inexperienced, but their ceiling is very high. It would be really rare for a Senior transfer to become available who could give us a better outlook at 4 or 5 than those players.
I'm happy with our roster, even if it is young. I'm ready to roll with our girls.
setshot
Good points, Polar.....
I don't think that we are likely to make a play for Howard, or that she would be interested if we did. I suspect that she wants to stay in the familiar confines of the SEC.

She is one of the best college rebounders we have seen at the forward position. She reminds me of Dennis Rodman in her relentless pursuit of the ball (she had 26 rebounds in one game, and pushes 20 often.) She is also a plus defender. The major difference with Howard and other rebounder/defenders is that she is a legitimate threat to score with the ball in her hands. She is unselfish and plays within the scheme, but is quite capable of creating her own shot, but she gets most of her points off of her rebounding ability. In short, she is one of the best players at her position in the country. If she came to Baylor our odds of making a run for the national championship would take an upward leap.
WacoKelly83
On the Boneyard they are saying Rellah Boothe has transferred to NW Florida State Community College in Niceville, FL
WacoKelly83
https://twitter.com/neb_media
bearbone11
An odd choice. I guess she wants to play immediately instead of sitting, which would be consistent with her apparent attitude. Assuming she transfers back to D1 after next season she would only have 2 years of eligibility left.

Edit: It could be academic related, there have been rumors about that since before she even started at Texas.
HoustonBear15
BaylorBears_254 said:

Why did she go to a D2 school anyways?
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/a-surprise-in-texas-as-premier-womens-basketball-recruit-signs-with-div-ii-school
BaylorBears_254
Could be a mixture of grades. Isn't that what almost stopped her from getting to UT
WacoKelly83
Now I wonder if skilledup's is right about the rest of the Texas freshman class
WacoKelly83
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WacoKelly83 said:

Now I wonder if skilledup's is right about the rest of the Texas freshman class

Smoke and fire
BUVA
WacoKelly83 said:

On the Boneyard they are saying Rellah Boothe has transferred to NW Florida State Community College in Niceville, FL

Ironic that someone that plays as nasty as she does ends up in Niceville.
Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to. ~ Mark Twain
slimecap

From the twitter account of Rellah Boothe

8 Apr 2018

whitetrash
slimecap said:

From the twitter account of Rellah Boothe

8 Apr 2018

UT's response:

"K thx bye"
74Bear
At a JC, it can be her way, all about her. I suspect Florida St or pro ball will be next.
GrizBear
Had no idea she was a gold mentalist.
zt1014
Bianca Cuevas-Moore from South Carolina will be a grad transfer at West Virginia next year.

HUGE for the Mountaineers.
HoustonBear15

Definitely huge for WVU. They will have Martin back as well.
HoustonBear15

And they're really loading up.
skilledup
HoustonBear15 said:

And they're really loading up.

Kysrae will be eligible next year also. West Virginia will be very interesting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.