2018 NCAA WBB Transfers

59,947 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DFW Bill
gone to Tickfaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We all have our opinions and I'll share mine.

If CKM would have given Odyssey Sims the green light that Chennedey Carter has, we'd have won 3 NC's.

I was at one regional with both Odyssey and Brittney on the floor and CKM kept yelling, "Get the ball to the big girl."

I wasn't at the Louisville debacle, but we almost won when Sims was given the greenlight and was the first scoring option.

gone to Tickfaw
CKM is a great coach, and she's my age, but I think she's a bit old school. That's why I think the younger coaches from Oregon State & Louisville have had her number the past few Sweet 16's or Elite 8's.

And I remember reading where one of our lovely assistants was begging Kim to use the zone.

Summitt used man to man with little variation - except when Griner came to town - and look where the Lady Vols went...
WasheFuzzy
GrizBear said:

WasheFuzzy said:

Say what you want about Carter, and I believe that she relishes the opportunity to take a lot of shots, and I'm OK with that, because she is such a spectacularly talented offensive player. Rare is the player who has that much confidence and the talent to match. She is an AA in waiting, and she won't be waiting that much longer.
That's all true ... but two starters are transferring out ... you have to think they didn't share in the enthusiasm ...

Then maybe they are the "me first" players....
BuinmyBlood
skilledup said:

I'm hearing there will be a visitor on campus this weekend. Transfer from LSU.
If this visitor does indeed turn out to be Chloe Jackson, I would not be opposed to bringing her in. Right now we look pretty solid at PG with Morris, possibly Landrum, and HSG.

At SG, we've got Chou (coming back from injury), Landrum (could probably play the 1 or 2), Oliver (coming off ACL injury) and Moon.

If there is even a hint of any attrition from that 2nd group (and I really hope there is not), then Jackson, to me, would be a no brainer. She's got major P5 conference playing chops already, and is a proven scorer at the SG position.

It would obviously make a big difference if she could come in and play right away. Someone like this could really help us out a lot next year with quality depth, whether she started, or came off the bench.

You have to believe KM didn't bring her in just for fun. This will be interesting to watch. Especially since she is friends with HSG...
Bearprof
BuinmyBlood said:

skilledup said:

If this visitor does indeed turn out to be Chloe Jackson, I would not be opposed to bringing her in. Right now we look pretty solid at PG with Morris, possibly Landrum, and HSG.

At SG, we've got Chou (coming back from injury), Landrum (could probably play the 1 or 2), Oliver (coming off ACL injury) and Moon.

If there is even a hint of any attrition from that 2nd group (and I really hope there is not), then Jackson, to me, would be a no brainer. She's got major P5 conference playing chops already, and is a proven scorer at the SG position.

It would obviously make a big difference if she could come in and play right away. Someone like this could really help us out a lot next year with quality depth, whether she started, or came off the bench.

You have to believe KM didn't bring her in just for fun. This will be interesting to watch. Especially since she is friends with HSG...
If it is Jackson and she can guard the perimeter and score, then she would be a welcome addition. At SG, if we are talking pure SGs, we have Moon. Landrum is a combo guard who is mostly a 2. Chou is a 2/3, but mostly a 3. Oliver is a 3, in my opinion. HSG is a bit of a mystery. I think she will definitely get minutes next year, but I'm not really sure where. Will she backup Morris rather than Landrum? Will she be a proven enough shooter and play defense at the level to earn playing time at the 2? Either starting or sharing time time with Landrum at the 2?
slimecap
BuinmyBlood said:

Jackson, to me, would be a no brainer.
She's got major P5 conference playing chops already, and is a proven scorer at the SG position.

RealLarryDon
We don't have a SG on the current roster good enough to help lead us to a Final 4. They are all marginal 2nd tier talent. If Jackson is indeed the one visiting and we get her, then we will finally have a Final 4 level SG.
bearbone11
I thought you said it was 3-point shooting that we needed? I don't see that a guard who couldn't win a first round game against Central Michigan really moves the needle on our final four chances. She would be a depth piece here.
GrizBear
RealLarryDon said:

We don't have a SG on the current roster good enough to help lead us to a Final 4. They are all marginal 2nd tier talent. If Jackson is indeed the one visiting and we get her, then we will finally have a Final 4 level SG.
OMG, you're a d***a**.
WasheFuzzy
RealLarryDon said:

HSG will be that shooting guard. This girl is the real deal and I predict that she will start as a freshman. I do think Landrum and Chou are very good, but not great players. We got very little production from the SG position against OSU, which was one of the major factors in that loss.
WasheFuzzy
Bearprof said:

BuinmyBlood said:

skilledup said:

If it is Jackson and she can guard the perimeter and score, then she would be a welcome addition. At SG, if we are talking pure SGs, we have Moon. Landrum is a combo guard who is mostly a 2. Chou is a 2/3, but mostly a 3. Oliver is a 3, in my opinion. HSG is a bit of a mystery. I think she will definitely get minutes next year, but I'm not really sure where. Will she backup Morris rather than Landrum? Will she be a proven enough shooter and play defense at the level to earn playing time at the 2? Either starting or sharing time time with Landrum at the 2?

I don't consider HSG as a mystery at all. After watching her in the Jordan classic I am convinced that she will step in a challenge for, and win, a starting spot right away. I think she is that skilled.
mimi25408
You know, you are a very negative person. I have seen you on this board with 90% negative things to say about the girls. Why do you throw so much shade at the players? You should be considerate when you post things. Calling players second tier and and saying there is not anybody to lead them to a final four is very negative. A few current and incoming players ,and some family members like myself read this board. I know for sure my sister has glanced at it before when she was being recurited by kim. You never know when a player will step up as and make a difference. Every young lady on that team knows how to play basketball. I am damn sure that Kim didnt offer them a scholarships because they were second tier. She saw something different in each of them. All her athletes are elite and at any time can have a breakout game. Dont be so quick to discount the girls.
BaylorBears_254
Dont mind him, he's a Tennessee fan, wait, I mean a Louisville fan, wait, ok he's just not a Baylor fan.
74Bear
Raoul reporting Chloe Jackson is indeed here this weekend.

Raoul
@Raoul_000
WBB: Hearing that LSU grad transfer Chloe Jackson (5-9 SG; 18.1 PPG in 2017-18) is visiting Baylor this weekend
skilledup
I just got a call from a really close friend.......she told me about a player maybe transferring from Baylor. If it's true then it could change some things.
WacoKelly83
Hate to hear that but I think we all felt something was going to happen with the loaded freshman class coming in. Depending on the position this may explain the interest in the LSU player. Or maybe not...what do I know. Lol. Transfers are just becoming part of the norm these days
Bearprof
If the transfer "could really change some things," then I would have to think that it would be one of three players - Landrum, Chou, or Richards. If Ursin or Oliver transferred, then I'm not sure how much would really change (at least at this point). Ursin showed some flashes towards the end of the season and Oliver was injured for almost all of it.

I hope no one transfers out but if it happens, it happens.
zt1014
You can't even judge Chou much. She was only half way through the season before injury. Then the last game of the year was the most minutes she had played since early Feb when she got injured. I think she is better than most fans give credit for. LC progressed with the season, and Chou got hurt.

Landrum showed she's good, but may be a little streaky, not quite a consistent scorer.

I think you will see a lot more scoring from out PG Morris next season, as she will be a lot more comfortable.
LadyBears42
LadyBears42
Check out these highlights of HSG from the JBC game.. This kid is definitely the REAL DEAL and she looks college ready IMO. From what I hear, she's been playing at an extremely high level since 7th grade, against some top level talent...doesn't get the recognition she deserves, but she's a very humble kid with a winner's mentality.

skilledup
Now a second kid is supposedly leaving. Actually she has asked for and received her transfer already.
zt1014
You are killing me with the lack of telling who it is.
74Bear
I hope it isnt DiDi....I pencil her in at the 3 as the starter. Fast, quick, plays defense, can shoot. Just needs floor time.
Hairy Bear
74Bear said:

I hope it isnt DiDi....I pencil her in at the 3 as the starter. Fast, quick, plays defense, can shoot. Just needs floor time.

Amen. I have also penciled her in at 3.
skilledup
I don't want to say who it is because one of the kids may and may not leave while the other is waiting for the school of her choice to get back with her.
Born_A_Bear
If "she" has received her transfer, this should be public info.
WacoKelly83
Unfortunately this is the new world of women's college basketball. Just be thankful that our incoming class is loaded to help ease with the transition
WasheFuzzy
I am guessing that there are a couple of guards who see the writing on the wall when it comes to the distribution of minutes next season. I think that Jackson and HSG are going to log a lot of minutes at the 2 guard, and HSG will surely get a number of minutes at PG.

Here is how I see it breaking down next season:

1: Morris with the majority of minutes with HSG backing her up
2: Jackson and HSG getting the majority of the minutes
3: Richards and DeCosta getting most of the minutes
4: Cox and Smith splitting the minutes
5: Brown and Egbo splitting the minutes

That leaves some of the other returners out in the cold: Moon, Landrum and Chou. Will they want to continue to be contributors off the bench with limited minutes? We will also have Bickel to squeeze in, probably at the 3.

The challenge for PT is going to be very competitive and I'm not sure that some of these players are going to want to be players 10, 11, 12 and 13 in the rotation.

WasheFuzzy
skilledup said:

I don't want to say who it is because one of the kids may and may not leave while the other is waiting for the school of her choice to get back with her.
What does it say to that player if they are waiting on that school to get back with them. Maybe the school of her choice does not reciprocate the feeling?
WasheFuzzy
WacoKelly83 said:

Unfortunately this is the new world of women's college basketball. Just be thankful that our incoming class is loaded to help ease with the transition
I agree. Players want to play ball and this is one of the bi-products of having such wonderful recruiting so many years in a row. There are only so many minutes to be had and we don't have any scrubs who couldn't be contributors for other programs if given the opportunity.
WacoKelly83
You forgot to include Trinity Oliver
slimecap
skilledup said:

I believe you are being very considerate of these young women. That team has won Big 12 championships for the fans. I am fine to wait for a Baylor official announcemnt.
Dcheetah
I think Chou gets starters minutes because of ability to hit 3's and space the floor unless Didi expands her outside game a lot. I think Kim will want to always have at least 2 3pt shooters on the floor at a time. Chou's defense is better than many give her credit for and I also see platooning Lauren, Kalani, and Egbo at Center with Lauren and Smith at PF. See rest the same.
bawitdaball
I wouldn't be surprised to see Oliver and Moon head to other schools. Landrum and Chou have a lot going for them this year, and both seemed to be pretty happy throughout the season. I think that Oliver may have a tough time coming back from injury, and might see her advantage slipping compared to the incoming class - and I do believe that Moon has some growth potential, but will likely be getting second string minutes for the remainder of her time at Baylor - especially if the recruiting stays at the level that it currently is. Just my opinion - I have absolutely no intel on the inside.
RealLarryDon
I told you people weeks ago there was at least one, if not two, who would be departing. Don't spend time with your head in the sand singing Kumbaya with kids like Baylor254. Like all of us, Mulkey is dying to get back to the Final Four and if that means discarding a player or two who will not help us get there, well then that is big time basketball. If we get Jackson, she is instantly our 3rd best player on the roster behind Kalani and Lauren. There's no one else even remotely close to those three. I just wish we could get a favorable ND ruling for her if we indeed get her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.