2018 NCAA WBB Transfers

59,926 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DFW Bill
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would have to believe with our roster size and talent as of now we just would have no room for another player...so any rumors at all about any of ours not coming back? I really hope everyone comes back next year but as we see it is the nature of the beast these days for players to leave and seek playing time elsewhere.
Lone Star
Boykin sounds like a girl that doesn't know what she wants. 2 transfers in 2 years. The only good thing is that some of these girls are now realizing that UConn is not necessarily the best place for them.

sevenmilebeachbob
Eball said:

I would have to believe with our roster size and talent as of now we just would have no room for another player...
Every school in the nation, including Baylor, would be a significantly better team if Howard joined them. She's a difference maker, but I have no reason to believe she'll come our way. If she did, we should all be beyond excited.

This is the first year that the grad transfer who can play immediately is becoming a big thing in women's basketball. Unless the rules change, expect more of the same every year. Oklahoma State's team last year was so much better than expected because of the grad transfer, but there weren't many such transfers last year.
geewago
sevenmilebeachbob said:

Oklahoma State's team last year was so much better than expected because of the grad transfer, but there weren't many such transfers last year.
And ND was much better off because of the "personal reason" transfer.
GrizBear
sevenmilebeachbob said:

Every school in the nation, including Baylor, would be a significantly better team if Howard joined them. She's a difference maker, but I have no reason to believe she'll come our way. If she did, we should all be beyond excited.
A lot of married guys think their sex lives would be significantly better if they brought in a few "transfers" after getting a commitment from their top target. Most find that it's a short-term improvement and wonder why the original recruit didn't go along with the arrangement.
BU Bears Fan
A little birdie told me that Anriel will be in Storrs this weekend. She would be a terrific addition to UConn's team. There's more similar news, but I'm not at liberty to divulge. It will likely come out soon. Sure wish the Bears could get in on this opportunity.
BU Bears Fan
Eball
BU Bears Fan said:

A little birdie told me that Anriel will be in Storrs this weekend. She would be a terrific addition to UConn's team. There's more similar news, but I'm not at liberty to divulge. It will likely come out soon. Sure wish the Bears could get in on this opportunity.
I understand how good she is and that if she came to BU Kim would figure out a way to make it work but with the returners we have and the freshman, who will want some time, is it not ironic that she is a better fit at UCONN than with us?

When Stevens opted to leave early for draft it put them in a bit of a bind...they need what she brings more than us.
slimecap

BU Bears Fan
Welp, there it is. Danni is the second one, and they are both in Storrs this weekend.
BU Bears Fan
74Bear
IMO...UCONN doesn't take Danni unless they have to in order to get Howard. Then she sits a lot if they do.
HoustonBear15
74Bear said:

IMO...UCONN doesn't take Danni unless they have to in order to get Howard. Then she sits a lot if they do.
Williams really is a decent player actually. She was a 5 star recruit and a #35 in the 2015 class. She is a sharp shooter and can benefit from someone that can get her the ball, something Carter hasn't shown to do at A&M
WacoKelly83
I think Miss St would be an ideal place for both of them. That is if they want to play together one more year.
WasheFuzzy
I would much rather have Ramirez than either of these two. I just don't see Kim wanting a couple of one year players. I am sure that they want to step in and contribute immediately. FSU would be a great choice since they need to replace Thomas and Wright.

We look awfully good at guard next season, especially with HSG coming in. Williams is good but y we need to groom HSG and the other freshmen. And Howard is not going to surplant Brown or Cox. We need more shooters and I think we will have that with HSG and the return of Chou.
skilledup
I'm hearing there will be a visitor on campus this weekend. Transfer from LSU.
WacoKelly83
skilledup said:

I'm hearing there will be a visitor on campus this weekend. Transfer from LSU.

We've done pretty good with Louisiana girls.
ScottS
Probably 1 of these 2...

LSU transfers
gone to Tickfaw
Tatum has already returned "home" and signed with Colorado State.

Chloe would have to sit a year... but was the top scorer for LSU... 18.1 points per game.

Wonder if she could play for personal reasons.
bearbone11
I believe Jackson is a grad transfer and would not have to sit. She also went to the same high school as Honesty Scott-Grayson. She is a good player, but I'm not sure exactly where she would fall in our rotation. You can never have enough guard depth, but I have a feeling she may be looking for more playing time than we have to offer, unless she really wants a shot at a title.
slimecap
Threebears
An Aggie friend who attends A&M womens' games said Carter was threatening to leave about every other week this season. She wasn't much of a team player is what I've heard.
mimi25408
She definitely seems like a its all about me player
74Bear
Her and Boothe should play together. It would last about ten minutes. Carter stated this year that she grew up a Baylor fan and wanted to go to Baylor but I would bet her style didn't fit with Kim.
BaylorBears_254
I may be reaching here, but I dont even feel like Carter's 1st choice was A&M.

I think she really wanted to be here but Mulkey loved Morris's game waaaay more.

I think Carter would've been amazing here. If Morris had stuck with UCLA, I think we would've pushed for Carter
bowdedg
Morris is the better talent!!
bearbone11
Carter would not have worked here. Kim would have made her earn playing time, and would bench her for making freshman mistakes. Given how many ill-advised shots Carter attempts, I don't think she would have been too happy. Morris won't have the raw stats of Carter but she is the superior player.
CavalryRoadie
mimi25408 said:

I wonder how much of her volume shooting (which, was pretty darned good) was a product of her ego, versus what Coach Blair told her to do.

Someone with 177 assists does not strike me as an "all about me player". That about the same per game average as KWAL (CC - 4.9 A/G vs KWAL - 5.3 A/G).
mimi25408
We all have our own opinions
Hairy Bear
I absolutely love Morris. She is our starting point guard as long as she is healthy and ready to go.
WasheFuzzy
Say what you want about Carter, and I believe that she relishes the opportunity to take a lot of shots, and I'm OK with that, because she is such a spectacularly talented offensive player. Rare is the player who has that much confidence and the talent to match. She is an AA in waiting, and she won't be waiting that much longer.
WasheFuzzy
Hairy Bear said:

I absolutely love Morris. She is our starting point guard as long as she is healthy and ready to go.
Don't be surprise if HSG challenges for that position next season unless Kim wants her to play at the 2 guard position. That girl is too talented to have sitting on the bench.
Dcheetah
Chloe had 23pts vs Texas on 11 of 23 shots, 7Rbs, 5 Asst and 4TO in 39 min this Nov. 0 for 2 on 3ptrs.
Pretty impressive. Not sure if 1 or 2yrs to play.

Also 25pts/6Rb/0TO vs Miss State
26 pts vs Auburn, 22 vs Georgia, 21 vs Tennessee, and 16 vs S. Carolina.

I'm onboard to bring her on if we can manage the minutes.
Hairy Bear
WasheFuzzy said:

Hairy Bear said:

DI absolutely love Morris. She is our starting point guard as long as she is healthy and ready to go.
Don't be surprise if HSG challenges for that position next season unless Kim wants her to play at the 2 guard position. That girl is too talented to have sitting on the bench.
She is good no doubt, but Morris is a pure point guard with amazing quickness, Honesty looks like a combo guard, will need to be ready to backup Morris at the point, but will have opportunities to show what she can do at 2.
HoustonBear15
CavalryRoadie said:

mimi25408 said:

I wonder how much of her volume shooting (which, was pretty darned good) was a product of her ego, versus what Coach Blair told her to do.

Someone with 177 assists does not strike me as an "all about me player". That about the same per game average as KWAL (CC - 4.9 A/G vs KWAL - 5.3 A/G).
I was wondering the same thing. Just because a player is given the green light and takes the opportunities given to her throughout a game, doesn't mean that she is unwilling to change her style of play for a different coach. It's obvious that Coach Blair wants her to shoot the ball and has told her to do so. It's hard to make judgments on how she would fit in with CKM's style. Maybe she would buy into it, just as she's bought into what is wanted/expected of her at A&M.
CavalryRoadie
mimi25408 said:

We all have our own opinions
Agreed.
GrizBear
WasheFuzzy said:

Say what you want about Carter, and I believe that she relishes the opportunity to take a lot of shots, and I'm OK with that, because she is such a spectacularly talented offensive player. Rare is the player who has that much confidence and the talent to match. She is an AA in waiting, and she won't be waiting that much longer.
That's all true ... but two starters are transferring out ... you have to think they didn't share in the enthusiasm ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.