2019 transfers

73,905 Views | 280 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 57Bear
mimi25408
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will the transfer action is underway. I guess I will start the 2019 thread..

Shaina Pellington- Oklahoma
Braxton Miller -Oklahoma State ( Didnt see that coming)
Erika Sidney - Texas Tech
DFW Bill
They can transfer to any school, except one in the Big 12. Braxton Miller is a surprise. OSU's second best player and she will have two more years of eligibility. Pellington got in Sherri's doghouse.
geewago
I've heard that Kalani is transferring to the WNBA.

LSU has one really good player on their team. Maybe she would like to follow Chloes footsteps.

It'll surprise me if Tennessee doesn't have a transfer or two.
Dcheetah
Wouldn't mind seeing Horston come this way. And no there has been no indication of her looking to transfer, just wishing on a Tenn player.
HoustonBear15
Braxtin Miller is a huge surprise to me. Maybe she wants to be closer to home in Ohio.
mimi25408
I wonder if the arrival of Vivian Gray had a factor..
Space53
I think Gray is the reason, Miller never got the ball. Someone is going to get a good player.
bearbone11
It's possible Gray had something to do with this, but I'm not so sure. Miller still averaged 15 points a game, and attempted almost as many shots per game as Gray, though with a much lower success rate. On the season, Gray attempted 526 field goals, and Miller 476. By comparison, Chloe Jackson led our team with just 328 attempts.

It does appear that both Oklahoma programs are in a rut right now. Poor performances and talented players transferring. I wonder if she is just trying to get out ahead of the crash.
R11
bowdedg
GarlandBear84
This must be who skilledup was referring to the other day.
WacoKelly83
This was rumored to happen last year but didn't.
bearbone11
At least 5 times during the season I must have heard announcers tell the story about how Littleton planned to transfer after last season, but Aston talked her out of it. Funny how that worked out. This means that the entirety of their 4th ranked 2017 recruiting class has now transferred. Not a healthy program.
R11
setshot
There are a lot of factors that players consider when transfers are contemplated. Some have to do with the school of choice not being a good fit, some with disappointment with the coaching staff, some with disaffection with teammates, some of it may be homesickness or other considerations involving home and personal matters, and in some instances it is a matter of the heart. For some it may be programmatic, that is a desire to find a program where playing time and the system employed show more promise than the one at the current school.
The real whammy is when it involves a combination of various factors, each reinforcing the other in the mind of the player.

I really like the new transfer rules.
skilledup
Littleton was going to leave last year but she and Patterson were talked into staying. The coaching staff are now trying to keep Collier around. Texas is a mess right now. They are now the Big12 version of Tennessee, and I actually may consider Texas to be worse. Tennesse has at least been able to hold onto there kids. Well except for one, but that was more of the kid's parent running his mouth to much.
bearbone11
skilledup said:

Littleton was going to leave last year but she and Patterson were talked into staying. The coaching staff are now trying to keep Collier around. Texas is a mess right now. They are now the Big12 version of Tennessee, and I actually may consider Texas to be worse. Tennesse has at least been able to hold onto there kids. Well except for one, but that was more of the kid's parent running his mouth to much.
Hopefully Collier sees how badly Texas' coaches have wasted Joyner Holmes' talent and gets out of there before it is too late.
R11
Dcheetah
We need a big and were one of Collier's finalists. Any chance?
bearbone11
Dcheetah said:

Texas would surely restrict her from transferring in conference.
R11
GrizBear
Dcheetah said:

She made her choice. I'd take Queen any day.
Dcheetah
I prefer Queen too but we need another big with Kalani graduating and Lauren a year away.
Dcheetah
Pretty sure Texas can't restrict her if she goes into the portal.
GrizBear
Dcheetah said:

I prefer Queen too but we need another big with Kalani graduating and Lauren a year away.

Hannah Gusters hopefully
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Charli Collier at 2015 Baylor Camp
2nd from right of Kim Mulkey
mimi25408
I'm sorry I don't want collier. She can stay were she is at.
Dcheetah
Why? Do you think it would bother Queen? We are going to bring in a big.
WIBear
I would like to see a big that is a graduate transfer for one year so that Queen could have someone to give her rest while Cox was still on the floor. It also wouldn't discourage another big from signing with us for the next year since our graduate transfer would be gone.
HoustonBear15
Does Cox or Queen start at the 5 next year?
mimi25408
Yes , being that KA told Queen to not commit yet because Collier was coming... yes I think queen would have a problem with that.
buildabear1
Agreed, if she wanted us she would be here.
buildabear1
So Queen didn't want us at first.hmmmm
mimi25408
I seen a interview that kinda hinted Kim might look for a grad post player. Some body post it if you find it.
mimi25408
True
Dcheetah
Doesn't matter to me. Glad she got here anyway and I think we got the better player. Queen seems to be very happy to be here now and she has a bright future here no matter how she got here.
mimi25408
It's funny I never understood we kids committed to Texas because they never have anything to show. But after going on a offical with my sister people go for the program perks. Having the longhorn network, live interviews and telecast with the team, living on a big city. But I just would go off of that because they literally have nothing to show as far as basketball accomplishments.
Dcheetah
Fair enough. Happy we have Queen. Would we bring in a transfer post and Hannah Gusters in the same class?

If just 1 big comes in, any way we would take 2 PGs - SA and HVL.?
HoustonBear15
mimi25408 said:

It's funny I never understood we kids committed to Texas because they never have anything to show. But after going on a offical with my sister people go for the program perks. Having the longhorn network, live interviews and telecast with the team, living on a big city. But I just would go off of that because they literally have nothing to show as far as basketball accomplishments.
Well programs will never accomplish anything if good players don't go there. Some players want to start something at another program to knock off the top one. Not every elite player can end up at Baylor or Uconn or Notre Dame and thank goodness they can't because we would see even less parity if they weren't choosing other schools.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.