Bears in the WNBA

27,212 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wichitabear
Texasjeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
STATS

Kalani Brown (Los Angeles): 9 G, 14.0 min, 3.9 pts, 3.8 reb, 0.4 ast, 0.3 stl, 0.7 blk
Brittney Griner (Phoenix): 8 G, 32.1 min, 16.4 pts, 7.4 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.8 blk
Chloe Jackson (Chicago): 3 G, 6.3 min, 1.3 pts, 0.7 reb, 1.0 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.0 blk
Alexis Jones (Los Angeles): 7 G, 15.0 min, 4.7 pts, 1.1 reb, 2.4 ast, 0.1 stl, 0.1 blk
Odyssey Sims (Minnesota): 11 G, 32.1 min, 15.2 pts, 4.1 reb, 4.9 ast, 1.4 stl, 0.2 blk
Texasjeremy
STATS

Kalani Brown (Los Angeles): 9 G, 14.0 min, 3.9 pts, 3.8 reb, 0.4 ast, 0.3 stl, 0.7 blk
Brittney Griner (Phoenix): 8 G, 32.1 min, 16.4 pts, 7.4 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.8 blk
Chloe Jackson (Chicago): 3 G, 6.3 min, 1.3 pts, 0.7 reb, 1.0 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.0 blk
Alexis Jones (Los Angeles): 7 G, 15.0 min, 4.7 pts, 1.1 reb, 2.4 ast, 0.1 stl, 0.1 blk
Odyssey Sims (Minnesota): 11 G, 32.1 min, 15.2 pts, 4.1 reb, 4.9 ast, 1.4 stl, 0.2 blk
Texasjeremy
STATS

TXtoCO
BG needs more touches. Bonner should not be taking more shots than Griner. Phoenix needs DT back on the court.
ftblbob5
TXtoCO said:

BG needs more touches. Bonner should not be taking more shots than Griner. Phoenix needs DT back on the court.
Is that you, Coach Mulkey?
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
TXtoCO
ftblbob5 said:

TXtoCO said:

Is that you, Coach Mulkey?
Get the ball to Griner!
historian

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
Griner. She is amazing. Thank you for posting Historian.
historian
Wichitabear
historian
Odyssey Sims:

historian
Griner:

Wichitabear
Our girl scoring with ease. Needs our prayers. Tremendous athlete.
historian
Wichitabear said:

Agree with every word.
Texasjeremy
7/9/19
Kalani Brown (Los Angeles): 13 G, 14.5 min, 4.7 pts, 3.8 reb, 0.6 ast, 0.3 stl, 0.8 blk
Brittney Griner (Phoenix): 12 G, 35.0 min, 19.6 pts, 7.5 reb, 1.9 ast, 0.8 stl, 2.2 blk
Chloe Jackson (Chicago): 4 G, 5.7 min, 1.0 pts, 0.8 reb, 0.8 ast, 1.0 stl, 0.0 blk
Alexis Jones (Los Angeles): 7 G, 15.1 min, 4.7 pts, 1.1 reb, 2.4 ast, 0.1 stl, 0.1 blk
Odyssey Sims (Minnesota): 14 G, 33.0 min, 16.2 pts, 3.6 reb, 5.6 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.2 blk
Wichitabear
Texasjeremy, how good are you! Whipping out numbers everywhere. Maverick thread is very impressive. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
TXtoCO
Griner leads the WNBA in points (20.0), 3rd in blocks (2.2) and 5th in FG% (53.4). It's hard to believe that she won't finish 1st in blocks if teams continue to challenge her. Her FG% is continuing to climb, also, climbing almost 10 points over the past few games. If she finishes 1st in points and blocks and is top 5 in FG% she will definitely be in the MVP conversation. However, once Taurasi returns her PPG will probably decrease as Taurasi will take a lot of shots.

Wichitabear
Awesome
TXtoCO
Wichitabear said:

Why does she need our prayers? If anybody needs our prayers it's Sims. Griner seems to have her sh*t together.
Wichitabear
Sims is who I was referring to. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough for you
slimecap
ODYSSEY SIMS
Minnesota Lynx

Game winning bucket !!

Wichitabear
Sims is a killer!!!! Just doesn't miss. Love it!!!
TXtoCO
Odyssey is 30th in FG%. Let's not try to make her something she is not.
Wichitabear
Well we certainly wouldn't want to do that. Is being proud and wanting the best for her ok?
TXtoCO
Wichitabear said:

Well we certainly wouldn't want to do that. Is being proud and wanting the best for her ok?
Being proud and being realistic are two different things. I love O as much as the next person, but I choose not to overstate her accomplishments. She does miss...about 60% of the time. And she is shooting 25% from 3-point range. She's not a great shooter.
Wichitabear
I don't think I was trying to overstate her accomplishments. Just cheering her on because she is a bear. Have a good day
zt1014
Umm have y'all been watching her?

She is no.6 leading scorer in the WNBA at 16.4 ppg and is the highest ranked guard in ppg thus far this season.

She is not a sharp 3 point shooter, but inside the arc she is fantastic. She is having her best WNBA season thus far and Cheryl has pulled out the Odyssey we are used to seeing at Baylor. She had avg 20 ppg in the last 5 until last night only scoring 16. I believe she also avgs nearly 5 appg.

I think some of y'all are really quick to talk or judge without knowing what she is doing. She is the current Star and leading scorer of the Minnesota Lynx.
TXtoCO
Wichitabear said:

I don't think I was trying to overstate her accomplishments. Just cheering her on because she is a bear. Have a good day
Cheer away! She has a beautiful game that I enjoy watching.
Wichitabear
I'm watching!
TXtoCO
zt1014 said:

Umm have y'all been watching her?

She is no.6 leading scorer in the WNBA at 16.4 ppg and is the highest ranked guard in ppg thus far this season.

She is not a sharp 3 point shooter, but inside the arc she is fantastic. She is having her best WNBA season thus far and Cheryl has pulled out the Odyssey we are used to seeing at Baylor. She had avg 20 ppg in the last 5 until last night only scoring 16. I believe she also avgs nearly 5 appg.

I think some of y'all are really quick to talk or judge without knowing what she is doing. She is the current Star and leading scorer of the Minnesota Lynx.
I agree that she is a star, but there are 10 guards in the league with better shooting percentages (Thomas, Quigley, Toliver, McBride, Durr, Wheeler, Mitchell, Gray, Atkins, Nurse). However, her defense is second to none.
TXtoCO
I'm sorry if I am getting too far in the weeds with stats. I love O and thinks she is a fabulous player. I AM a huge fan and love her game. She plays with great energy and gives the game all she has.
Wichitabear
That's more like it!!!! Lololol.
TXtoCO
I don't want to give the impression that I have anything but respect for her game. She is a superstar!
zt1014
Yet none lead their respective teams in ppg which matters more.

Also, none of them are the go to players for their team. Odyssey is also the only 1 that is in her first year with the current team and having to learn a whole new system outside of Durr of course.

McBride is a good shooter, but isn't the first go to on the team. As Las Vegas takes the least amount of 3's of all teams.

Durr - well we know she isn't the go to. Nurse is the right behind Odyssey in PPG and is shooting 41.4% vs Odyssey's 41.2% . She is one of the go to's along with Tina Charles. So why mention Nurse if she isn't even shooting a full 1% better?

Wheeler- isn't the go to for her team either. Dupree is.

Gray isn't the leading scorer for her team, same with Atkins.

At the end of the game does a coach want someone is has good accuracy, but avgs 10ppg or someone that avgs 16ppg with a 41% shooting percentage.

Points wins games not percentages.
TXtoCO
zt1014 said:

Yet none lead their respective teams in ppg which matters more.

Also, none of them are the go to players for their team. Odyssey is also the only 1 that is in her first year with the current team and having to learn a whole new system outside of Durr of course.

McBride is a good shooter, but isn't the first go to on the team. As Las Vegas takes the least amount of 3's of all teams.

Durr - well we know she isn't the go to. Nurse is the right behind Odyssey in PPG and is shooting 41.4% vs Odyssey's 41.2% . She is one of the go to's along with Tina Charles. So why mention Nurse if she isn't even shooting a full 1% better?

Wheeler- isn't the go to for her team either. Dupree is.

Gray isn't the leading scorer for her team, same with Atkins.

At the end of the game does a coach want someone is has good accuracy, but avgs 10ppg or someone that avgs 16ppg with a 41% shooting percentage.

Points wins games not percentages.

If you miss a bunch of shots you are a liability to the team as you are giving the opposing team more looks at the basket. Being a volume shooter does not make you the best player on the team. Efficiency matters.

Sylvia Fowles is shooting 59% from the field. A good PG will get her big girl more shots than she takes herself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.