Te'a Cooper is a Lady Bear

39,116 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by slimecap
Hairy Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cooper was ranked overall 12th on the 2015 espnW list, she considered Tennessee and North Carolina and selected Tennessee, she was classified as a point guard. Her hometown was Powder Springs Georgia which is not too far from Atlanta.
WacoKelly83
She was #3 prospect's nation recruit that year
Dcheetah
She was also projected as the number 6 first round pick in the next WNBA draft.
mimi25408
She was also the Co-MVP along with Marina Mabrey in the McDonald's All-American game .
Chibears2
Good stuff! Good info! Thanks for posting!
geewago
She also drinks Te'a
blueeyedbear
geewago said:

She also drinks Te'a
Would that be sweet or unsweet ? Lemon ?
Dcheetah
Sweet of course!
blueeyedbear
slimecap

Sept 20, 2019
Dcheetah
That is high preseason praise and expectations! Sure hope she lives up to that! For those of you that have seen her so far in practices, what are your thoughts?
mimi25408
Cooper is fast. If we happened to get the line up of Juicy, Moon, Cooper on the floor at the same time... I would feel bad for the opponent. Warp speed at its finest !! She can drive to the basket through contact. It reminded me of when Honesty kept fouling her giving her and 1's. Shoot 3's not sure how consistent she will be but she has it in her bucket. Look for CKM to let her drive the lane for last second shots.

All the newbies are getting along so well. Even a little more than last years team. Te'a , Didi, Queen are the clowns on the team. NaLyssa too!! I cant wait to see the chemistry on the court.
Wichitabear
Love hearing this!
74Bear
One of the early mock drafts had her going third...so we will see.
Dcheetah
Great info. Thanks Mimi.
Born_A_Bear
Great to hear confirmation of the team chemistry.
blueeyedbear
mimi25408 said:

Cooper is fast. If we happened to get the line up of Juicy, Moon, Cooper on the floor at the same time... I would feel bad for the opponent. Warp speed at its finest !! She can drive to the basket through contact. It reminded me of when Honesty kept fouling her giving her and 1's. Shoot 3's not sure how consistent she will be but she has it in her bucket. Look for CKM to let her drive the lane for last second shots.

All the newbies are getting along so well. Even a little more than last years team. Te'a , Didi, Queen are the clowns on the team. NaLyssa too!! I cant wait to see the chemistry on the court.
I concur with everything mimi25408 said especially with the clowning around - however I must add when it comes time for business they are all business - great team chemistry building - yes better then last year at this time.
I knew Coop was fast but even I have been surprised just how fast she really is - she looks like she has gotten back her love for the game !!!
I think the preseason All American reorganization is just as much a tribute to Kim as it is to Coop for what she did last year with Jackson and those same expectations are for Cooper. If Coop comes even close to that level - OMG LOOK OUT WOMENS BASKETBALL.
I have to admit I am surprised but elated to see Queen come out of her shell - she was always so reserved but seems to be quite an instigator now.
Scout Bear
mimi25408 said:

But...but...but...I thought that other poster who shall not be named said that the team chemistry was bad, the players did not get along, they were scared of Kim...so confusing!

You mean someone said something on here that is not true?!
slimecap

mimi25408
Yea, that person that shall remain nameless is a nut job. Complained that he didn't want Te'a here and then all of a sudden Honestly is overlooked, then bears have bad chemistry . I think he is a undercover horns fan trying to stir up drama.
blueeyedbear
mimi25408 said:

Yea, that person that shall remain nameless is a nut job. Complained that he didn't want Te'a here and then all of a sudden Honestly is overlooked, then bears have bad chemistry . I think he is a undercover horns fan trying to stir up drama.
That poster also said that Kim was playing favorites and only brought Cooper in because she was friends with Jackson and then he accused Kim & Staff of having double standards and keeping Honesty down.
Of course that poster was blinded by personal emotional attachment and unable or unwilling to see the truth.
Said Honesty would have DOMINATED the court had she been allowed to play. Claimed Baylor posters were the ones that were not being honest (no pun intended)

Well if that posters words had any credibility with anyone it was obliterated by a third party without a bias in the discussion that placed Cooper on the preseason All American team !!! So much for favoritism by CKM !!!

I do not think any more needs to be said.

I hope Cooper has an All American season - I wish her the best !!!!
slimecap

BU71
slimecap said:

Very well said Ms. Player! Thanks for posting this Slimecap.
Jacques Strap
Very much looking forward to seeing this year's version of the Lady Bears! It will be a little differennt from last year but I think it is going to be very very hard to beat this team.
slimecap
Born_A_Bear said:

Great to hear confirmation of the team chemistry.

Scout Bear
slimecap said:

Yeah...they all look like they are just having a terrible time together.../s/

Camera don't lie.
slimecap
mimi25408 said:

Cooper is fast. If we happened to get the line up of Juicy, Moon, Cooper on the floor at the same time... I would feel bad for the opponent. Warp speed at its finest !!

ladybears4eva
Wondering how this will work this season
BU71
To me the question is how will we replace the absence of a 6'7" All American, I think the combination of Cox, Smith and Egbo along with the addition of DeGrate an the growth of Bickle will make us formidable up front. Cooper will take up where Jackson left off, in her own way. DeCosta takes a giant step forward and Didi's offense keeps growing. I expect each player on the roster to be better this season. Much to the chagrin of the rest of WBB BU has a very good chance to make it back to the FF.
Eball
BU71 said:

To me the question is how will we replace the absence of a 6'7" All American, I think the combination of Cox, Smith and Egbo along with the addition of DeGrate an the growth of Bickle will make us formidable up front. Cooper will take up where Jackson left off, in her own way. DeCosta takes a giant step forward and Didi's offense keeps growing. I expect each player on the roster to be better this season. Much to the chagrin of the rest of WBB BU has a very good chance to make it back to the FF.
Bickle is only 6' is she not? while they put her at post some I don't think that is her position...just like they played Trinity some at Post her freshman year it was an attempt to give players some extra minutes and we did not have a lot of post depth. Out true low post players are Queen and Erin...LC and Smith are more high post wing type power 4's? Now LC will play in the low post but Smith is only 6'2"?
blueeyedbear
Eball said:

BU71 said:

Bickle is only 6' is she not? while they put her at post some I don't think that is her position...just like they played Trinity some at Post her freshman year it was an attempt to give players some extra minutes and we did not have a lot of post depth. Out true low post players are Queen and Erin...LC and Smith are more high post wing type power 4's? Now LC will play in the low post but Smith is only 6'2"?
Valid points but I would like to remind you what Rebecca Lobo said during the Notre Dame game when the Irish were getting a lot of second chance looks. "Its not always about being the tallest or biggest - its about being quicker, more determined and position"
BU will be a different team this year - yes we lose some interior height but we gain speed and more importantly quickness. Our on ball pressure should be improved and our interior quickness will allow us to get into the passing lanes. I look for us to create a lot more turnovers and fast breaks this year. I will take that trade anyday.

mimi25408
Couldn't have said it better... kim said that Queen can clear Kalani. For those who dont understand that that means she can jump higher. We might now have as much height as last year but we will Moon, Lauren ,Queen, Naylssa, and Aquira. That group has the highest verticals. They all have good rebounding skills . Not sure how high degrate can jump but tall people can grab rebounds naturally. We are going to gain some speed with the new starting five.
I have looked at a few fan boards and alot of them are counting us out because of what we lost but they are not understating what we have gained.
57Bear
blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

BU71 said:

Valid points but I would like to remind you what Rebecca Lobo said during the Notre Dame game when the Irish were getting a lot of second chance looks. "Its not always about being the tallest or biggest - its about being quicker, more determined and position"
BU will be a different team this year - yes we lose some interior height but we gain speed and more importantly quickness. Our on ball pressure should be improved and our interior quickness will allow us to get into the passing lanes. I look for us to create a lot more turnovers and fast breaks this year. I will take that trade anyday.
Not all teams that we play even require that we have a 6' 7" post. KM will have lots of flexibility in what players she puts on the floor to challenge the team that we are playing.
Eball
mimi25408 said:

Couldn't have said it better... kim said that Queen can clear Kalani. For those who dont understand that that means she can jump higher. We might now have as much height as last year but we will Moon, Lauren ,Queen, Naylssa, and Aquira. That group has the highest verticals. They all have good rebounding skills . Not sure how high degrate can jump but tall people can grab rebounds naturally. We are going to gain some speed with the new starting five.
I have looked at a few fan boards and alot of them are counting us out because of what we lost but they are not understating what we have gained.
It would be a mistake to count us out...I fully expect us to be very good this year and likely to compete for another national Championship. I just hope we all realize that Brown and Griner and players of their size and skill set are still rare in the the women's college game. While they did not make us invincible they did provide a scoring threat and defensive presence that will make it look very different at times next year and we may not win games by as large a margin or win all/most all our games going into the NCAA's.

We will be good though, but I do believe we will be less dominant in a lot of wins.
57Bear
Eba said:

We will be good though, but I do believe we will be less dominant in a lot of wins.
Perhaps dominance is important for rankings, wins are important for championships.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.