USA Olympic WBB team...

11,204 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still hope we get one of the Jan games. Would be a great experience for our Lady Bears and I bet fan turnout would be great! UConn will play them Jan 27.
slimecap
USA 93 @ Texas A&M 63
Nov 7, 2019

slimecap

USA Basketball National Team has added exhibition games to its schedule
Jan 27 UConn
Feb 02 Louisville

"U.S. squad could add one additional NCAA game to its schedule, to be announced at a later date."

- USA Basketball website, 6 Nov 2019
slimecap
"The U.S. squad will not play again until 2020, when it has two more college exhibitions: vs. UConn on Jan. 27 and vs. Louisville on Feb. 2.

Then the Americans will play in one of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments, which are Feb. 6-9 in Belgium, China, France and Serbia. The 16 teams competing are split into four groups; the draw to determine each group will be Nov. 27.

The United States qualified for the 2020 Olympics by virtue of winning the 2018 FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup but is playing in the qualifying events to have more competition time as a team. The Americans will be going for their seventh consecutive Olympic gold medal in the Tokyo Games."

- Mechelle Voepel, espnW, 17 Nov 2019
Dcheetah
Disappointing. I was hoping we would match up.
willtalk
It could still happen. The USA team still has one game slot open and Baylor would be the logical choice if an agreeable date could be arranged.

Oh, I see all the box scores except the Oregon game.
Dcheetah
How funny about not reporting the Oregon game score. Guess they don't like being the first USA team to lose in many years.

Does anyone know if there is any talk about setting this up or just that there is an available slot.
bawitdaball
I have heard nothing about it. February is the "space" that the US team has available, and with that being the very center of Baylor's conference schedule, and Mulkey has always prioritized conference during the conference portion of the schedule (minus a few UCONN meetings), I honestly do not see her stepping away from conference a second time this season for such a game. WOuld be great for the fanbase; however, I'd enjoy another Natty and parade more.
slimecap
USA Basketball National Team
Schedule Update
27 Nov 2019

Jan 27 vs UConn Hartford CT
Feb 02 vs Louisville Louisville KY
Feb 06 vs Serbia Belgrade, Serbia
Feb 08 vs Mozambique Belgrade, Serbia
Feb 09 vs Nigeria Belgrade, Serbia

- USA Basketball website
slimecap

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.