Lady Bears vs. SEC SEC SEC Game Thread

7,628 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Bickle looks so much like she did in high school before the injury
I just can't figure out her best position...she is just so short in today's game at 6'0" to play a post position...I figured she would be a wing or off guard...she does play the 4 position as a high post very well offensively....

of course Nina Davis was a very short but effective low post player...and she played more of a low post position...5'11"
bearbone11
I think Georgia could lose a game of HORSE against an empty gym.
R11
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DanaDane said:

Where has this Bickle been? She looks like an entirely different player than last year. This is so awesome!

Coming off an ACL usually takes time.
Baylorkid
She's so effective on the high post! Lauren cox has taken her under her wings and when Lauren leaves this year, hopefully Caitlin can have the same impact that cox had
geoman
Anything going on in the game?
Eball
39-20 at the half...Baylor!
geoman
Gracias.
Eball
10 threes attempted so far
Brian Ethridge
Staff
UGA on a 6-0 run
Brian Ethridge
Staff
NaLyssa with a great move
Malbec
OU 63, WKU 74 - FINAL

Ole Miss 26, Texas Tech 52 - 5:22 3rd
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bickle leading the break and assist to Oliver
bearbone11
Bryan Enterline and his band of morons up to their usual tricks.... I can't remember a quarter this poorly officiated.
R11
DanaDane
Absolutely LOVE seeing Trinity, Jordyn and Caitlin all getting good playing time in games against teams like Georgia. This will payoff big when NCAA time rolls around in March.
GarlandBear84
Looks like Bickle has taken minutes from Egbo and DeGrate.
DanaDane
Trinity has a picture perfect release to her shots.
Eball
52-34 end of third...
DanaDane
DanaDane said:

Jordyn, meanwhile, is gonna need to spend a lot of time working on her shooting accuracy. She has really struggled from the outside. Was she that weak of an outside shot in high school?
Eball
GarlandBear84 said:

Looks like Bickle has taken minutes from Egbo and DeGrate.
Not sure taken from Queen definitely EDG...
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DanaDane said:

DanaDane said:

Jordyn, meanwhile, is gonna need to spend a lot of time working on her shooting accuracy. She has really struggled from the outside. Was she that weak of an outside shot in high school?

No, just rushing a little
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Discombobulated
DanaDane
Brian Ethridge said:

DanaDane said:

DanaDane said:

No, just rushing a little
That makes sense. She looks like she's trying to do too much at times, which isn't unusual for a freshman.
Eball
Queen is just one of those kids that just seems to be in the right spot for a rebound or put back...all her shots seem to go up soft and no matter how awkward seem to find there way in...I agree she is raw and lacks some discipline when it comes to basic fundamentals. She is a Stat filler! for sure... through three quarters she is the leading scorer 12 points and 9 rebounds....and she has sat a bunch did not get the start coming out of halftime....
Eball
62-34 last media timeout
Eball
Cruise control 68-34 under three minutes...Queen with a Double Double...
Wichitabear
Thank you Eball for the updates!
DanaDane
Learning how to win without Lauren is really gonna build the confidence of this team. If she gets in foul trouble in the tourney, we'll be mentally prepared for the challenge since they've already faced it for almost one-third of a season.
Malbec
Texas Tech 84, Ole Miss 48 - FINAL

SEC! SEC! SEC!
DanaDane
The main reason it's important for Jordyn to be a good shot is because she has such athletic moves she will always have an uncanny ability to create shots for herself. She drilled that one!
Eball
72-38 Final!
blueeyedbear
Did anyone notice the boot is off !!!!!!!!!!
ScottS
Malbec said:

Texas Tech 84, Ole Miss 48 - FINAL

SEC! SEC! SEC!
palindrome
geoman
I've not been able to see the Lady Bears in their last few games, and following them outside of Sic'Em has been hit and miss, so forgive my ignorance but has something untoward happened to Richards? I haven't seen her name mentioned much during the past few games, particularly regarding defensive superlatives, including tonight. That surprises me, as I thought she'd be the best defender in NCAAW.
Eball
geoman said:

I've not been able to see the Lady Bears in their last few games, and following them outside of Sic'Em has been hit and miss, so forgive my ignorance but has something untoward happened to Richards? I haven't seen her name mentioned much during the past few games, particularly regarding defensive superlatives, including tonight. That surprises me, as I thought she be the best defender in NCAAW.
Some speculation of a nagging injury of some type last week that slowed her down...she played well tonight 6 rebounds 3 steals 3 assists but only 1-6 shooting...a bit of foul trouble...they really did not need her much as we controlled game all the way and the subs played a lot of minutes early. They also played quite well.
BUbackerinET
I probably hate the SEC at least as much as many of the other folks on this board, but the last time I checked, South Carolina was in the SEC.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.