And the Beat goes on ... in the Pac 12

15,616 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 3rdgenbear
3rdgenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Colorado up by 3 with 4:30 to go.
Eball
Stanford wins on a last second steal and three..All Colorado had to do was makes some FT's or get a rebound and they win that game...such a shame...
whitetrash
3rdgenbear said:

Stanford leads Colorado by 1 at the start of the fourth.

Colorado with a 3 point lead under 10 seconds, Stanford hits a 3 to tie, CU has no timeouts, gets into forecourt and picks up dribble out high, Stanford steals and throws in half court shot at the buzzer to win.
3rdgenbear
Crazy game! Stanford almost pulled a Texas.
BuinmyBlood
Man you've got to feel for Colorado. The last time they played Stanford they got beaten on a shot with 1.6 seconds left. This time they go to the line three straight times in the last 40 seconds or so and only make 2 of 6 ft's, to take the precarious three-point lead with about 18 seconds left. Stanford's Kiana Williams then makes a miracle three from the wing that bounces off the front of the rim back against the glass and into the hoop to tie the game.

And then the improbable, terrible pass that gets stolen, followed by the last second heave from beyond NBA 3 range to win the game for Stanford. Man that was hard to watch if you're for the underdog. CU unfortunately just found a way to lose. That's going to be a tough one for them to stomach for a while.
3rdgenbear
Stanford has beaten Colorado twice by a combined margin of 11 pts. Oregon has beaten them by over 100.
slimecap
3rdgenbear said:

Stanford has beaten Colorado twice by a combined margin of 11 pts.
Oregon has beaten them by over 100.
Feb 17 AP Top 25 Poll released
.. Pac-12's Oregon is #3 and Stanford is #4.
.. UConn falls to #6, ending their record 253 consecutive weeks in AP top 5.
.. South Carolina #1. Baylor #2. Louisville #5.
whitetrash
OreSt and UCLA in OT. Would salivate to play either of these teams. They have very exploitable flaws.
SirBearALot
current bracket in the Creme Bracketology has UCLA in our Region...bring it !!! They will have to beat a solid Texas Longhorn team ( ha ha ) and then the Aggies...but lets hope we get the Aggies, we owe them one from a previous region in Dallas.. bring it !!!
Lone Star
Would love to see a Oregon-Louisville rematch in the tourney. Walz seems to have it figured out how to take ionesceu out of the game. They have beaten Oregon in their last 2 meetings, would like to see if he can make it 3 in a row. Most likely not as I believe Louisville will be the 4 seed if all things play out for rest of year.
slimecap
Oregon junior Satou Sabally
discusses her decision to enter the WNBA draft following this season.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28743986
blueeyedbear
She will be a high draft pick for someone !!
slimecap
blueeyedbear said:

She will be a high draft pick for someone !!
Yes, I posted this announcement because the WNBA talking heads are projecting Satou Sabally as #2 or #3. Lauren Cox is currently projected in Draft Site WNBA 2020 Mock Draft as #2.
SirBearALot
in a match up with Oregon in the playoffs, Cox on Sabally, Richards on Ionescu and either Queen or Smith on Hebbard .. that leaves Juicy and Te'a free to bomb the threes, he he
Lone Star
SirBearALot said:

in a match up with Oregon in the playoffs, Cox on Sabally, Richards on Ionescu and either Queen or Smith on Hebbard .. that leaves Juicy and Te'a free to bomb the threes, he he
You don't want Cox on Sabally. Sabally is a perimeter player and that would draw Cox out from inside where she is best on defense.

Cox would most likely guard Hebbard, Smith on Sabally, Coop on Boley, Didi on Ionesceu, and Juicy on whoever their 5th starter is
Dcheetah
This. Juicy on Minyon Moore although Juicy played really well on Ionescu too and could switch with Didi.
blueeyedbear
Lone Star said:

SirBearALot said:

You don't want Cox on Sabally. Sabally is a perimeter player and that would draw Cox out from inside where she is best on defense.

Cox would most likely guard Hebbard, Smith on Sabally, Coop on Boley, Didi on Ionesceu, and Juicy on whoever their 5th starter is
Totally agree !!!
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

This. Juicy on Minyon Moore although Juicy played really well on Ionescu too and could switch with Didi.
That's the way I see it as well. Although Juicy could take Boley and Cooper on Moore. Juicy will help DiDi on Sabrina just like she did last year.
slimecap
Oregon State 60 @ Stanford 63
baylor1984
blueeyedbear said:

Dcheetah said:

That's the way I see it as well. Although Juicy could take Boley and Cooper on Moore. Juicy will help DiDi on Sabrina just like she did last year.
Boley's 6'2 that will be a tough guard for either Tea or Juicy.
blueeyedbear
baylor1984 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Dcheetah said:

Boley's 6'2 that will be a tough guard for either Tea or Juicy.

Boley is a statue - she cant drive - all you have to do is deny her the ball and she has minimal impact on the game.
3rdgenbear
UCLA falls to a really mediocre Washington team. They have survived 3 or 4 of these, but it finally caught up with them.

ScottS
Think Chou is glad she left?
whitetrash
3rdgenbear said:

UCLA falls to a really mediocre Washington team. They have survived 3 or 4 of these, but it finally caught up with them.

And #11 Arizona loses to a mediocre Colorado team. And #17 Arizona St loses to a very mediocre Utah team.

And outside the Pac12 #9 MissSt loses at home to a very mediocre Alabama team on a tip in at the buzzer. And #12 DePaul is blown out by a mediocre Villanova team. And #17 FlaSt and #22 Arkansas are trailing in the 4th.

Unfortunately #1 S Carolina survives at #14 Kentucky. No other threats remaining on their schedule until the SEC tournament, and not much of a threat then.
3rdgenbear
Should be good news for Big 12 teams. Hopefully, TCU will finally be ranked.
Eball
You guys beat me to it...bad day for the top 25...7 teams lost to unranked teams today alone.

Chaos...how does the SEC rate more teams in the tourney and ranked ahead of the B12 who won the challenge this year 8-2? SEC is very mediocre behind South Carolina...
Eball
OK so Oregon or Stanford will be a #1 seed the other is likely a 2 seed after that the Pac 12 is lucky if they have a three seed...It is looking like they will have a slew of teams but not multiple top seeds...
Eball
ScottS said:

I have noticed Chou has not even shown up in box score the last two games...was she hurt sick?
slimecap
Eball said:

I have noticed Chou has not even shown up in box score the last two games...was she hurt sick?
Read that she hit her head in the Oregon State game on Feb 17. She did not return to the game. Unconfirmed speculation is that she might be in concussion protocol.
BU71
ScottS said:

She was quoted saying that while she was injured at BU some things changed and she needed a change, https://dailybruin.com/2020/01/30/natalie-chou-carries-on-basketball-tradition-passed-on-from-her-mother/ She also referenced pressure and the small Asian population at BU. With that in mind I'm thinking she's sorry not to have a ring but the expectations at BU may have been too much for her.
3rdgenbear
Eball said:

OK so Oregon or Stanford will be a #1 seed the other is likely a 2 seed after that the Pac 12 is lucky if they have a three seed...It is looking like they will have a slew of teams but not multiple top seeds...

I don't see Stanford playing with Oregon. Anything can happen, However, much like UCLA, Stanford has squeaked by on their last two games, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop the next two.

whitetrash
3rdgenbear said:

Eball said:

I don't see Stanford playing with Oregon. Anything can happen, However, much like UCLA, Stanford has squeaked by on their last two games, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop the next two.

Ladyquacks open up a 19 point lead at one point but Stanford cuts it to 10 at half. ESPN continues its Sabrina worship.

Graves complains that officials have the audacity to call the moving screens they have gotten away with all season long
3rdgenbear
If Oregon doesn't beat Stanford by 15, they're not as good as I thought.
whitetrash
3rdgenbear said:

74-66 final
4th and Inches
3rdgenbear said:

they beat stanford by 30 the first meeting back on Jan 16th... just 8 point win tonight
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.