Oklahoma State's Ja'Mee Asberry

24,506 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great if true, now we need one more guard and one center, and one forward for a minimum squad.
Wbbfan29
I am told that Asberry is coming. Also Rumor that we are getting an All-American post player from USC.
74Bear
Wbbfan29 said:

I am told that Asberry is coming. Also Rumor that we are getting an All-American post player from USC.

Angel Jackson?
Wbbfan29
Yes. Hopefully this is true. The person that told me is close to the assistant coach.
Eball
if we get the two of them that would be very good and great additions to go with the core we have returning...we could win with that group...
Bexar Pitts
Eball said:

if we get the two of them that would be very good and great additions to go with the core we have returning...we could win with that group...
I agree...and buy some time for CNC to get her recruiting system in place. Let's hope this happens. Sic 'Em !
HoustonBear15
Wbbfan29 said:

Was hoping you meant the All-American post from the east coast USC (Aliyah Boston).
Jpbu152001
Right, wouldn't that be amazing! She seems like a great person as well based on interviews I saw. I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer or two out of South Carolina after next year, although not Boston. They are loaded! I mean the amount of talent they have on the roster is almost unbelievable!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
They must have deleted the tweet because I can't seem to find it now.
DFW Bill
Angel Jackson will be a Junior this fall, 6'5" Post. Averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds playing 22 minutes a game.
An All American she is not. Maybe in the future, pay less attention to Twitter and rumors.
Dcheetah
She was a Mc Donald's HS All American. Pretty sure that is what wbb meant. Rated #24 overall and #4 post.
DanaDane
Do high school accolades really matter any longer after you've played in college two years and there's now a sample size of how you've actually adjusted to the college game?

Wbbfan29
She was an all American out of high school
BUbackerinET
Do we offer a degree in American Studies (African American Studies) at Baylor? That is her major at USC. Says she wants to teach.
Wbbfan29
What with the hostility? You literally just ruined my day...
BaylorBearWBBFan
BaylorBearWBBFan
sicem45
We upgraded over Moon! Well done Nicki
Polarbear
Asberry is significant, because she's the first player under the Coach NC era to sign with Baylor. It matters that she was 2nd team All Conference last year, so she's a highly competent player, not just a roster filler. Big first step in player acquisition.

Scout Bear
But...but...but...I heard that people thought we were doomed and CNC was cold dishwater? Can't even get a full Staff on board...yadda, yadda yadda.

Good get, Coach NC. Now, go get a BIG.
Baylorkid
sicem45 said:

Hey now! Don't disrespect moon like that!
DanaDane
This is INCREDIBLE news! We are now set in the backcourt with a group who can take us a long way. Now, just need to shore up some size depth upfront.
ABC BEAR
I've been a harsh critic of CNC so far but I will also give credit where it is due. Good job coach.....keep 'em coming.
sicem45
I told y'all Nicki would be bringing in big time talent. She will keep Baylor rolling.
robby44
sicem45 said:

Upgraded how?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
robby44 said:

sicem45 said:

Upgraded how?
A PG that shot almost 42% from 3, a 10% increase over a SG, who did great things here, is what I gather.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Scout Bear said:

But...but...but...I heard that people thought we were doomed and CNC was cold dishwater? Can't even get a full Staff on board...yadda, yadda yadda.

Good get, Coach NC. Now, go get a BIG.
Exactly

This staff is beating the trail and will have another couple names soon. The offers are rolling out and the commitments/transfers will follow.
BUbackerinET
Great news-quality player, and TRUE PG!! How long has it been since we had one of those?
DanaDane
Fantastic! This has me pumped again!

Does anyone know if the Bama transfer is enrolled in 1st summer session classes?
itsjuzme
DanaDane said:

Fantastic! This has me pumped again!

Does anyone know if the Bama transfer is enrolled in 1st summer session classes?

I was wondering if this affects Jordan Lewis transferring in? Or Andrews staying? Hopefully not.
sicem45
robby44 said:

sicem45 said:

Upgraded how?
She's a better shooter than Moon and more talented. Moon was a good player though.

Mark my words, Nicki will bring in better talent than Kim.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
They stated that they will still be at Baylor.
robby44
sicem45 said:

robby44 said:

sicem45 said:

Upgraded how?
She's a better shooter than Moon and more talented. Moon was a good player though.

Hilarious
IowaBear
Don't waste your time responding to him. He's a clown. Guarantee you he hasn't even watched Asberry play a single minute.
ImwithBU
robby44 said:

sicem45 said:

robby44 said:

sicem45 said:

Upgraded how?

Hilarious

This is an asinine statement. Nicki might recruit good, but she has to win 3 national championships before I would even put her in the same room as Mulkey

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.