Moon Ursin leaving LSU?

31,417 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think so.
Eball
ScottS said:

Headed to Waco?
I would hope so...but just seems unlikely? this whole thing is just bizarre...I know kids change their minds and things can happen but...just seems really weird I would have thought BU and her teammates or Kim and her home state...were the two likely choices
BUbearinARK
#Moon2BU would be to the moon and back!
Dcheetah
Why do you say that when she said she is following her heart? If her heart is not there then it follows it very well may be here. Do you know otherwise?
Dcheetah
We'll know soon enough anyway.
SirBearALot
when did classes start ? can she enroll late ? We need a 10th player for sure.. and she can jump with any one ..
Task Force 2015
She needs to enroll somewhere soon in order to be a fall semester student.
SirBearALot
I am thinking it is her missing her team mates.. they played together for 3 or 4 years.. where as Gusters was only here for one year.. ??

Doesn't Baylor have a medical or nursing school near by.. Baylor Scott White hospital ?
jmsmith68md
No Medical School (Baylor College of Medicine in Houston is not part of Baylor University). The nursing school is in Dallas, although "pre-nursing" is in Waco.
SirBearALot
LONG TIME A GO :::::: Went to DBU and we had a nursing degree and the ladies stayed on campus at Methodist Hospital in Oak Cliff , took classes at DBU and did all their training at Methodist Hospital.... long time ago and things have certainly changed.
Wbbfan29
Im just stating my opinion. Am I not allowed to have one?
TxRainMkr
Warming up and practicing my yell again: "Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!"
itsjuzme
I'll try and curb my enthusiasm in case this doesn't happen. But if Moon really is leaving LSU then I can't imagine where, besides back to Waco, she could go in such a short timeframe. Fingers crossed!
slimecap
BUbearinARK said:

#Moon2BU would be to the moon and back!
Adriacus Peratuun
Wbbfan29 said:

Im just stating my opinion. Am I not allowed to have one?
According to the inmates, you are only allowed to have one of their pre-determined and pre-approved opinions or they will descend on you with their shivs.
Dcheetah
No problem and no need to be defensive. You stated it in a way that I thought you might know. No worries.
Dcheetah
This is totally off base depending on the poster.
Adriacus Peratuun
Dcheetah said:

My personal experience is that a large number of the "regulars" are totally offended by opinions not in alignment with their preexisting biases.

And when they see one, they attack in packs. And act self-righteous and offended.

Not meaning you......but they are out there.
Dcheetah
I agree with that.
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

she is following her heart
RUMORS that my texters were able to support with factoids
Baylor
Duke
Rice
Everyone agrees that we should have media notification
in less than 48 hours

Sending Moon and her family our prayers during post-Hurricane Ida.
BUatbirth
Follow her heart to Duke or Rice? Either of those would be surprises. Won't be long till we know.
baylor1984
Would love to have Moon back at BU.
Lynnp550
Why should we expect notification in 48 hours? From wbbblog, Moon evidently entered the portal 20 days ago.
Dcheetah
Rice and Duke have major medical centers on campus for Duke or the Houston Med ctr just off.
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Rice and Duke have major medical centers
on campus for Duke or the Houston Med ctr just off.
Yes
Here was the response from one member of our texting group
"The Duke Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program (ABSN) is a second degree program for students who have completed an undergraduate degree and the required pre-requisites. This is a full-time, campus-based program that lasts for 16 months. Our students focus on health wellness and disease prevention, clinical leadership, evidence-based nursing practice and culturally relevant care.

As a student, you'll complete 58 credit hours of study and receive nearly 800 hours of clinical experience. Our students get the unparalleled advantage of clinical experiences at multiple sites in the Duke University Health System, top-notch healthcare systems in the Raleigh-Durham, NC, area and around the world.

ABSN students may earn up to nine credits towards a Master's degree. Register for electives to prepare you for evidence-based practice, statistics and study design, population health in a global society and more."
buparent2025
Last Monday (8/23).
Lynnp550
On WBBBLOG, Moon was listed OUT of LSU on, I believe, August 10.
Lynnp550
Moon's freshman year, she told me she wanted to be a pediatrician. Wonder if that is where her heart is taking her.
slimecap
Lynnp550 said:

Moon's freshman year,
she told me she wanted to be a pediatrician.

Wonder if that is where her heart is taking her.
Feb 21, 2020
Date posted on youtube

Bear-Runner
Duke is like the Lakers.... How the hell is it that they have so many open spots? They currently have 13 players on their roster. If she goes to Duke it's definitely for the nursing program and not to play... well not to WIN!
sicem45
I feel bad for Moon that she was lied to and led astray. She deserves better (looking at you Kim and Messer).

I hope she comes back to Baylor.
BUBBFAN
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Dcheetah said:

My personal experience is that a large number of the "regulars" are totally offended by opinions not in alignment with their preexisting biases.

And when they see one, they attack in packs. And act self-righteous and offended.

Are you talking about social media, main line press, and the White House?
Eball
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Dcheetah said:

Pot meet Kettle!
Bearprof
sicem45 said:

I feel bad for Moon that she was lied to and led astray. She deserves better (looking at you Kim and Messer).

I hope she comes back to Baylor.

Would love to know the back story on this if indeed Moon was led astray.
Lynnp550
..or the pre-med program. I'd love to see her realize her dream and become a Pediatrician.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.