Moon Ursin leaving LSU?

31,416 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
Big Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe she is now in geriatrics.
baylor1984
Bearprof said:

sicem45 said:

I feel bad for Moon that she was lied to and led astray. She deserves better (looking at you Kim and Messer).

I hope she comes back to Baylor.

Would love to know the back story on this if indeed Moon was led astray.
There is none. It's just nonsense that this poster who joined a few months ago posts.
ABC BEAR
sicem45 said:

Bear-Runner said:

I clearly don't see how a hurricane could have such a quick affect on someone's college /life decision. I DO see how false or misled promises could change someone's decision. I just hope it works out for her and someone takes her in. They'll have one hell of a player and will help to create one hell of a nurse.
I'm glad she is gone and we have a leader now.
At 28-52 our leader is a little underwater. Check the resume'. Where are the accomplishments that back up all the big talk? Early signing period is 2 months away and I'm anxious to see what our recruiting class looks like.
IowaBear
Yet another thread turned into a Kim bashing by the same few people with ZERO credibility coming on here to make up **** to grab likes. Sicem45 it's rather clear you can't tell the difference between your head an ass. I bet you can't go one week without bashing Kim. Also anyone who believes anything you say is a complete moron
drahthaar
Bearprof said:

sicem45 said:

I feel bad for Moon that she was lied to and led astray. She deserves better (looking at you Kim and Messer).

I doubt those coaches would have lied to Moon or intentionally "led her stray" (whatever the means). That said, Baylor can make whatever Moon wants come to reality without much effort.
Lynnp550
Whatever, BigBear. Whatever the specialty, we need more doctors with heart.
baylor1984
drahthaar said:

Bearprof said:

sicem45 said:

I doubt those coaches would have lied to Moon or intentionally "led her stray" (whatever the means). That said, Baylor can make whatever Moon wants come to reality without much effort.
Moon played for her for 4 years and didn't start until her senior year. Moon knows Kim very well. Kim doesn't promise anything except that if you stay 4 years you will get a degree. She was 100 percent on that promise. She doesn't promise anything as far as playing time/starting is concerned and quite frankly any coach that does is FOS.
Eball
She has been removed from the LSU roster so it appears she is leaving LSU!
BUatbirth
I wasn't aware of Duke's medical degree offerings-nor Rice's. That could very well be her "first love".
Might even make more sense than Baylor. For her future ambitions anyway.
DanaDane
So we still have no idea whether she's coming back here, and if she's immediately eligible if she does?
sicem45
Part of the issue is the distance between BR and New Orleans with her classes. Doing that as well as D1 basketball is a giant commitment.

The reality is getting into such a rigorous curriculum is tough and will require lots of time and effort to master these things. Such a commute and lack of access to other things certainly may not have been sustainable to her.
sicem45
ABC BEAR said:

sicem45 said:

Bear-Runner said:

I clearly don't see how a hurricane could have such a quick affect on someone's college /life decision. I DO see how false or misled promises could change someone's decision. I just hope it works out for her and someone takes her in. They'll have one hell of a player and will help to create one hell of a nurse.
At 28-52 our leader is a little underwater. Check the resume'. Where are the accomplishments that back up all the big talk? Early signing period is 2 months away and I'm anxious to see what our recruiting class looks like.
It would be fun to open that can of worms if every player was truthful on their experiences with both coaches so far. N. Smith removed Kim and company all from her social media for a reason, her mom went on a big rant on Kim on her FB before removing it. The previous staff burned a lot of bridges and it got ugly behind the scenes before they left.

Hopefully Nicki can sign a few kids this fall and try to rebuild through the portal next offseason. Kim left this roster for the future (not this year) a giant mess.
imarockstar
she didnt like Kim https://1921681001.id/ , https://19216811.cam/
Eball
Well I would be shocked if the players were not upset over Kim leaving. I mean Smith is projected MVP for the nation next year by some. The team was set to make a deep run again and Kim leaving has to be frustrating. But that is the way it goes. I am mad at her for leaving. Does not mean I don't respect and appreciate what she did for the program and BU.
Adriacus Peratuun
Discussions about academic criteria & requirements should only be handled by representatives of the subject college within the university and not the coaching staff.

Discussions about academic accommodations for athletes should only be handled by the academic support personnel within the athletic department and not the coaching staff.

Nursing school has clinical requirements which can't simply be waived.

Apparently these topics are important and relevant.
ABC BEAR
sicem45 said:

ABC BEAR said:

sicem45 said:

Bear-Runner said:

It would be fun to open that can of worms if every player was truthful on their experiences with both coaches so far. N. Smith removed Kim and company all from her social media for a reason, her mom went on a big rant on Kim on her FB before removing it. The previous staff burned a lot of bridges and it got ugly behind the scenes before they left.

Hopefully Nicki can sign a few kids this fall and try to rebuild through the portal next offseason. Kim left this roster for the future (not this year) a giant mess.
Our recruiting success with the Fab 5 and grad transfers probably led to our recruiting lull the past 2 years. There wasn't going to be playing time available for several years and everyone could see that. Who wants to sit and watch when you can play elsewhere?

Collen and Co. seem to have conquered the social media side of recruiting, but I'm not sure that's going to be a determining factor for many 5 star players.
slimecap
One LSU fan board member posted today that Moon was
"liking a lot of Notre Dame fans tweets to her"
ABC BEAR
slimecap said:

One LSU fan board member posted today that Moon was
"liking a lot of Notre Dame fans tweets to her"
After spending a summer in Baton Rouge, even South Bend would seem like a step up.
Task Force 2015
She would need a winter wardrobe.
Lynnp550
COLLEN
Lynnp550
https://www.marian.edu/docs/default-source/College-of-Osteopathic-Medicine-Admissions/MU-COM_FastTrack_NotreDame_Oct16.pdf?sfvrsn=1a2e62fd_2

drahthaar
baylor1984 said:

drahthaar said:

Bearprof said:

sicem45 said:

Moon played for her for 4 years and didn't start until her senior year. Moon knows Kim very well. Kim doesn't promise anything except that if you stay 4 years you will get a degree. She was 100 percent on that promise. She doesn't promise anything as far as playing time/starting is concerned and quite frankly any coach that does is FOS.

Read my comment again: not knocking Kim or Sytia. Quite the opposite. Also not suggesting any coach make any "promises" as you suggest. But I am claiming that Baylor can adapt an academic program to fit Ursin's professional goals. Not every comment or poster is ragging Mulkey.
IowaBear
Drahthaar, 1984's response was intended for Sicem45 not you. At least that makes how I read it
setshot
The success of the Fab 5, or as they were designated at the time, the Fierce Five, was spotty to say the least.
Two transfers, Bickle injured and largely a player off the bench, Queen Egbo a junior before she matured late in the season into the player we hoped her to become. Only NaLyssa was ready for the role assigned to her, and she deserves enormous credit for her consistency and effort.

I have high hopes for Queen and NaLyssa this season, and I greatly desire to see the latter expand her game, as she gave promise of doing last year. I thought that she needed to be moved out from her position in the deep paint, and in the Tournament she moved out on the floor more and the results were edifying. I am still puzzled as to why we pretty much forgot about her in the fourth quarter against UCONN, but that is not the substance of my post today. I think that Collen will use her differently, and both Smith and Egbo will benefit from that.

I regret Moon's decision to leave, but she was thinking of the longer life situation, I am sure. I always had the impression that she and Baylor made a good fit, and I thoroughly enjoyed her game. She left it all on the floor.

We really don't know how the recruiting campaign is going, right now. We need at least a couple of quality players from the transfer portal, and a couple of good high school prospects coming in. There are a lot of holes to fill and depth to assemble. It will be an interesting couple of months upcoming.
Adriacus Peratuun
setshot said:

The success of the Fab 5, or as they were designated at the time, the Fierce Five, was spotty to say the least.
Two transfers, Bickle injured and largely a player off the bench, Queen Egbo a junior before she matured late in the season into the player we hoped her to become. Only NaLyssa was ready for the role assigned to her, and she deserves enormous credit for her consistency and effort.

I have high hopes for Queen and NaLyssa this season, and I greatly desire to see the latter expand her game, as she gave promise of doing last year. I thought that she needed to be moved out from her position in the deep paint, and in the Tournament she moved out on the floor more and the results were edifying. I am still puzzled as to why we pretty much forgot about her in the fourth quarter against UCONN, but that is not the substance of my post today. I think that Collen will use her differently, and both Smith and Egbo will benefit from that.

I regret Moon's decision to leave, but she was thinking of the longer life situation, I am sure. I always had the impression that she and Baylor made a good fit, and I thoroughly enjoyed her game. She left it all on the floor.

We really don't know how the recruiting campaign is going, right now. We need at least a couple of quality players from the transfer portal, and a couple of good high school prospects coming in. There are a lot of holes to fill and depth to assemble. It will be an interesting couple of months upcoming.
2022 recruiting will be hard. Fighting against years of relationships. Limited camp exposure. Conference upheaval.

A deep run in the 2022 Tourney with a happy team may help turn the tide on 2023 recruiting. Getting to the 3rd weekend with smiling players changes things.

Realistically, will be lucky to have more than 5 players returning. Any more than 5 is a big get. Not going to be surprised to see only 2-3 HS players in 2022 signing class but 3-4 players in via the transfer portal.

This season will be the year that the offensive and defensive identities have to be sold. The roster mess that Coach Collen inherited needs a vision to sell. One thing: no trouble selling playing time.
slimecap
BUVA
Makes sense. In New Orleans with nursing/med school, no commute, with family close. I thought that would have been her first choice. Not an easy first semester with post-Ida conditions. But thisvin Moon; she's a fighter! Whatever her choice, I wish her nothing but the best.
GrizBear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

2022 recruiting will be hard. Fighting against years of relationships. Limited camp exposure. Conference upheaval.

A deep run in the 2022 Tourney with a happy team may help turn the tide on 2023 recruiting. Getting to the 3rd weekend with smiling players changes things.

Realistically, will be lucky to have more than 5 players returning. Any more than 5 is a big get. Not going to be surprised to see only 2-3 HS players in 2022 signing class but 3-4 players in via the transfer portal.

This season will be the year that the offensive and defensive identities have to be sold. The roster mess that Coach Collen inherited needs a vision to sell. One thing: no trouble selling playing time.

Wait wha
You've been trumpeting that getting rid of Kim was the miracle cure. Now Collen inherited a "roster mess" and she needs a "vision to sell"?
slimecap
Tulane University's 2021 Rankings
Tulane University is ranked #41 in National Universities.
Tulane University admissions is most selective with an acceptance rate of 13% and an early acceptance rate of 17.3%.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/tulane-university-2029
Adriacus Peratuun
GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

Wait wha
You've been trumpeting that getting rid of Kim was the miracle cure. Now Collen inherited a "roster mess" and she needs a "vision to sell"?

I have never used the phrase miracle cure. Never.

I do believe that the change was needed and will pay dividends for the university, athletic program and WBB program in the long run.

In the short term, Collen inherited a roster mess. 1 grad transfer, 4 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore. That imbalance is by any rationale standard a mess.

And every college coach in every sport is selling a vision. Every single one. Performance fleshes out that vision. Most get a few seasons to flesh out that vision. Collen likely has one season. "How we will play" is an easier show with players. Season 2 will be dictated by transfers. Transfers for season 2 depend on performance in season 1. And Collen isn't simply fighting opponents but also a contingent within her school's supposed fan base.
baylor1984
IowaBear said:

Drahthaar, 1984's response was intended for Sicem45 not you. At least that makes how I read it
Yes.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Adriacus Peratuun said:

GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

Wait wha

I have never used the phrase miracle cure. Never.

I do believe that the change was needed and will pay dividends for the university, athletic program and WBB program in the long run.

In the short term, Collen inherited a roster mess. 1 grad transfer, 4 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore. That imbalance is by any rationale standard a mess.

And every college coach in every sport is selling a vision. Every single one. Performance fleshes out that vision. Most get a few seasons to flesh out that vision. Colleen likely has one season. "How we will play" is an easier show with players. Season 2 will be dictated by transfers. Transfers for season 2 depend on performance in season 1. And Collen isn't simply fighting opponents but also a contingent within her school's supposed fan base.

Yep, but some fail to see it.
Big Bear
I was not being negative in any form, just an update. I believe it had been said on this site before. No offense.
BaylorBears_254
Definitely wouldn't see it as a roster "mess".

Many mentioned that NC would be a fierce recruiter, along with the coaches she hired, in which I agree. Our biggest recruiter is going to be Chloe. We're going to depend on her relationships with these players to get our foot in the door.

A E8 or Final 4 is NEEDED. We will most likely get 1 5 star for 2022, or possibly luck up on another.

The transfer portal will be our best friend as i said before, many dominant players will be in there, along with grad transfers. Get about 2-3 through the portal, and get to an E8 or even Sweet 16, while showing glimpses of what we can be and 2023 will be waaaay easier to recruit.

We'll miss on Wagner and Cox, but im sure there are other dominant players out there.

Wouldn't call it a roster mess at the end of the day tho, NC will just have to show that she's worthy of continuing our success.

This isn't similar to what happened to our football program, and what Rhule had to go through.

If we aren't staying relevant, winning, and recruiting 5 stars by 2023/2024, I can honestly say that NC may not be the right choice.

Nonetheless, I think she'll have us rolling by 2023/2024, but it's very important to win now with our current roster to show future recruits.
BaylorBears_254
This is WBB, there's only like 10-12 teams that are truly relevant, so this should NOT be a tough hill for NC to climb, especially with Baylors history in WBB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.