Moon Ursin leaving LSU?

31,411 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
baylorbear33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KajunKarlsdad said:

Talked with Moon today, the nursing program at LSU is in New Orleans and things couldn't be worked out so she is now at Tulane and will play for them.
It was a strange way to run into her today. Her high school coach lives on my street and she was there. While I was helping my neighbor tarp a wall and roof that had hurricane damage, one of my labs panicked when he didn't see me. He ran from house to house looking for me and when he went to coach Butler's yard she knew who he was for. Moon noticed the Baylor collar and put him in the car and brought him to me. Can we give her one last Baylor assist?
I'm just going to leave this right here for certain posters who tried to tell us all that Moon did not like Kim, it was hurricane-related, or otherwise back on the first page of this thread. Nothing nefarious here - just a young lady trying to pursue her education.
IowaBear
Anyone who took that source on page 1 serious is an idiot like I've previously stated. He's nothing but a clown show who talks out of his ass for attention
lookin4awin
GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

The success of the Fab 5, or as they were designated at the time, the Fierce Five, was spotty to say the least.
Two transfers, Bickle injured and largely a player off the bench, Queen Egbo a junior before she matured late in the season into the player we hoped her to become. Only NaLyssa was ready for the role assigned to her, and she deserves enormous credit for her consistency and effort.

I have high hopes for Queen and NaLyssa this season, and I greatly desire to see the latter expand her game, as she gave promise of doing last year. I thought that she needed to be moved out from her position in the deep paint, and in the Tournament she moved out on the floor more and the results were edifying. I am still puzzled as to why we pretty much forgot about her in the fourth quarter against UCONN, but that is not the substance of my post today. I think that Collen will use her differently, and both Smith and Egbo will benefit from that.

I regret Moon's decision to leave, but she was thinking of the longer life situation, I am sure. I always had the impression that she and Baylor made a good fit, and I thoroughly enjoyed her game. She left it all on the floor.

We really don't know how the recruiting campaign is going, right now. We need at least a couple of quality players from the transfer portal, and a couple of good high school prospects coming in. There are a lot of holes to fill and depth to assemble. It will be an interesting couple of months upcoming.
2022 recruiting will be hard. Fighting against years of relationships. Limited camp exposure. Conference upheaval.

A deep run in the 2022 Tourney with a happy team may help turn the tide on 2023 recruiting. Getting to the 3rd weekend with smiling players changes things.

Realistically, will be lucky to have more than 5 players returning. Any more than 5 is a big get. Not going to be surprised to see only 2-3 HS players in 2022 signing class but 3-4 players in via the transfer portal.

This season will be the year that the offensive and defensive identities have to be sold. The roster mess that Coach Collen inherited needs a vision to sell. One thing: no trouble selling playing time.

Wait wha
You've been trumpeting that getting rid of Kim was the miracle cure. Now Collen inherited a "roster mess" and she needs a "vision to sell"?
lookin4awin
lookin4awin said:

GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

The success of the Fab 5, or as they were designated at the time, the Fierce Five, was spotty to say the least.
Two transfers, Bickle injured and largely a player off the bench, Queen Egbo a junior before she matured late in the season into the player we hoped her to become. Only NaLyssa was ready for the role assigned to her, and she deserves enormous credit for her consistency and effort.

I have high hopes for Queen and NaLyssa this season, and I greatly desire to see the latter expand her game, as she gave promise of doing last year. I thought that she needed to be moved out from her position in the deep paint, and in the Tournament she moved out on the floor more and the results were edifying. I am still puzzled as to why we pretty much forgot about her in the fourth quarter against UCONN, but that is not the substance of my post today. I think that Collen will use her differently, and both Smith and Egbo will benefit from that.

I regret Moon's decision to leave, but she was thinking of the longer life situation, I am sure. I always had the impression that she and Baylor made a good fit, and I thoroughly enjoyed her game. She left it all on the floor.

We really don't know how the recruiting campaign is going, right now. We need at least a couple of quality players from the transfer portal, and a couple of good high school prospects coming in. There are a lot of holes to fill and depth to assemble. It will be an interesting couple of months upcoming.
2022 recruiting will be hard. Fighting against years of relationships. Limited camp exposure. Conference upheaval.

A deep run in the 2022 Tourney with a happy team may help turn the tide on 2023 recruiting. Getting to the 3rd weekend with smiling players changes things.

Realistically, will be lucky to have more than 5 players returning. Any more than 5 is a big get. Not going to be surprised to see only 2-3 HS players in 2022 signing class but 3-4 players in via the transfer portal.

This season will be the year that the offensive and defensive identities have to be sold. The roster mess that Coach Collen inherited needs a vision to sell. One thing: no trouble selling playing time.

Wait wha
You've been trumpeting that getting rid of Kim was the miracle cure. Now Collen inherited a "roster mess" and she needs a "vision to sell"?

Safety net building. If our new coach doesn't succeed (and I hope she does 100 percent) then it was of course because Kim left things a mess. If she wins 25 games, it was in spite of Kim-if we win 10 games-well Kim left a mess.
Adriacus Peratuun
lookin4awin said:

lookin4awin said:

GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

Wait wha

Safety net building. If our new coach doesn't succeed (and I hope she does 100 percent) then it was of course because Kim left things a mess. If she wins 25 games, it was in spite of Kim-if we win 10 games-well Kim left a mess.

7 players remained after The Departure. 5 of those 7 are Seniors.

Do you really want to argue that the roster wasn't a total mess?

By any reasonable standard Coach Collen inherited a messed up roster. She and staff are methodically fixing that mess.
Eball
Adriacus Peratuun said:

lookin4awin said:

lookin4awin said:

GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

Wait wha

By any reasonable standard Coach Collen inherited a messed up roster. She and staff are methodically fixing that mess.

I appreciate your careful and exact wording after "Departure"...yes but had she stayed the future roster would not have been a mess.

So I can agree the roster for next year was depleted but not a total mess. We have very talented players for next year just not enough bodies....with a little luck our top 8 can compete with any program in the Nation. so CNC should have a very good year next year and that should help in recruiting and the transfer portal...

Look I have said all along that making a change like this losing HOF legend would be hard on the program not CNC's fault and it would not matter who they got there would have been issues....just way to many yahoos who did not like Kim celebrating and bragging how much better everything would be under CNC man I hope they turn out to be prophets but it was unrealistic and I think now people are coming back down to earth and realizing that we will likely dip down before we rise up again with CNC and she deserves some time and patience.

It really does not matter whose fault it was that Kim is gone the bottom line is it was and will continue to be a blow to our program for a while.Sic em CNC hope you do well and I will give you time to get your program up and running.....
slimecap

Tulane WBB @ LSU
Nov 23, 2021
historian
Would love to have Moon back at Baylor!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUVA
Me too, but she is following her dream, and I admire her for that. She'll always be one of my favorites. At least she'll be wearing green again!
baylor1984
Eball said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

lookin4awin said:

lookin4awin said:

GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

setshot said:

Wait wha

I appreciate your careful and exact wording after "Departure"...yes but had she stayed the future roster would not have been a mess.

So I can agree the roster for next year was depleted but not a total mess. We have very talented players for next year just not enough bodies....with a little luck our top 8 can compete with any program in the Nation. so CNC should have a very good year next year and that should help in recruiting and the transfer portal...

Look I have said all along that making a change like this losing HOF legend would be hard on the program not CNC's fault and it would not matter who they got there would have been issues....just way to many yahoos who did not like Kim celebrating and bragging how much better everything would be under CNC man I hope they turn out to be prophets but it was unrealistic and I think now people are coming back down to earth and realizing that we will likely dip down before we rise up again with CNC and she deserves some time and patience.

It really does not matter whose fault it was that Kim is gone the bottom line is it was and will continue to be a blow to our program for a while.Sic em CNC hope you do well and I will give you time to get your program up and running.....
Roster would have been fine if Kim would have stayed. Get old stay old mantra was one of Kim's way before Men's BB ever had it. Kim also liked only having 10 or 11 players as she didn't have as much of a problem with PT. The 23 class was locked and loaded and would have been one of the best in the nation. Kim also used the transfer portal masterfully as well. Let's all hope CNC can do all these things.
Task Force 2015
Most WBB teams tend to be "old" because a woman can't declare for the WNBA draft early.I agree that all 3 grad transfers were terrific and that 2023 looked promising.Drew's teams have been more experienced than is typical for MBB.
Adriacus Peratuun
baylor1984 said:

Roster would have been fine if Kim would have stayed. Get old stay old mantra was one of Kim's way before Men's BB ever had it. Kim also liked only having 10 or 11 players as she didn't have as much of a problem with PT. The 23 class was locked and loaded and would have been one of the best in the nation. Kim also used the transfer portal masterfully as well. Let's all hope CNC can do all these things.
When facts don't support your argument, simply rely on hyperbole.

2019: 1 signee [announced transfer prior to departure]
2020: 2 signees
2021: 1 signee [questionable before departure]

That is not healthy roster management. Zero commitments for 2022. One commitment in 2023 [not a "locked and loaded" class].

Have you talked to folks in the AAU circuit? Have you talked to recruits? Do you have any personal knowledge [not things you read on the internet]?

Please give us your facts and sources.
baylor1984
Adriacus Peratuun said:

baylor1984 said:

That is not healthy roster management. Zero commitments for 2022. One commitment in 2023 [not a "locked and loaded" class].

Have you talked to folks in the AAU circuit? Have you talked to recruits? Do you have any personal knowledge [not things you read on the internet]?

You had Gusters, Sarah, Owens, Dauda, Carr. Most likely has Bickel as well. In the 22 class you would have had Smith out of DeSoto and probably one other recruit. She would have taken a couple of grad transfers and in 23 you had Sammie and most likely Maddie as well. The team would have been just fine. In the end it doesn't matter now but your continued insistence of trying to tear down and devalue what Kim accomplished at BU is pure bull***** Her records and accomplishments at BU speak for themselves. There is nothing over the last 21 years that would indicate that it wouldn't have continued into the future except your speculation and BS. I lean on her record as proof of what would have occurred in the future. Let's all hope CNC can duplicate or even surpass what Kim did at her time at BU.
Eball
Maybe you will get lucky and AP. Will put you on ignore like he has me! Always willing to talk smack but can't stand anyone who disagrees. Sad really because he does post some good things at times but his attitude and know it all condescending style of communication makes him insufferable.
baylor1984
Eball said:

Maybe you will get lucky and AP. Will put you on ignore like he has me! Always willing to talk smack but can't stand anyone who disagrees. Sad really because he does post some good things at times but his attitude and know it all condescending style of communication makes him insufferable.
Wouldn't surprise me. There is nothing in Kim's past 21 years here at BU that wouldn't indicate being very successful in the future if she would have stayed. She didn't stay and we have a new coach who all of us that love BU hope is very successful and wins multiple conference championships and NC's. But the truth is that winning at such a high level is hard even as much as some want to try and diminish what was accomplished in the WBB program.
lookin4awin
Adriacus Peratuun said:

baylor1984 said:

Look at her winning record over a long period of time! She didn't just have one lucky year. She has pulled more rabbits out of a hat than Houdini. Look at the grad transfers she picked up and how they performed. She is a proven winner and has the hardware to back it up. Your hate for her is just overwhelming and blinding you-and it is hard for you to believe that she is nothing but a WINNER. You complain about people supporting Kim on here, and look at you just panhandling for a response in the question above. Give it a break man.

Have you ever met Will Rogers? Didn't think so.
geewago
Great posts by lookingforawin, baylor1984, & Eball. AP's stuff can really be obnoxious at times. Hopefully he puts me on ignore too.
Baylorkid
Why am I not surprised that AP is an ass again
GarlandBear84
BUBBFAN
Baylorkid said:

Why am I not surprised that AP is an ass again
I think, more often than not, AP brings good information and solid arguments.
setshot
BUBB, I agree with you. AP is an acquired taste for some on here, it appears, but he is sort of fun for others. I am in the latter category.
blueeyedbear
setshot said:

BUBB, I agree with you. AP is an acquired taste for some on here, it appears, but he is sort of fun for others. I am in the latter category.
Setshot I am in the same camp as you and BUBB.
AP and I have different opinions on what stats actually show but I respect his knowledge of the game and Its fun to read the banter going back and forth.
AP reminds me of my little sister - pick a fight with her you better bring your lunch and a sleeping bag because you are going to be a while.
slimecap
One of my favorite Moon GIFs
Always wishing you the best Moon !!

Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveWBB/status/1449025547384852488?t=PiTwOM77LfoY3aWJqkZpOg&s=19

https://twitter.com/caitlin_bickle/status/1449070812145852417?t=fKXFl1pOf9ZC9df-CwqLmw&s=19

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.