Baseball
Sponsored by

Astros Win!

9,154 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GoldMind
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
0-6 and we look like ****
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Aliceinbubbleland
We never looked like we wanted to be here this entire series.
Oldbear83
Aliceinbubbleland said:

We never looked like we wanted to be here this entire series.
For all the talk, Bregman should not have been on the series roster, And Dusty needed to keep a much tighter grip on the pitchers' leash.

But Baker got the LCS win, and deserves a ton of respect for this year's results.

If we're gonna make a Game 7 happen, we need to find our bats right now
Oldbear83
Not that it made a difference in the 5th, but getting called out on a pitch 6 inches below the zone is just lousy umpiring.
whitetrash
Might as well swing at pitches 6 inches outside the zone. Ump is calling them strikes for Fried anyway.
GoldMind
Awful feeling to get blasted in your own house.

Honestly, it's kind of a miracle we're even here.

Only 2 veteran starting pitchers and one of them is barely what I'd call a veteran
GoldMind
Also, Correa telling us all **** you for the last 6 months probably didn't do a ton for team morale, especially seeing that he's not interested in hitting.
Oldbear83
GoldMind said:

Only 2 veteran starting pitchers and one of them is barely what I'd call a veteran
Dusty deserves a ton of credit for getting us here, was just hoping we could find the magic to win another crown.
GoldMind
Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Dusty deserves a ton of credit for getting us here, was just hoping we could find the magic to win another crown.

I'd argue we're set up extremely well to be back in the mix again next year.

Click and Crane appear to be quite interested in keeping us highly competitive.
Oldbear83
GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Hope so, and while I wish Correa well, he seemed to be more about himself than the team during the playoff run.

GoldMind
Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Hope so, and while I wish Correa well, he seemed to be more about himself than the team during the playoff run.

End of that era and the beginning of a new.

When he wore that thank you huston T-shirt I thought that was a ******** move
GoldMind
Freed looks like David Bowie on coke
WILLIS
Went to the game. Sucked. Second World Series game for myself. The first being the White Sox completing their sweep and winning it all. Blah. There was nothing fun about that game after the first couple of guys getting on base in the first. Then pissed it away and all down from there.

Lets go get Hinch back or another real manager who knows how to push the right buttons on a floundering Bregman or xyz. Thanks for "restoring credibility" Dusty but you are not the manager for the job.

And screw Verlander not even showing up at all the whole season to help coach up the young (and old) pitchers during games.
whitetrash
GoldMind said:

Freed looks like David Bowie on coke
In other words, Fried was fried....
Bear8084
WILLIS said:

Went to the game. Sucked. Second World Series game for myself. The first being the White Sox completing their sweep and winning it all. Blah. There was nothing fun about that game after the first couple of guys getting on base in the first. Then pissed it away and all down from there.

Lets go get Hinch back or another real manager who knows how to push the right buttons on a floundering Bregman or xyz. Thanks for "restoring credibility" Dusty but you are not the manager for the job.

And screw Verlander not even showing up at all the whole season to help coach up the young (and old) pitchers during games.

The bats were the ones that disappeared, not Dusty.

I do agree, Verlander should be a little ashamed of himself for not being a leader like he should have been to those young but talented pitchers.
GoldMind
Bear8084 said:

WILLIS said:

The bats were the ones that disappeared, not Dusty.

I do agree, Verlander should be a little ashamed of himself for not being a leader like he should have been to those young but talented pitchers.

I would agree on both counts. Hinch wasn't some unbeatable wizard.
josephaiden4
Want a link to watch
GoldMind
josephaiden4 said:

Want a link to watch
if you have a directv account, you can stream all the games on SportsNet
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Bear8084
GoldMind said:

josephaiden4 said:

Want a link to watch

But why would we want to watch that again? Haha.

Breggy had wrist surgery yesterday. Apparently he was playing with a bad wrist the whole WS. I was wondering when reports would come out of injuries players were playing though. It always happens after a series like that. Go 'Stros.
GoldMind
Bear8084 said:

GoldMind said:

josephaiden4 said:

Want a link to watch

But why would we want to watch that again? Haha.

Breggy had wrist surgery yesterday. Apparently he was playing with a bad wrist the whole WS. I was wondering when reports would come out of injuries players were playing though. It always happens after a series like that. Go 'Stros.
The season is the longest in pro sports. Im surprised guys like Ripken and Gehrig did what they did, amazing.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.