How will gay "marriage" ever effect you?

10,927 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Among Millennials, 30 percent identify as LGBTQ, more than three times that of the rest of the adult population, and when the researchers broke out the youngest of the group, ages 18-24 (which some call Gen Z), they found 39 percent called themselves LGBTQ.
4 out of 10 call themselves LGBTQ in the group 18-24. Of course you know this number is bogus.

It is actually an insult to actual homosexual/bisexual people, that probably a good 35% of these 40% are glomming onto a movement when they are not authentically dealing with this issue but just looking for acceptance/attention.
Glomming or not they believe and it is not the business of thee government or public opinion or your personal opinion
Waco1947
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-40-percent-us-gen-zs-30-percent-christians-identify-lgbtq-poll-shows-1641085

Nearly 40 Percent of U.S. Gen Zs, 30 Percent of Young Christians Identify as LGBTQ, Poll Shows

looks like the LGBTQIA+ZYX movement is having great success recruiting the tik tok kids.
Naw, these numbers are bogus.

It's just hip and cool and woke to identify this way now. Barna hits it on the head.

Quote:

"It's a subset of a larger issue, that this is a generation where three out of four are searching for meaning. This is a group that doesn't have a reason to get out of bed in the morning," Barna says. "Therefore, the LGBTQ identity gives them comfort. A lot of this generation claim to be moving in that direction, but there's a big difference between claiming the identity and living the lifestyle."
A fair number of the girls at my sons "christian" school, as does Ted Cruz's daughter wokely identify this way.

I can tell you virtually none of the kids I know at the school are "living" the lifestyle, as I would bet Cruz kid isn't either. It gets them attention and sympathy, and they do love attention.
"Loving attention " Is and universal attribute of teenagers
Waco1947
Waco1947
muddybrazos said:

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-40-percent-us-gen-zs-30-percent-christians-identify-lgbtq-poll-shows-1641085

Nearly 40 Percent of U.S. Gen Zs, 30 Percent of Young Christians Identify as LGBTQ, Poll Shows

looks like the LGBTQIA+ZYX movement is having great success recruiting the tik tok kids.
There is no recruiting but revealing and fluidity among sexual identities
Waco1947
muddybrazos
Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

what does that even mean? everyone is just naturally a degenerate by nature?
Canon
Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Again, we all know the game:

If they moved from straight to gay, they were always gay.
If they moved from gay to straight, they were tortured or coerced.
Waco1947
muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

You are begging question. Those positions that you satirize are not human degenerates. They are kids questioning their sexual identity across across a wide spectrum of choices.
Question our identities as teenagers is part amd parcel of the teenage years.
Waco1947
Redbrickbear
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/ted-hudacko-vs-transgender-totalitarianism/

sit down and devote time to read Abigail Shrier's devastating report on the case of Ted Hudacko and his son "Drew," who was torn from him by a court in a divorce proceeding. Drew is 16, and believes himself to be a transgender girl. Christine, Ted's ex-wife, supports Drew's choice. Ted is not a particularly religious person, but he believed that Drew might be acting hastily. Here's how the piece starts:
Quote:

Before she decided to strip him of all custody over his son, Drew*before determining that he would have no say in whether Drew began medical gender transitionCalifornia Superior Court Judge Joni Hiramoto asked Ted Hudacko this: "If your son [Drew] were medically psychotic and believed himself to be the Queen of England, would you love him?"

"Of course I would," the senior software engineer at Apple replied, according to the court transcript. "I'd also try to get him help."

"I understand that qualifier," Judge Hiramoto replied. "But if it wereif you were told by [Drew's] psychiatrist, psychologist that [Drew] was very fragile and that confronting himor, I'm sorry, confronting them with the idea that they are not the Queen of England is very harmful to their mental health, could you go along and say, 'OK, [Drew], you are the Queen of England and I love you; you are my child and I want you to do great and please continue to see your psychologist.' Could you do that?"

"Yes," Hudacko said. "That sounds like part of a process that might take some time, sure."

"What process?" Judge Hiramoto said. "What is the thing that might take some time? Accepting the idea that [Drew] occupies an identity that you believe is not true?"

"The identity you just mentioned to me was the Queen of England," Ted began. "I can tell him and I can affirm that to him, to reassuring him situationally; but objectively, he is not the Queen of England and that won't change, and even the therapist in that case would know that."

The then-54-year-old father of two teenage minor sons (Drew is the elder) felt that he was walking into a trap.
Doc Holliday
GrowlTowel
It is wrong to put your duck in another man's ass. We all know this. Mock those that do and move on. There are more important matters to discuss.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

It's just hip and cool and woke to identify this way now. Barna hits it on the head.

Quote:

"It's a subset of a larger issue, that this is a generation where three out of four are searching for meaning. This is a group that doesn't have a reason to get out of bed in the morning," Barna says. "Therefore, the LGBTQ identity gives them comfort. A lot of this generation claim to be moving in that direction, but there's a big difference between claiming the identity and living the lifestyle."
A fair number of the girls at my sons "christian" school, as does Ted Cruz's daughter wokely identify this way.

I can tell you virtually none of the kids I know at the school are "living" the lifestyle, as I would bet Cruz kid isn't either. It gets them attention and sympathy, and they do love attention.
That was my point, all teens love attention. They have found yet another way to get attention. Most of the 40% are not authentically LGBTQ.
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Among Millennials, 30 percent identify as LGBTQ, more than three times that of the rest of the adult population, and when the researchers broke out the youngest of the group, ages 18-24 (which some call Gen Z), they found 39 percent called themselves LGBTQ.
4 out of 10 call themselves LGBTQ in the group 18-24. Of course you know this number is bogus.

It is actually an insult to actual homosexual/bisexual people, that probably a good 35% of these 40% are glomming onto a movement when they are not authentically dealing with this issue but just looking for acceptance/attention.
Bingo!

Tough to be a teen and not feel out of place or not accepted. These kids that don't feel like they belong anywhere all of sudden become gay and is immediately accepted by the others that think they are gay. Add to that, not only does it give them a group where they feel like they belong, with the constant BS of the left, being "gay" somehow makes them feel "special" too.
D. C. Bear
GrowlTowel said:

It is wrong to put your duck in another man's ass. We all know this. Mock those that do and move on. There are more important matters to discuss.

Sounds like some real quackery.
GrowlTowel
D. C. Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sounds like some real quackery.
Excellent. Well played sir.
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday said:

Testament to the power of media.

Hollywood, press, internet, etc.

If you have the power you can literally turn 40% of the young population into queers.
Doc Holliday
Redbrickbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

If you have the power you can literally turn 40% of the young population into queers.
It's really glorification that's the underlying cause. Non hetero individuals are highly glorified while they pretend to be stepped on by society. We're in that rut where they act like they're oppressed while they ignore the fact that every single HR dept., corporation, university, entertainment outlet and their mom is gung ho about LGBT.

If you come out you get hit with praise and love while you get to pretend like you fought hard against the haters.

There's no statically possible way there's actually 40% non straight. These kids are pretending to be queer for clout.
GrowlTowel
Hot stuff coming through . . .

quash
Redbrickbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Feel better?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
Redbrickbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

True story. Frankly, it's better if these weak minded queers just stay that way and don't reproduce.
LIB,MR BEARS
Careful what you say. Someone may take it seriously.

https://www.facebook.com/100068812526352/posts/256762189960863/?d=n
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

You are begging question. Those positions that you satirize are not human degenerates. They are kids questioning their sexual identity across across a wide spectrum of choices.
Question our identities as teenagers is part amd parcel of the teenage years.

Why do I feel like your solution is inviting young questioning boys to your house to get in the hot tub for counseling?
Harrison Bergeron
Doc Holliday said:

99% of these are girls pretending to be and identifying as kittens.
Redbrickbear
People like this will delete these kinds of messages when they get called out on pro-pedophile stuff…but not for long.

If I had to guess we are in the early 1990s of the pedophile movement. The "we are born this way" argument.

The cultural line in the sand on pedophilia will not stand.

It's yet another example that the slippery slope was not a logical fallacy …but an iron law.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Leftists are evil.
This is not evil:" With the new law, Canada's criminal code will prohibit forcing someone to undergo conversion therapy; taking a minor abroad to take part; and profiting from, promoting or advertising the practice. Violations can draw sentences of up to five years' imprisonment."
Conversion therapy is evil.

What if it works?
It doesn't. I have a friend who does seminars on teen suicide - lgbtq youth are suicidal in greater percentage within their cohort than straight youth. Conversion therapy is one of the causes. CT is dangerous

Opinion noted.
Is sexuality a continuum?
Yes I share quash's view

Has any individual ever moved from one spot to another on that continuum?
Yes. You and I probably slide along the continuum.
The continuum is probably along gender traits female and male in child care for instance.
But some would say "Simply human traits" with no gender identification like gently holding a baby male or female?

Allow me to rephrase the question. Is sexual orientation a continuum?

Premise 1 Some prisoners and soldiers engage in homosexual behavior short term situational
Premise 2 some engage in same sex behavior experimentally
Premise 3. For some sex intimacy relationally, emotionally is same sex oriented (but not necessarily sexually)
Conclusion: yes, sexual orientation is a continuum

So, if sexual orientation is a continuum, do people ever change positions on that continuum? Can a man, for example, ever be attracted to both males and females and then only to men?
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

Quote:

That was my point, all teens love attention. They have found yet another way to get attention. Most of the 40% are not authentically LGBTQ.
and this affects you how?
Waco1947
Waco1947
"So, if sexual orientation is a continuum, do people ever change positions on that continuum? Can a man, for example, ever be attracted to both males and females and then only to men?" DC asked

The continuum is a sliding scale. One can move left or right like, say, political positions.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
So, if sexual orientation is a continuum, do people ever change positions on that continuum? Can a man, for example, ever be attracted to both males and females and then only to men?

Got as "Yes" or "No?" I am guessing "yes," based on your response.
Waco1947
Then "Yes"
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Then "Yes"

By what mechanism does someone move along this continuum?
LIB,MR BEARS
o
O
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

People like this will delete these kinds of messages when they get called out on pro-pedophile stuff…but not for long.

If I had to guess we are in the early 1990s of the pedophile movement. The "we are born this way" argument.

It's yet another example that the slippery slope was not a logical fallacy …but an iron law.

She is wrong. "Born that way or not" is immaterial. Pedophilia is essentially a power issue.
What a youth decides in their own heads about their sexuality is not permission for anyone to violate their body. Youth have the power decide for themselves their own response to gender behavior but a power positioned adult does have that same power position in relation to a youth.
Waco1947
Waco1947
"Born that way" is always lived out in love, not feeling love but I Corinthians 13 behavioral love and attitude.
Waco1947
Canon
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

She is wrong. "Born that way or not" is immaterial. Pedophilia is essentially a power issue.
What a youth decides in their own heads about their sexuality is not permission for anyone to violate their body. Youth have the power decide for themselves their own response to gender behavior but a power positioned adult does have that same power position in relation to a youth.

He. That freak in the tweet is a guy who demanded women be forced to wax his balls.
quash

Lolling at the way people get triggered over pronouns.

The answer to the OP is " yes, snowflakes are affected by a galaxy of things."
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
quash said:

Lolling at the way people get triggered over pronouns.

The answer to the OP is " yes, snowflakes are affected by a galaxy of things."

Words have meaning to rational thinking people. You aren't among that group. Truth is irrelevant to you.

It's cute how you think you can try and take back triggered and snowflake as insults, though. It's almost like you are really trying to think, but just keep missing. Don't give up.
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

Quote:

and this affects you how?
Me directly, not much. My child who goes to school with 30% of girls who pretend to lean lesbian, it kind of thins the group of girls he might possibly date.

The fertility rate for white women is down to 1.6 per person in the United States. The rate to sustain population is 2.1. This particular movement will not have a good long term overall affect on fertility rates. That affects everybody.

And why do you ask how it affects me. This is a politics board, I have the right to chime in any time I wish.

At least 95% of the time my posts are lucid and have a point. You, not so much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.